Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y'all, just trying to crunch some last minute numbers for loans. Does anyone know what CUSOM's COA (cost of attendance, not just tuition) is?
$71,900 per the website

Members don't see this ad.

$71,900 per the website

I believe that's the max you're allowed to take out? Most single students I know who live near the school take between $55-$65k max for the entire year, covers tuition, living expenses, school supplies with money leftover for mission trips and fun/entertainment.

Would any current students (as in finishing their 1/2 year, as opposed to just accepted) be willing to let me PM them with a few questions? I really would love to go to CUSOM (SO in the area) but the new school status makes me nervous about some things and I just want to talk to someone who is there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I was accepted in December & was 95% sure I would be attending. That 95% has recently became a 100% & it feels Amazing! Does anyone have any useful resources for House hunting? I am looking for houses in the Holly Springs area. My wife is actually transferring with her company & begins June 2. I called one realtor in the area who was a real jerk. He basically told me it was a hot/rapid moving market & with a June 1 move in date, I was wasting his time calling prior to May 15. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'll be joining that Facebook group soon!
My wife and I were just house hunting this week. We worked with an Agent named Martha Lucas with REMAX. We found a home in Angier, but looked all over the area. She was very nice, and very knowledgeable about the area, and I'd recommend her and the group she works with, the Helbert group based in Apex.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there an accepted student facebook page? I apologize if this has been asked

My wife and I were just house hunting this week. We worked with an Agent named Martha Lucas with REMAX. We found a home in Angier, but looked all over the area. She was very nice, and very knowledgeable about the area, and I'd recommend her and the group she works with, the Helbert group based in Apex.
That is great! As of yesterday I am now locked & loaded in Holly Springs. Talked to several agents in the area over the last few weeks & the consensus was, this is the most aggressive market for rental houses they have ever seen. Feels great to have a house, 24.36 miles from the school = not so bad :)

Hi all!!

Does anybody have any advice for people on the waitlist? I was thinking of sending them an update letter about my new clinical research project and reiterating that CUSOM is still my number one choice. I was wondering if the research thing is significant enough to send an update letter?

I also sent them a letter of intent when I was put on the waitlist. I really hope I am not sounding too desperate but I honestly feel that CUSOM provides me with the best learning environment which is why I am trying to go all out with them!

Hi all!!

Does anybody have any advice for people on the waitlist? I was thinking of sending them an update letter about my new clinical research project and reiterating that CUSOM is still my number one choice. I was wondering if the research thing is significant enough to send an update letter?

I also sent them a letter of intent when I was put on the waitlist. I really hope I am not sounding too desperate but I honestly feel that CUSOM provides me with the best learning environment which is why I am trying to go all out with them!

If it's been awhile since you wrote your letter of intent and you feel sending an update would make your application stronger, then by all means you should send it. However, if you just sent your letter of intent you should wait a little bit.

What is the FAFSA Federal ID code for the college of medicine? Is it different from the undergrad university code?

That is great! As of yesterday I am now locked & loaded in Holly Springs. Talked to several agents in the area over the last few weeks & the consensus was, this is the most aggressive market for rental houses they have ever seen. Feels great to have a house, 24.36 miles from the school = not so bad :)

There might need to be a carpool group from Holly Springs next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, no kidding. Now's the time to build or buy housing in and around the area. The demand is only going to go up with the new DPT school that opened earlier this year and the nursing school opening in a few months.

There might need to be a carpool group from Holly Springs next year.
Wow. Holly Springs? That's like an hour commute evvvery day. You all can quiz each other in the car, I suppose.

What is the FAFSA Federal ID code for the college of medicine? Is it different from the undergrad university code?

002913, which is also the same as the Undergrad. (via Sherry Smith)

Will be withdrawing my acceptance at CUSOM to attend my in-state medical school- OU-HCOM. Good luck to you all and I hope that an SDNer gets my spot! Looking forward to working with you all in the future :)

Would any current students (as in finishing their 1/2 year, as opposed to just accepted) be willing to let me PM them with a few questions? I really would love to go to CUSOM (SO in the area) but the new school status makes me nervous about some things and I just want to talk to someone who is there.

I am more than happy to help in any way I can. Email me at [email protected] though please as I only check this site every few weeks.

I know this is a WAMC type of question but I will be re-applying to DO schools in June and am looking to toss my app in to CUSOM. My stats will be ~3.08 cgpa, ~3.48 sgpa and 27 (9/9/9) mcat. Will i get auto-screened with a cgpa < 3.20?

I know this is a WAMC type of question but I will be re-applying to DO schools in June and am looking to toss my app in to CUSOM. My stats will be ~3.08 cgpa, ~3.48 sgpa and 27 (9/9/9) mcat. Will i get auto-screened with a cgpa < 3.20?
I didn't

I believe the school looks at the last 120 hours. You could call and ask for clarification.

For the background check and drug screen, is the deadline on the acceptance letter when you have to complete the application and turn in the money, but not necessarily have the drug screen already finished? Also, does anyone happen to know whether the 3-5 business days for Certiphi to get things processed is pretty accurate?

For the background check and drug screen, is the deadline on the acceptance letter when you have to complete the application and turn in the money, but not necessarily have the drug screen already finished? Also, does anyone happen to know whether the 3-5 business days for Certiphi to get things processed is pretty accurate?
As long as you start the drug test by the deadline I believe you should be fine. From what I remember I started my drug test before the deadline but my results didn't come till after it, I was fine.

As long as you start the drug test by the deadline I believe you should be fine. From what I remember I started my drug test before the deadline but my results didn't come till after it, I was fine.

By start do you mean you have to actually go and visit one of the drug testing centers/have an appointment before the deadline? Or you just started the application for it?

By start do you mean you have to actually go and visit one of the drug testing centers/have an appointment before the deadline? Or you just started the application for it?
Go on application station and pay for the drug test by the deadline. I was nervous that I wasn't able to actually go in and pee in a cup before the deadline, so I called Joy and she told me as long as I had registered and paid by the deadline I was fine. I eventually got in to Lab Corp about a month later...CUSOM sent me email reminders periodically until I got it done. Also, my background check results took about a day or so, if I remember correctly.

Go on application station and pay for the drug test by the deadline. I was nervous that I wasn't able to actually go in and pee in a cup before the deadline, so I called Joy and she told me as long as I had registered and paid by the deadline I was fine. I eventually got in to Lab Corp about a month later...CUSOM sent me email reminders periodically until I got it done. Also, my background check results took about a day or so, if I remember correctly.
Ah, thanks very much! That puts me at ease!

Gave up my seat today. Got accepted into my state MD school. CUSOM is amazing and I was very excited to be apart of what they are building in NC. I wish you all the best of luck!

Does anyone else keep getting the following email from Joy Henderson (director of admission)?
"You are receiving this message because you are currently on the Waitlist for Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Class of 2018. Thank you for your patience during this anxious time. The waitlist candidates will be reviewed periodically. To remain competitive continue to submit updates to your application to [email protected] ; we will contact you if your admission status changes."

I've gotten this email four times now since being put on the waitlist on 3/20.

Does anyone else keep getting the following email from Joy Henderson (director of admission)?
"You are receiving this message because you are currently on the Waitlist for Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Class of 2018. Thank you for your patience during this anxious time. The waitlist candidates will be reviewed periodically. To remain competitive continue to submit updates to your application to [email protected] ; we will contact you if your admission status changes."

I've gotten this email four times now since being put on the waitlist on 3/20.

Yes!!! I keep getting the same email. It must be an email that they automatically send out to all the people on the wait list. I get excited every time I see an email from Joy only to be disappointed that it says the same thing as the last one.

Yes!!! I keep getting the same email. It must be an email that they automatically send out to all the people on the wait list. I get excited every time I see an email from Joy only to be disappointed that it says the same thing as the last one.
She'll call you if you get off the waitlist. CUSOM does its acceptances by phone.

Gave up my seat today. Got accepted into my state MD school. CUSOM is amazing and I was very excited to be apart of what they are building in NC. I wish you all the best of luck!
Good luck to you!

She'll call you if you get off the waitlist. CUSOM does its acceptances by phone.

Thanks! I hope I get one of those phone calls :) More than anything, right now I would be happy knowing my rank on the wait list...

just got accepted off the waitlist a day after I sent my final transcript. Wow

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! I hope I get one of those phone calls :) More than anything, right now I would be happy knowing my rank on the wait list...[/QUOT

Does anyone know anything about class status? I'm on waiting list and soooo anxious to hear. It's getting so late.

Does anyone know anything about the class status? I am on the waiting list and so anxious. It is getting so late.

I was accepted off of the waiting list today. However, I will be relinquishing my seat to go to a different school. Best of luck to you guys!

I was accepted today as well and will be giving up a spot elsewhere to go to cusom. I'm a NC native and happy to stay in state.

I was accepted today as well and will be giving up a spot elsewhere to go to cusom. I'm a NC native and happy to stay in state.

If you don't mind me asking, which school will you be withdrawing from?

I was accepted off of the waiting list today. However, I will be relinquishing my seat to go to a different school. Best of luck to you guys!
Can you tell me your stats? Had you been rated on wait list? Still waiting to hear about that.

Can you tell me your stats? Had you been rated on wait list? Still waiting to hear about that.
I was not informed of my rank on the waiting list. Keep your chin up! I am living proof that the list is moving.

Joy Henderson just emailed me about my rank on the waitlist...middle tier. not sure exactly what that means (outside of the top 20? 30? 50?), but I'm guessing my chances are pretty slim.

It is broken down: top 10, high tier, middle tier, low tier

I hope my spot goes to someone that deserves it. just decline my seat! Good luck everyone.

I received my ranking today on the wait list. Just wondering if anyone knows an estimate of how many people are placed in each tier?