Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you tell what the daily schedule is like? 8-5 M-F? And the quality of professors for most systems
First year student here. Class is from 8-12pm M-F (Friday morning is a quiz at 8, then a clinical case and two easy classes after that.) Lunch at 1. M-Th 1-5 we usually have some 2 hour lab (OMM, Anatomy, or clinical skills) when you don't have lab you don't have to be on campus. Most professors are awesome, there was only one that I didn't like so far. Attendance is mandatory, but you don't have to pay attention and are free to study other subjects if you wish.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, you're all sick of hearing this advice, but be yourselves. Be confident and just know why you're there, where you've been...etc...

Oh...and know your state senators. =P

Reactions: 1 users
Compared to other interviews that are MMI or that grill you hard, it's an easy interview.

One interviewer does this in a unique way, and it's pretty hard.
For reference, he was my hardest interviewer and I've been through 6 now.

I just got rejected here without given a secondary. I'm an international student with 3.42 cGPA and 37 MCAT. I'm kind of freaking out right now, wondering if it will be the same thing from other schools...

We have a month to respond to an acceptance offer, correct? Is there anything that must be done before accepting?

Reactions: 1 user
Just canceled my interview for November 4th if anyone wants to call and try to get an earlier date. Good luck, guys!

How doable is it to maintain a 3.5? I noticed that was the stipulation for the Dean's Scholarship. I am trying to decide between here and VCOM.
Friend is going there and she earned 5 - A's and 3 - B's in her first set of grades. Studied about 35 hr/week.

Friend is going there and she earned 5 - A's and 3 - B's in her first set of grades. Studied about 35 hr/week.
I thought the dean's scholarship was a 3.0 to maintain and presidential was 3.5??

We have a month to respond to an acceptance offer, correct? Is there anything that must be done before accepting?
Background check, drug screen, sign the acceptance form, send in $1500, and sign another form can't remember but it is in th e email or on the acceptance letter

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 10/7 and got my phone call from Joy 10/13 :D I can't wait!!!! Good luck to everyone :)

Crossing my fingers for an interview call this week. I've never been so excited for the work week to begin.

Anyone know how much longer we have to wait on the Dean's Scholarship being awarded?

How doable is it to maintain a 3.5? I noticed that was the stipulation for the Dean's Scholarship. I am trying to decide between here and VCOM.
Its very doable, the average grade for all 3 tests so far was about 81% and the first anatomy lab practical average was 90%. Its not easy, but it you study a little everyday you will be fine.

To anyone who has interviewed: how long is each interview and what was the general feel of each? any big questions that came up?

Are the "special days" on the curriculum that one week break/chance to make up things?

I just canceled my interview for November 10. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully one of you gets to take my spot.

For those who sent a deposit, how long did it take you to hear back anything?

in my letter it said 3.5 for the Dean's Scholarship
Hmm interesting, this is from their academic bulletin 2014-2015

Renewal Criteria
The Presidential, Dean’s and Campbell University Scholarships may be renewed annually providing the student maintains a cumulative CUSOM grade point average of 3.5 or above for Presidential scholars, and 3.0 or above for Dean’s and Campbell University scholars, at the end of each year of study. Students must also abide by all aspects of the CUSOM Honor Code. Violations of the Honor Code may result in revocation of scholarship. Students placed on academic or non-academic probation will be ineligible for renewal of their merit scholarship. If a scholarship is revoked, it will not be reinstated in subsequent years.
Scholarship candidates are prescreened by the Assistant Director of Financial Aid and eligible candidates recommended to the Scholarship Committee. by the applicant interviewers. Recommended students will be discussed at the Scholarship Committee meeting, Committee members will vote, and scholarship recommendations will be forwarded to the Dean for approval. Once approved by the Dean, all decisions are final.

Hello everyone,
I read from previous post by someone saying there is an 80% chance of getting accepted if you interview. How accurate do you guys think that is? Assuming one doesn't do poorly on the interview.
Also, would you guys say November interview is late?

Hello everyone,
I read from previous post by someone saying there is an 80% chance of getting accepted if you interview. How accurate do you guys think that is? Assuming one doesn't do poorly on the interview.
Also, would you guys say November interview is late?

Where did you read this from? Also, anyone interviewing 11/18??

Yeah I started searching the thread after you posted it, should have done so before hand, sorry! that is tremendous, if true, I have my fingers crossed:xf:

I was complete around 10 days ago and just realized that I totally missed moving violations on Campbell's secondary. Should I email them with an amended secondary and apologize for my mistake or wait to try to fix this after an interview (if I get one)? Hope missing something this silly won't make them overlook me and kill my chances.

"Do you have any misdemeanors or felonies which may or may not have resulted in conviction (including any traffic violations but excluding parking violations)? "
If this is what you're referring to, you only report if you have a misdemeanor or felony, not every speeding ticket or whatever, unless it resulted in a misdemeanor or felony. At least that is my understanding...

"Do you have any misdemeanors or felonies which may or may not have resulted in conviction (including any traffic violations but excluding parking violations)? "
If this is what you're referring to, you only report if you have a misdemeanor or felony, not every speeding ticket or whatever, unless it resulted in a misdemeanor or felony. At least that is my understanding...

Haha ok, that makes more sense than how I was reading it. Thanks for resolving my freak out moment.

wrong. @TechGuy take note. I contacted admissions and asked this very question (I too thought that's what this implied). They clearly told me they want to know about every speeding ticket or whatever...

I have an interview planned at CUSOM but already have an acceptance at ACOM, I am trying to decide which interviews are worth while considering the acceptance. Anyone care to make a case for CUSOM? I would REALLY appreciate it.

wrong. @TechGuy take note. I contacted admissions and asked this very question (I too thought that's what this implied). They clearly told me they want to know about every speeding ticket or whatever...

Well I didn't put down any speeding ticket and they don't show up on your background check and I have been accepted to CUSOM...

Well I didn't put down any speeding ticket and they don't show up on your background check and I have been accepted to CUSOM...

It may matter where you're from. In some states traffic tickets may be license infractions and NOT show up because they're not criminal offenses, whereas in other states they may be criminal charges. In Texas, for example, there is something called Failure to Maintain Speed (for example, if you accidentally rear-end someone at a stoplight), which is classified as a Class C Misdemeanor. Therefore, it would likely show up on a background check. Not that having one is a huge deal, but still.

Just got the call! II for December 8th! W00t, psyched!

Accepted today!!! Class of 2019 here I come!

Reactions: 5 users
Just confirmed for 12/8 interview! OOS, opposite coast, married c 2 kids, non-trad. I'm excited to be out there and meet everybody--the facilities look awesome from the photos and videos I have seen online. I hear the faculty are amazing and genuinely helpful. I have an acquaintance I used to work with who was part of inaugural class last year. I have friend who is youth pastor at a church in Durham, NC... hoping to stay with him for lodging for interview.

Rejected yesterday evening post-interview. I thought all 3 of the inverviews went pretty well, but I guess they didn't think I would be a good fit. Seems like a great school- best of luck to all!