Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School starts in a few months, ahhhh! Could not be more excited about starting at CUSOM this fall. Is there a Facebook group for the c/o 2019 yet?

I met a potential roommate at an interview we both just attended at a different DO school, haha. Just shows you that it's good to attend all of the interviews you can make it to! You never know what kind of useful connections you'll make.

Members don't see this ad.

School starts in a few months, ahhhh! Could not be more excited about starting at CUSOM this fall. Is there a Facebook group for the c/o 2019 yet?

I met a potential roommate at an interview we both just attended at a different DO school, haha. Just shows you that it's good to attend all of the interviews you can make it to! You never know what kind of useful connections you'll make.
Yes.....

Search "cusom class of 2019!!!"

Once you submit all of the documents (transcripts, medical records, etc), are we supposed to get some sort of confirmation that we are set to matriculate? I received emails from the individual departments. I'm just paranoid...
You can call and ask. They should be able to tell you rather quickly if they have everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the past, if a student was left on the waitlist by the time school started does CUSOM allow them to matriculate the following year without re-applying?

In the past, if a student was left on the waitlist by the time school started does CUSOM allow them to matriculate the following year without re-applying?
I pretty sure that answer is no, but you should clear that with joy. Worst they can say is no

Hey guys, I am interested in applying to CUSOM for 2016, but my stats are somewhat low…24 mcat (7p,8v,9b) and 3.3 cumulative/3.2 science GPA but I am currently in classes to help that science GPA so hopefully it'll be improved to a 3.3 by the application time. Any suggestions?

I was accepted with a 24, same distribution as you actually, as well as a 3.55 gpa and a misdemeanor on my record. It seems to me that if you can get an interview, you have a very legitimate shot of getting a spot. Very relaxed interview style as well.

Hey there! Is anyone else interviewing on the 31st? I think it'd be fun to try to connect beforehand, maybe drive around campus together or go to dinner or carpool on interview day.

So I was looking at apartments, which is kind of hard to do from across the country. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Bailey Place Apartments? The website doesn't have much info.

So I was looking at apartments, which is kind of hard to do from across the country. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Bailey Place Apartments? The website doesn't have much info.

May have better luck asking that in the Facebook group. Lots of MS1s and a few MS2s. Not sure how many follow this.

Reactions: 1 user
Just made the waitlist! interviewed 3/9/15! Super excited, hope I get in!

hope everyone else hears some good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
@cdistel Have you heard anything back?
We have 2 days left... I don't want to lose my seat...
I emailed Joy 2 1/2 weeks ago and have not heard anything...I too am nervous. Don't want to mess anything up and risk losing my seat haha. I will probably call tomorrow

I emailed Joy 2 1/2 weeks ago and have not heard anything...I too am nervous. Don't want to mess anything up and risk losing my seat haha. I will probably call tomorrow

she will be on property because it's "accepted students day" but I don't know if she'll be at her desk

she will be on property because it's "accepted students day" but I don't know if she'll be at her desk
Yeah,I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I feel like they would contact us and be like HEYYY you're missing this this and this. Being such a caring school, I don't think they would let anyone forget paperwork and sabotage their chance. They are probably just busy processing everyone's stuff. :)

Yeah,I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I feel like they would contact us and be like HEYYY you're missing this this and this. Being such a caring school, I don't think they would let anyone forget paperwork and sabotage their chance. They are probably just busy processing everyone's stuff. :)

I highly doubt they will say "Dear ***, I am sorry to inform you that we will rescind your acceptance based on your failure to submit appropriate forms by the deadline assigned to you even though we didn't update you on file completion. Try again next year."

It's just them being busy, i nearly harassed them during my matriculation. I think they were on pace for >5000 applications this year

I highly doubt they will say "Dear ***, I am sorry to inform you that we will rescind your acceptance based on your failure to submit appropriate forms by the deadline assigned to you even though we didn't update you on file completion. Try again next year."
exactly :)

For all you hopefuls, i spoke with admissions this weekend and my memory was off. May 15th is when the MD schools make everyone holding mulitple acceptances pick one (not march), there is traditionally a bump in waitlist movement in the weeks following that date

Hey considering going to an interview here soon. So are all hotel options ~20 minutes away from CUSOM, is it really that 'in the middle of nowhere'?

I was accepted with a 24, same distribution as you actually, as well as a 3.55 gpa and a misdemeanor on my record. It seems to me that if you can get an interview, you have a very legitimate shot of getting a spot. Very relaxed interview style as well.
Thanks for your response! were you recently accepted?? and thats great to hear =)

Just recently interviewed here, really enjoyed it. The program seems to hold a lot of potential, and I really like their curriculum and how they have integrated exams. Any current students wanna give their opinion on the testing format?

Waitlist email again anyone get pulled off of it recently???

Withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it will go to one of you. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Grateful to have been placed on the WL today. Will Campbell provide a more detailed status as to where you sit on the WL later or do you need to call in to find out?

Still high tier, I don't think we can really expect movement until April or may when its musical chair time!

do you reply to every waitlist email? informing ms Henderson of your interest in attending cusom?

I think most accepted students are in the Facebook group already but I thought I'd post some of the info from accepted students day here for everyone else:

- curriculum is in block form, 4 blocks of 9 weeks with 1 exam week and 1 remediation week in between; if you don't need to remediate, that week is a break week and some students use it to go on mission trips or other service things
- exams on on computer, hence why they give us a computer
- both COMBANK and Kaplan USMLE/COMLEX qbank/materials are included in tuition and provided after first semester and first year respectively
- student run clinic has just be set up and is still developing
- sim labs are awesome; we get ultrasound training right off the bat
- total CoA is at $76k~, but that's with an estimate of $26k for living expenses and considering the area, it's a very high estimate (assuming not married/no kids)

Just some random stuff I found good to know from Saturday.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I just got an interview invite today. It seems like a great place with fantastic and state-of-the-art facilities but it seems really late to interview now when they've already been assigning only wait list spots for the past 2 months.

Hey everyone, I just got an interview invite today. It seems like a great place with fantastic and state-of-the-art facilities but it seems really late to interview now when they've already been assigning only wait list spots for the past 2 months.

It's not weighted on a first come first serve basis though. It's stats plus interview performance. So it essentially doesn't matter when you interview, the difference between waitlist spots has nothing to do with timing. Facilities are barely important, if you attend ask questions about their clinical education!

Congrats everyone who received II!! My brother and I applied to CUSOM this cycle. He received his II yesterday and I'm still waiting on mine (hope I get it!!). My brother and I had some questions and thought maybe you guys might know the answers since we're all on the same boat.

Would we be at a disadvantage attending CUSOM as opposed to an older osteopathic medical school like AZCOM, NSUCOM, or the Touros? Also, does anyone have the link to the residency matching statistics for CUSOM? I tried looking online but I was not successful.

Also, my brother has a weight problem. He is about 50 pounds overweight but does not look severely obese. He looks decent in a suit and cleans up good. I know he will be at a disadvantage at any medical school interview because of his physical appearance but is the disadvantage big enough to prevent him from being accepted?

He doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a round-trip air ticket to CUSOM and the hotel stay and then find out he was rejected post-interview because of his excess weight. He is working on losing his weight now.

Also anyone has an interview between Sept 7-10? That's when my bro will be interviewing and he was wondering if someone wanted to share rides (from the airport) and a room with him?

Sorry for all the questions, I should tell my bro to open up his own sdn a/c lol.

I wonder what happened to this guy... He was pretty funny.

^^ lol asking about CUSOM's 'residency matching statistics' screams troll. If you seriously applied here, how in the hell do you not know their oldest class hasn't even taken the COMLEX let alone matched into residencies??? It'd be best if he didn't enter medicine.

Was there an average time length between receiving a WL notification and then a tier placement?

Was there an average time length between receiving a WL notification and then a tier placement?

it took about a week and a half for me to receive my tier designation, you definitely get it though