Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes, they are usually pretty quick

I'm not too worried yet. It has only been 3 days. I'll shoot them an email next week if I don't receive an email.

Members don't see this ad.

Received secondary, pending MCAT score. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
We start classes next week, so I imagine that's when admissions will start looking at everything again. Right now, they're all sitting in the lecture hall with us.

We start classes next week, so I imagine that's when admissions will start looking at everything again. Right now, they're all sitting in the lecture hall with us..forever.

fixed that for you ;)

Hello ladies and gents. When you received an email from CU-SOM letting you know that they received and reviewed your primary application, was

"We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks" included? I would just like to know if this is a generic statement that they add in every e-mail. Thanks guys.
I received this email as well

Is anyone else getting a delivery delayed email from them when you send in the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
August 6th was when a majority of the applicants were called for interviews last year, so hopefully we get ours tomorrow, too! Idk how much longer I can keep this enthusiasm going. This wait is killing me from the inside. I need a job.

Reactions: 1 users
I could tell you when interviews start, but... :whistle:

II today, this afternoon, via phone call. Dates were August 18th, 19th, 25th or 26th (that were offered.. they maybe would offer other dates if you asked!)

Reactions: 1 user
II today, this afternoon, via phone call. Dates were August 18th, 19th, 25th or 26th (that were offered.. they maybe would offer other dates if you asked!)
Congrats!!! So happy for you!

Anyone got some creative ways to successfully format this secondary? Typing on those lines....yikes...

Invited for interview!!! Scheduled for 9/23. Given choices between 9/22 and 9/23. I got the call almost 2 hours ago but try being at work and having to go around and tell everyone the wonderful news. So many hugs :3 I was told that we should receive an e-mail today or tomorrow (she said their system was having issues) with details about the day and parking passes. I also want to say that anyone with a sub 25 mcat score, don't give up and have hope. They showed me some love :)

Did you guys all receive emails notifying that you were complete? I sent in my secondaries in the first week of July but did not submit my letters until roughly the third week in July. Still too early to contact them you think? A ton of my schools were just waiting on my letters, and now that I have them in, I havent heard a peep.

I went on a spree of calls today, asked if my letters were in and got 3 emails this afternoon saying I was complete at all of them.... What a coincidence!
Did you guys all receive emails notifying that you were complete? I sent in my secondaries in the first week of July but did not submit my letters until roughly the third week in July. Still too early to contact them you think? A ton of my schools were just waiting on my letters, and now that I have them in, I havent heard a peep.

Congrats everyone who received II!! My brother and I applied to CUSOM this cycle. He received his II yesterday and I'm still waiting on mine (hope I get it!!). My brother and I had some questions and thought maybe you guys might know the answers since we're all on the same boat.

Would we be at a disadvantage attending CUSOM as opposed to an older osteopathic medical school like AZCOM, NSUCOM, or the Touros? Also, does anyone have the link to the residency matching statistics for CUSOM? I tried looking online but I was not successful.

Also, my brother has a weight problem. He is about 50 pounds overweight but does not look severely obese. He looks decent in a suit and cleans up good. I know he will be at a disadvantage at any medical school interview because of his physical appearance but is the disadvantage big enough to prevent him from being accepted?

He doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a round-trip air ticket to CUSOM and the hotel stay and then find out he was rejected post-interview because of his excess weight. He is working on losing his weight now.

Also anyone has an interview between Sept 7-10? That's when my bro will be interviewing and he was wondering if someone wanted to share rides (from the airport) and a room with him?

Sorry for all the questions, I should tell my bro to open up his own sdn a/c lol.

Also, another question. This time from me. If an applicant receives an II from CUSOM, what are their chances of being accepted to CUSOM?

Let's say an applicant has a 10% chance of being accepted to CUSOM before the II, what is their chance of being accepted after the II?

Also, another question. This time from me. If an applicant receives an II from CUSOM, what are their chances of being accepted to CUSOM?

Let's say an applicant has a 10% chance of being accepted to CUSOM before the II, what is their chance of being accepted after the II?

I can't answer your other questions, but from what I found in last year's thread, there's an 80% chance.

Congrats to all of those that received ii! Really hoping for an interview here, NC resident! Mcat wasn't released until 7/29; finally understand what others meant by hurry up and wait!

I can't answer your other questions, but from what I found in last year's thread, there's an 80% chance.

80% chance!! wow!! you must be so excited!! when I told my brother he has a 80% chance of being accepted to CUSOM, he took his shirt off and started dancing to the 2014 FIFA World Cup song by Pitbull and started singing "I'm going to be a doctor" LOL, he is crazy but I can understand why he's happy.

Congrats everyone who received II!! My brother and I applied to CUSOM this cycle. He received his II yesterday and I'm still waiting on mine (hope I get it!!). My brother and I had some questions and thought maybe you guys might know the answers since we're all on the same boat.

Would we be at a disadvantage attending CUSOM as opposed to an older osteopathic medical school like AZCOM, NSUCOM, or the Touros? Also, does anyone have the link to the residency matching statistics for CUSOM? I tried looking online but I was not successful.

Also, my brother has a weight problem. He is about 50 pounds overweight but does not look severely obese. He looks decent in a suit and cleans up good. I know he will be at a disadvantage at any medical school interview because of his physical appearance but is the disadvantage big enough to prevent him from being accepted?

He doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a round-trip air ticket to CUSOM and the hotel stay and then find out he was rejected post-interview because of his excess weight. He is working on losing his weight now.

Also anyone has an interview between Sept 7-10? That's when my bro will be interviewing and he was wondering if someone wanted to share rides (from the airport) and a room with him?

Sorry for all the questions, I should tell my bro to open up his own sdn a/c lol.

CUSOM has no residency stats yet... we just started our second year so they won't even be applying this year. I can tell you that cusom has received approval to start an IM residency and a derm residency in addition to being in the motions for more. We already have commitments from training sites to provide enough space for all of our students during years 3-4.

We have a number of larger students this year...your brother can work on health for his health but it won't stop him from being a doctor here

Sorry for all the questions, I should tell my bro to open up his own sdn a/

c lol.

I'm waiting for a dentist, so I have time to kill. I'll try answering to the best of my abilities:

Older schools are typically better because they are more established, but things seem different for Campbell to me. It is a new school, but it's looking really great. I don't think I've seen anything negative about this school yet. It's my top choice, for sure. And you won't find matching stats because I believe they haven't had a graduating class yet.

I've read somewhere that more attractive people have higher success with job interviews, but I don't think he's gonna have a problem if he's a good applicant. The only possible negative situation I can imagine is that he has identical stats to another applicant and he's not picked due to a subconscious bias from the interviewers. I wouldn't have him worry over it, though. In my opinion, if he wants to lose weight, it should be to make himself happy and not anyone else.

Luckily, I interview in August, but I wish him good luck in finding someone! And hopefully you'll join him with an ii soon!

CUSOM has no residency stats yet... we just started our second year so they won't even be applying this year. I can tell you that cusom has received approval to start an IM residency and a derm residency in addition to being in the motions for more. We already have commitments from training sites to provide enough space for all of our students during years 3-4.

We have a number of larger students this year...your brother can work on health for his health but it won't stop him from being a doctor here

that's great news! my brother is very happy to hear that CUSOM accepts overweight applicants as well!!

....where pls? :hungry:
The school's on Rt. 421. If you continue south on 421 (a right leaving the school), then take a left on 55 (there's a CVS at the intersection) you'll find a couple homemade ice cream places on the right. One's in Coats, the other is in Angier. There's also some barbecue barn (literally a barn) down 55 on the left that I still have to try.

I'm fixin' to be larger student myself. Food is love.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm fixin' to be larger student myself. Food is love.
I prefer husky. I'll just bank on my dashing personality and boyish charm to overcome my post-EMS 20 pounds.

The school's on Rt. 421. If you continue south on 421 (a right leaving the school), then take a left on 55 (there's a CVS at the intersection) you'll find a couple homemade ice cream places on the right. One's in Coats, the other is in Angier. There's also some barbecue barn (literally a barn) down 55 on the left that I still have to try.

Thanks, you made my day. I can't wait! I found the barbecue barn on google maps hahaha and also the ice cream places, I think :)!

I am skinny, but share your attitude about food.

Speaking of food, so cute that we get to fill out a survey about what we'd like on our sandwich for interview lunch lol.

Speaking of food, so cute that we get to fill out a survey about what we'd like on our sandwich for interview lunch lol.
Make sure to hold the garlic and onions!