Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Make sure to hold the garlic and onions!

I'm planning on peacocking for this interview. That means rainbow colored suit and three pounds of garlic for lunch.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview here in August! Are you OOSers flying in to Raleigh and renting a car?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey Turk, you are landing interviews left and right, what is your secret? what are you putting down on these secondary's?
Jk, lol. I'm getting lucky with what I've gotten, I can't complain at all.

$60 for two days car rental if you're under 25. :(

Interviewing here on August 19th!

Congrats everyone!

CU is my current institution, and I intend to apply here next June. (Jesus, saying that is terrifying.)

So if you all need directions, need to know what sorts of things are around town, just say so. We don't bite. :)

Congrats everyone!

CU is my current institution, and I intend to apply here next June. (Jesus, saying that is terrifying.)

So if you all need directions, need to know what sorts of things are around town, just say so. We don't bite. :)

Wow, thanks for the offer and I'd actually love to take you up on "things around town for 200". I'll be there September 22-24, and I was wondering if there were any events or fun things people might be doing during that time. I've made a mental note to stop by and see the arboretum in Raleigh.

Well, if you're looking for weekly plans in the RDU area, try this link: http://www.wral.com/entertainment/out_and_about/?navkeyword=calendar.

It'll tell you what in general is planned within a week of you searching the key phrase "calendar" on the local news website. It's quite helpful.

Raleigh has some interesting museums; I've never found the time to go myself, but if you're already going to the arboretum, then you'll be in that neck of the woods anyway.

There is also a chance that a band will be playing in one of the local amphitheaters. September is hockey season, but the Hurricanes are playing away in that time swath.

You could see a minor league baseball game, I'm sure. College football is big here too. So I'm sure you won't be moping in your hotel for three days.

We have movie theaters here as well, and if you're willing to drive to Durham, they have DPAC, which is where troupes perform Broadway shows.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can also do my best to answer some questions about the school, etc.

Where did you find this deal by the way? o.o
Lol... well initially it told me the reservation was for $35 but in the fine print it said they had a surcharge of $20 a day for 22-24 y/o's. So I was wrong again. Best deal is through Enterprise if you're under 25. It came out to about $65 for two day rental. I'm beginning to dislike rental care companies and this is just my first interview.

Yeah, I went through Priceline. xD And they said there could be surcharges, so meh. Around the same price for me. And it sucks because I'm 24 years old...

I didn't know they interviewed in August. ^^

But ouch! I'm only going to be 21 next year... Interview travel's going to SUCK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II. I was worried I was passed or something, but I realize I shouldn't be so impatient :)

Reactions: 2 users
Today at 2 pm. Goodluck to you, I know you were also waiting for some schools.

Congrats!

Did you receive a phone call or was it an e-mail? I missed a call from CUSOM today, and I'm wondering if it was for an interview.

For those of you with IIs so far, did you receive your call long after your application was complete? I just got the complete e-mail this morning.

Congrats!

Did you receive a phone call or was it an e-mail? I missed a call from CUSOM today, and I'm wondering if it was for an interview.

I called back and it turns out that it was a call for an interview! I'll be there September 9th.

Got an e-mail today stating my application is "being placed on hold for further review." I'm assuming this means I'm not getting an II now but might get one later.

Got a call for an interview today, interviewing 8/25, super stoked. OOS, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 32 MCAT, decent research, volunteer, leadership. Kinda interesting that I just submitted a LOR from a D.O. to them last Friday, wondering if that affected my chances. This school looks awesome, wish everyone the best of luck!

I don't have a LOR from a DO. On the secondary, should I change the formatting on the LOR section to say "Allopathic Physician" instead??

For my fellow car renters between the ages of 21 and 24...

If you want to waive the underaged fee, you can join USAA for free. And even if you don't have ties to the military for insurance discounts, there are car rental discounts...that waive the underage fee. https://www.usaa.com

Mainly for AVIS, Enterprise, Hertz, and Budget. Hope this helps save us all some money when we have to fly across the country.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1zopzc/lpt_waive_underage_car_rental_fees_usa_only/

And I tried it. Quite happy with my $30 rental...

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everyone. I hope you enjoy the Creek.

For my fellow car renters between the ages of 21 and 24...

If you want to waive the underaged fee, you can join USAA for free. And even if you don't have ties to the military for insurance discounts, there are car rental discounts...that waive the underage fee. https://www.usaa.com

Mainly for AVIS, Enterprise, Hertz, and Budget. Hope this helps save us all some money when we have to fly across the country.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1zopzc/lpt_waive_underage_car_rental_fees_usa_only/

And I tried it. Quite happy with my $30 rental...

Thanks so much Mika. I just canceled my last reservation and used your strategy to make another reservation and I will save 50% because of it. :)

The only email I got so far was to let me know they received my secondary on 8/6/14 . :/ I am so anxious.

Anyone headed in town to interview in the morning?

Hey everyone. I have an interview on the 25th. I will be flying in to the Fayetteville airport.Since its an hour from the school is there any other way of transpiration besides renting a car and getting a cab. I am flying out right after the interview and don't want to have to worry but retuning the rental and trying to catch my flight. And I know cab rides back and forth will be really expensive.

Also those who have already been interviewed please let me know what its like. THANKS

Okay so i guess ill have to rent a car.
Can anyone please help out?
I need a pace to rent a car thats by Fayetteville and will allow a 22 year old to rent. Also I am fying in on sunday aug 24 so thats another issue.

HELP!!!

Okay so i guess ill have to rent a car.
Can anyone please help out?
I need a pace to rent a car thats by Fayetteville and will allow a 22 year old to rent. Also I am fying in on sunday aug 24 so thats another issue.

HELP!!!

Hey,
Call Alamo or Enterprise and ask for available cars at the airport (they typically have a couple car rental companies at airports). You can't rent if you're 21+, just with an underage fee (~$25).