Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent in my secondary two weeks ago and haven't received a complete email yet. Should I contact them to see what happened?

Sent in my secondary two weeks ago and haven't received a complete email yet. Should I contact them to see what happened?

I sent in my secondary at the end of July and just received the complete email yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my secondary at the end of July and just received the complete email yesterday
Does everyone get a complete email? I submitted everything in June and I don't remember ever receiving one...

Hmm okay. I sent them an email just in case. Hopefully we get interviews for the school. I've heard they are very welcoming and the interviews aren't awful.

Good luck guys <3 I just got a email saying my file is complete

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted! I got an interview invite earlier for 9/8. Can't wait!

Man, this is so surreal! I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my other interviews.

Man, this is so surreal! I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my other interviews.

with the exception of my hometown MD program, I did the same after being accepted (I interviewed day 1 last year).......I'm happy with it, but if money isn't an issue I would suggest going and checking out your options

That turn around time is AWESOME! I'm really excited for my interview on Monday :)

Edit: Huge congrats to those accepted!!

Interview on Monday 8/25! Super excited!

I interviewed at another nearby school the same week as Campbell, but cancelled all other interviews. Many that I know decided to attend all other interviews and were able to see why CUSOM was the best fit for them. There are pros and cons to both, but I personally believe this is the best possible school for ME. The most important factors for deciding where to attend (for those fortunate to have the availability to chose) aren't age and reputation, but rather personal fit.

I also got the acceptance call 2 days ago! such a wonderful feeling!

Looking at last years thread someone noted that 80% of interviewees are accepted- can anyone further validate this? If so, that makes me so hopeful!!

See you guys this monday for the interview

what is the class size for cusom? how many acceptances do you think they must be giving out, i.e 100 more than their class size?

what is the class size for cusom? how many acceptances do you think they must be giving out, i.e 100 more than their class size?

162 in the room this year if I remember right...I don't think they give out extras, I think they give out that number and make more calls as people drop

162 in the room this year if I remember right...I don't think they give out extras, I think they give out that number and make more calls as people drop

oh no, is that bad news for people receiving II, especially people going for interviews later in the cycle? My friend's interview at cusom is in october, do you think all the 162 spots will be taken by then and he will be interviewing for a waitlist position? oh no

oh no, is that bad news for people receiving II, especially people going for interviews later in the cycle? My friend's interview at cusom is in october, do you think all the 162 spots will be taken by then and he will be interviewing for a waitlist position? oh no

I wouldn't sweat it...if I recall they interview like 400 or so for the 160 spots. So even if everyone took the acceptance, it's about 40% from each interview that get in...but since many people take acceptances at other places the actual offer rate is much higher. I like CUSOM but I'm aware it isn't the highest ranked school...we have no comlex scores and no match list yet.

How long does it take for the MCAT to get verified? I submitted mine a while ago and I haven't gotten a complete email yet.

Hey I'm interviewing tomorrow and flew in from fayetville

if anyone wants to split a cab ride for tomorrow afternoon going back to the airport please let me know!

Interviewing on 9/15! I'm really excited I have never been to NC I am from Texas. Have read wonderful things about this school. Does anyone have any information on the curriculum or a website you can find some information? I haven't been able to find much besides a couple saying it is a system/case based curriculum so what does that exactly entail? Also do you have the option to find out if your accepted early and if you do get accepted how long are they giving you to put down your deposit to hold your seat? Thank you, and congratulations to all of you already accepted and interviewing!!!

first few blocks classes are split by basic science subject (biochem, cell bio, micro, immunology) after they get us through the basic the blocks become systems (cardio, neuro, etc).....a block is 9 wks

first few blocks classes are split by basic science subject (biochem, cell bio, micro, immunology) after they get us through the basic the blocks become systems (cardio, neuro, etc).....a block is 9 wks

Thank you so much! I like the fact they start focusing on the systems earlier on. Appreciate your help.

Any post-secondary holds or rejections from CUSOM yet? Just curious, private message me if you don't want to say it in public, lol.

I got the snail mail today. Gonna send in my deposit pretty soon. Everyone else still playing the field or has anyone else decided?

Posted this over on the KCUMB thread, but applies here too...

I know very little about this school, but I'm thinking about applying here and a few other places. I've already got 9 do and 8 md apps in the works, but I think I'm getting slightly nervous with only 1 ii and want to cast a wider net. What do you think my odds are here? 3.5 sgpa/3.3 cgpa/3.9 postbacc/30 MCAT.

On top of that...how are the rotations and overall amosphere here? Seems to get a good rep, but I'm just now beginning my research..

Posted this over on the KCUMB thread, but applies here too...

I know very little about this school, but I'm thinking about applying here and a few other places. I've already got 9 do and 8 md apps in the works, but I think I'm getting slightly nervous with only 1 ii and want to cast a wider net. What do you think my odds are here? 3.5 sgpa/3.3 cgpa/3.9 postbacc/30 MCAT.

On top of that...how are the rotations and overall amosphere here? Seems to get a good rep, but I'm just now beginning my research..
We're in our second year so no one has done the rotations.

But they already have lined up enough spaces for everyone

Any other Monday interviewers super anxious right now for this call/e-mail? haha good luck everyone.