Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call!!!!!!! ACCEPTED!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
pretty much if you go to the interview, you are accepted? that's great!! I mean, as long as you don't mess up in a serious way. As long as you did some basic prep and you go in there smiling, you're in! I love CUSOM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!!!!!! ACCEPTED!

congrats! how was the school? Especially in terms of facilities, curriculum, faculty etc? Did you feel like you would find it easy to match into a strong midlevel residency from CUSOM i.e anesthesiology, EM etc.??

Did any of you who interviewed write thank you letters to your interviewers?

Reactions: 1 user
btw, not to derail the thread but did any of you also apply to azcom? I dislike the fact that azcom is waitlisting anyone with a mcat score below 29. I thought one of the awesome aspects of DO schools is that they look at the applicants beyond the numbers? Now, AZCOM is not even going to look at the waitlisted apps till 2015 and by then most if not all the class seats will be taken. I'm glad CUSOM is not a snooty uppity DO school.

I emailed a brief thank you note to each of them.

CONGRATS! I felt like everyone in our group was so deserving... I'm so happy for you, and hope that everyone hears good news today :)
Agreed, we did have a good group! Except that one guy...

Good thing #1, it's 5pm, no more work, good thing #2 it's Friday. Good thing #3, just got their secondary. It is also a little old school. Please fill out this 10 page form as a word document and e-mail it back to us. Works for me. Good luck everyone.

Here are the essay prompts as well.

ESSAY QUESTIONS: Please answer the following questions and limit your response to one-half page.

What are the top five qualities you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school?

Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

In the event you submitted an application to another medical school last year, what improvements have you made to your application? Please indicate if you applied to CUSOM in the past.
Have you ever been enrolled in a medical school? YES NO

If YES, where and when?
This is the prompt for the 2014-2015 application cycle right? Sorry if this is a really stupid question. I know the DO deadlines are really really late and am to exhausted to dig around the website.

This is the prompt for the 2014-2015 application cycle right? Sorry if this is a really stupid question. I know the DO deadlines are really really late and am to exhausted to dig around the website.

Yes, this the secondary I was sent for the 2014-2015 application cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I lost the original email with the supplement. I saved the supplement document though, can anyone help me out on where we email the secondary to or the address we send it to and how much the application cost is

If you guys still have classes to take after this semester, I highly recommend cell bio, anatomy, biochem, micro, immuno, and/or biochem. Every little bit helps. Some of my classmates haven't had any of those classes before and it adds up fast. It's still doable, but why not make it easier on yourself?

If you guys still have classes to take after this semester, I highly recommend cell bio, anatomy, biochem, micro, immuno, and/or biochem. Every little bit helps. Some of my classmates haven't had any of those classes before and it adds up fast. It's still doable, but why not make it easier on yourself?

Man, Biochem twice? CUSOM's Biochem must be insane...

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone receive a secondary application today?

Just received an II via phone!!! :) Very excited to check out this school.

Any idea on what % of those interviewed are accepted?

How do I get there from ny? I just got an interview. Wowww

Grats! Easiest way for me coming from Chicago was to fly into Raleigh-Durham and rent a car. Drive from RDU to Lilington/Buies Creek was easy and took less than an hour. Others flew into Fayetteville (about the same distance, but south of the school instead of north) but I think RDU is a larger airport, so it's probably easier to get flights.

Grats! Easiest way for me coming from Chicago was to fly into Raleigh-Durham and rent a car. Drive from RDU to Lilington/Buies Creek was easy and took less than an hour. Others flew into Fayetteville (about the same distance, but south of the school instead of north) but I think RDU is a larger airport, so it's probably easier to get flights.

what do you do if you don't have a driver's license? use a bus?

what do you do if you don't have a driver's license? use a bus?

I am not really sure :/ I don't believe there is a bus or other good public transportation option available. You could probably take a taxi or hire a car, but it would be pricey. A girl in my group had a snafu with her rental car and took a cab for $90 each way.

Got an II today; scheduled for 9/16. SO excited!!!

Get a driver's license. You need one as an adult entering application season

I'm working on it. Don't know if I can get it before my interview though. I'm studying for the learner's license right now. I grew up in a big city so never had a need to drive, my family didn't own a car.

I'm working on it. Don't know if I can get it before my interview though. I'm studying for the learner's license right now. I grew up in a big city so never had a need to drive, my family didn't own a car.
You flying in night before? What time are you flying out after?

II today! Super excited :)

U guys that got an ii today when were you complete???

So I asked my mother to give me a few driving lessons before I leave. I am scared of the road but I have a license -__-

Good idea :) You'll be okay though. The highways around Raleigh definitely had some crazy/fast drivers (and I come from a big city with aggressive drivers/I would consider myself to have a lot of experience driving), but a few miles down the road it really quieted down. It's definitely not a scary drive!

Reactions: 1 users
Good idea :) You'll be okay though. The highways around Raleigh definitely had some crazy/fast drivers (and I come from a big city with aggressive drivers/I would consider myself to have a lot of experience driving), but a few miles down the road it really quieted down. It's definitely not a scary drive!

I pretty much agree with this. I came from the LA area so the drive was not bad at all. (And at one point I was trying to actually get my GPS to work with one hand and drive with the other and find the school. Do remember to just search for the golf course...)

I'm glad I got an acceptance here early on since it was my top choice, but I'm so bored. I've been volunteering and taking some classes I find interesting, but I still have so much free time on my hands.

I'm glad I got an acceptance here early on since it was my top choice, but I'm so bored. I've been volunteering and taking some classes I find interesting, but I still have so much free time on my hands.
This is what you go ahead and get your hands on next week heh...
http://www.destinythegame.com/

I have an interview on September 30th, coming from Southern Cali. Anyone else interviewing then?