Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre-secondary!?!?!

3.6 cGPA
3.3 sGPA
33 MCAT

OOS

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro

I am assuming that I am not a "good fit" for the school?

I HIGHLY doubt that my stats are too low for CUSOM...

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only guess that they're figuring "why should someone from SoCal come here???"

I don't know if they have a regional bias.

But i am not from SoCal!

Haha, not even close! Did you mix me up with someone else?

I apologize! I was looking at the top post in this page.

Where do you live? Close to NC?

Haha, no problem!

Eh...not really. VERY ROUGHLY speaking, half way point between SoCal and NC.

Interview 9/22 arriving night before to Raleigh and renting car

Rejected pre-secondary!?!?!

3.6 cGPA
3.3 sGPA
33 MCAT

OOS
Hey Sean Lee,
I've seen you posting since the MCAT boards (you took yours a month before mine).
Honestly, you have great stats. However, if you don't fit with Campbell's Mission statement, it's going to be hard to be invited for an interview. They get a lot of applications, and some of them have great stats. They want to raise doctors with values that they see right. If they accept you and you don't want the same thing they do, then they are doing no one a favor.
I don't think it's unheard of. During the interview, there was mention that they could've had an average MCAT of ~30, but they choose better fit over stats any day.

Hey Sean Lee,
I've seen you posting since the MCAT boards (you took yours a month before mine).
Honestly, you have great stats. However, if you don't fit with Campbell's Mission statement, it's going to be hard to be invited for an interview. They get a lot of applications, and some of them have great stats. They want to raise doctors with values that they see right. If they accept you and you don't want the same thing they do, then they are doing no one a favor.
I don't think it's unheard of. During the interview, there was mention that they could've had an average MCAT of ~30, but they choose better fit over stats any day.

I appreciate your response. But rejected pre-secondary? That's a bit of a shocker.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tbh, they could accept their entire class thrice over in 30s and only have those stats. The only down side is that the end end of the day they'll have 2-3 people in their class.

CUSOM is a great school but it's certainly not an academic powerhouse and with high enough gpa and a 30 most students will choose either better instate options or more established ones.

Anywho I think they rejected you because you had an IA. Or maybe because you made illusions to being non-religious or anti-Christian in your ps or secondary.

@Sean Lee I live in the most urban setting you can think of and I got an ii. It doesn't have to do with where you live, trust me.

Tbh, they could accept their entire class thrice over in 30s and only have those stats. The only down side is that the end end of the day they'll have 2-3 people in their class.

CUSOM is a great school but it's certainly not an academic powerhouse and with high enough gpa and a 30 most students will choose either better instate options or more established ones.

Anywho I think they rejected you because you had an IA. Or maybe because you made illusions to being non-religious or anti-Christian in your ps or secondary.

I am nearly certain that it isn't the IA. It could have been that my ECs just didn't click for them.

We have a ton of non-religious students, and a lot of nonreligious profs. I don't think that would harm an applicant.

Anti-religious however probably would because it's closeminded

I am nearly certain that it isn't the IA. It could have been that my ECs just didn't click for them.

Did you kick puppies for charity or something? Lol who knows, don't question it and move on. You'll get different invites.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you kick puppies for charity or something? Lol who knows, don't question it and move on. You'll get different invites.

Truth. The schools that I thought were my best fit haven't called my name yet. #sadbutstillhaveinterviewsandcantcomplain

Reactions: 1 user
We have a ton of non-religious students, and a lot of nonreligious profs. I don't think that would harm an applicant.

Anti-religious however probably would because it's closeminded
My thoughts on how the school is southern baptist was brought up in my interview. I told them I wasn't religious. I also told them I didn't care the school had that kind of affiliation. At the end of the day, stuff like that shouldn't matter. We all have different beliefs and ideas, and we all must be accepting and understanding of those differences. No problem getting accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey I am interviewing tomorrow and the rental agency didn't have any GPS units so I am driving a huge Tahoe and have 7 empty seats from Cary, NC and back to RDU right after the interview. PM me if you need a ride!

Who else is interviewing tomorrow? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

I want to drop a class that I'm taking because it's interfering with some tutoring that I enjoy doing. The class is non-essential and I was just taking it for fun. However, it'd appear as a W on my transcript. Is this a big deal if I'm already accepted?

I want to drop a class that I'm taking because it's interfering with some tutoring that I enjoy doing. The class is non-essential and I was just taking it for fun. However, it'd appear as a W on my transcript. Is this a big deal if I'm already accepted?
Call joy

Reactions: 1 users
I dropped 2 retakes I was in the middle of taking after getting accepted. Just in case I had to reapply. I emailed Joy and didn't get a response so I just dropped the class anyway. Nothing was ever mentioned and I was able to enjoy my time off before school. It wouldnt hurt to ask though if it makes you feel better

>< Man, I'm super sad I haven't receive a call from this school yet, since it's basically my top choice (next to Western COMP).

29, s3.2, c3.3. TONS of service hours on my resume, and pretty much my entire PS revolves around serving the community, so I'm really hoping I get called as a 'good fit' despite my low stats... I know it's only the beginning of September but it's incredibly nerve wracking waiting...

Does CUSOM send a complete email or notify us when everything is in for them to review for interview?

Does CUSOM send a complete email or notify us when everything is in for them to review for interview?
Yup they do. I got that email saying my fils is complete one week after I submitted my secondary.

Congrats, hope it went well! How did you feel about the interview? Any questions that threw you off?
VERY conversational. Had an interview with an MD, PhD, and a DO.

Felt great on two of them. Had a few questions in one of them that threw me off, but they were good questions. Nothing crazy.

ACCEPTED! Interviewed yesterday :)

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed Monday.. ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed Monday

Reactions: 5 users
can those who were interviewed offer up their thoughts on the school? Pro/Cons, etc