Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I'm from California, and I'm flying to Raleigh airport
Right on, I'm coming from Southern Cali. I've never been to the East Coast but I'm really looking forward to checking out the school and the rest of the state. Are you interviewing and then taking off or do you plan on doing some traveling? I could always use a travel buddy. :)

Right on, I'm coming from Southern Cali. I've never been to the East Coast but I'm really looking forward to checking out the school and the rest of the state. Are you interviewing and then taking off or do you plan on doing some traveling? I could always use a travel buddy. :)

My flight leaves later that day unfortunately, otherwise I'd join in :)

Reactions: 1 user
So has anyone officially decided on CUSOM? I sent it my deposit already.

Reactions: 3 users
I have an upcoming interview pretty darn soon, does anyone know or remember where I'm supposed to go on the day of the interview. So far, all I've read is to park in this one lot. Thanks

I have an upcoming interview pretty darn soon, does anyone know or remember where I'm supposed to go on the day of the interview. So far, all I've read is to park in this one lot. Thanks
After you park, walk to the front entrance and go in. Ms. Joy will be there to greet you~

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so I have a question: I bombed the SAT but did alright on the ACT. Do I have to list both of them?

See neither do I. I remember my ACT though since I took my ACT much closer to applications for college.

Can someone please help me out with the CBC and drug testing process? I contacted Joy 5 days ago and still no response on that.

Has anybody else run into any difficulties completing the secondary? The application looks great in Word, but it doesn't allow me to type into each section without altering the format. Am I missing something?

Has anybody else run into any difficulties completing the secondary? The application looks great in Word, but it doesn't allow me to type into each section without altering the format. Am I missing something?
I deleted the lines and then typed

Yeah the secondary seems to not be the most receptive to typing in Word...

Can anyone comment as to how much time is devoted towards board prep? Ie does the school give a month off to study? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Can anyone comment as to how much time is devoted towards board prep? Ie does the school give a month off to study? Thanks in advance!
Second years told me there is about a month schedules for mandatory review and the school is hiring some company to come in and specifically teach board prep

Second years told me there is about a month schedules for mandatory review and the school is hiring some company to come in and specifically teach board prep
thank you very much! Just what I needed to hear!

What was the turn around time between secondaries and IIs?

I have an interview for 9/23. Where do most students here live? Do most commute from other towns? Just wondering since its such a small town.

I have an interview for 9/23. Where do most students here live? Do most commute from other towns? Just wondering since its such a small town.

a few live in the apartments around main campus...a bunch live in fuquay varina, which is about 10-15 min away. The rest of us are scattered around dunn, angier, holly springs etc

Interviewed 9/16: accepted 9/19!!! Excited about being a fighting camel!

Just wondering: Did any of the students that are already accepted and sending in deposits apply to other schools? I am just curious as to why you wouldn't wait to see what other acceptances you got. Just wondering.

How is the campus?

I have now interviewed at three other campuses aside from CUSOM. CUSOM is VERY nice when it comes to technology. They have many patient simulators that are brand new and extremely pricey. They also have rooms for patient interaction where they hire actors to come in so you can practice your skills. The building is also brand new and beautiful. When you look out the large windows you literally see trees....everywhere. For me this is very different because I am from California and see buildings everywhere I go.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering: Did any of the students that are already accepted and sending in deposits apply to other schools? I am just curious as to why you wouldn't wait to see what other acceptances you got. Just wondering.

I applied to quite a few schools and have interviewed at one other. Being at the campus and meeting everyone was just a great experience. I don't see myself being as excited about any other schools so I will put down my deposit to save my seat. If I get some in state interviews I will go and consider them, but as far as out of state CUSOM is where I feel like I want to be. CUSOM might be a new school, but they are going to be very successful I have a feeling.

I applied to quite a few schools and have interviewed at one other. Being at the campus and meeting everyone was just a great experience. I don't see myself being as excited about any other schools so I will put down my deposit to save my seat. If I get some in state interviews I will go and consider them, but as far as out of state CUSOM is where I feel like I want to be. CUSOM might be a new school, but they are going to be very successful I have a feeling.

I agree about the feeling at CUSOM. When I was there I felt the same way. However, once I interviewed at other schools, I felt that same feeling. Not saying that CUSOM isn't a great school because I feel like it is going to rise up very fast, but if you have interviews at other places you MIGHT be interested in, I feel like you should go and check it out. Just my two cents! :)