Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who got accepted. :) I'm a current 1st year here, free free to PM me with questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I received the email on October 2nd saying that they received my secondary and would contact me when my application was complete. I hadn't heard anything back from them since then so I emailed them this past Friday asking about my status. They emailed me this morning that due to a high volume of applicants, they hadn't yet gotten to my file but were going to review it soon. Just got two emails at the exact same time. One said my application was verified. The other said they would like to invite me for an interview! Pretty awesome since I just received KCUCOM today as well! I guess emailing them yields good results!

So I received the email on October 2nd saying that they received my secondary and would contact me when my application was complete. I hadn't heard anything back from them since then so I emailed them this past Friday asking about my status. They emailed me this morning that due to a high volume of applicants, they hadn't yet gotten to my file but were going to review it soon. Just got two emails at the exact same time. One said my application was verified. The other said they would like to invite me for an interview! Pretty awesome since I just received KCUCOM today as well! I guess emailing them yields good results!

They are super quick when it comes to email communications. Which is really nice considering that this process is already nerve racking enough when it comes to making sure everything is in place.

Secondary received 10/28
Submitted 10/29
"Secondary and payment" email received 11/4
Waiting for complete email ~3-4 weeks; email/call if longer
Decision ~1 week maybe 2 weeks
LizzyM <65

Are French Cuffs acceptable attire for the interview? I've gotten yes and no answers from some people.

Can anyone describe to me what Lillington and the surrounding areas are like? Also, does anyone know of any apartments within 15 minutes or less of the school? Any of these apartments not on the main university campus? Any of these apartments have a fitness center?

Can anyone describe to me what Lillington and the surrounding areas are like? Also, does anyone know of any apartments within 15 minutes or less of the school? Any of these apartments not on the main university campus? Any of these apartments have a fitness center?

It's super rural, but I haven't seen any apartments that are built with a fitness center. Holly Springs seems like an excellent place to live, and I know Fuquay is nice too.

Again, this is just my experience in my interview there.

Current MS-1 here. I'm in Fuquay; it's a very quiet, 25 minute drive from campus. I use driving as a way to relax before and after class, so I love the trip. There are like 50 or so MS-1's that live in Village at Marquee Station, the complex where I live. It's very nice, and has an okay gym. There is a nice gym near Marquee Station as well, if the property gym doesn't have what you need.

There are also lots of people who live near campus in complexes in Lillington. Not sure if they have their own gyms on property, but I know several people have found gyms somewhat nearby (Dunn, maybe? Not exactly sure). Supposedly there's a Crossfit place near Lillington as well if that's your thing.

And yes, Lillington is super rural. Fuquay is much less so, but really just a big town (15-20,000 or so I think). But it's closer to places like Holly Springs, Cary, Apex, and Raleigh if you need that.

Look good feel good, so it goes.
Know your ps's inside out. Be able to tie any line into DO mission. Know tenets, know some omm techniques, read a couple books if the questions of books comes up. Know your strengths/weaknesses. Talk obout ur hobbies. Smile! Try not to give long winded answers if possible. Try to have a bit of fun and walk out with a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon Campbell, you're my number one. Send me that II.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Got notified I am being selected to apply for the dean's scholarship. Just wondering if maybe anyone who currently goes to the school has any information on how many people actually apply for the scholarship get selected...?

For everyone that interviewed this week, they said we would hear back by the 13th right? I thought usually people heard back within the same week, so I was a little confused by this.

Anyone else interviewing on 12.7?

Last edited:
Grats! When were you complete and stats?

3.3 GPA (for both due to bad freshman year), 33 MCAT (12/10/11), strong EC's (SGA, Shadowing, Published research, etc.). Got the complete email today followed by the II immediately after. Submitted my secondary about 2 weeks ago. Very excited! Campbell's my first II of the season.

I'm going to be interviewing at this school in about a month and I'm not sure what would be the best way to get there. I'm thinking of flying to Fayetteville (coming from ny). The only concern is that I don't drive, so I will have to rely on alternate modes of transportation. What would you guys recommend? I was thinking of staying at a hotel closer to the airport for the free shuttle but that hotel would be quite far from the school, I think.

does anyone know what Campbell's board pass rate for COMLEX 1 was?

I'm going to be interviewing at this school in about a month and I'm not sure what would be the best way to get there. I'm thinking of flying to Fayetteville (coming from ny). The only concern is that I don't drive, so I will have to rely on alternate modes of transportation. What would you guys recommend? I was thinking of staying at a hotel closer to the airport for the free shuttle but that hotel would be quite far from the school, I think.
Your best bet is going to be flying into Raleigh - cheaper than Fayetteville as it's a bigger hub and the same distance. Most people I know rented a car for a couple days and stayed at the Microtel that is less than 5 minutes from campus in Lilington. If you don't drive, you could get a taxi. You can get an Uber from Raleigh, but not from Lilington. Campbell is, unfortunately, an hour out from Raleigh and an hour out from Fayetteville, so you're going to have to rely on taxi's either way. I highly recommend you get on that driving if you want to come here. It's a rural area, and you WILL need to drive to get groceries/shop/whatever, even if you end up living 5 minutes walk from the school.

IIRC, it's good. They gave us a presentation on it, but I confess I don't remember. I think it was higher than the national average.

94.1% COMLEX pass rate.
7 people over 700, 23% above 600, 61% above 500.
100% USMLE pass rate. IIRC, ~1/3 of class took USMLE, but that may be a bit off.

Concur with @polylux. Driving is ABSOLUTELY a requirement. You could maybe figure out something with someone else on SDN for your interview if you need a ride during those couple of days, but as a med student there's no way around driving here. And flying into Raleigh is your best bet.

Just recieved secondary app, good luck to all others applying and congratulations to those already accepted

I interviewed here on tuesday, and never received a phone call, is it safe to assume im rejected if not given a phone call?

Has anyone else emailed Joy and not received a response?

Congrats! I just got my II this morning too. Did they give you certain interview dates to choose? My email said that they would contact me later to schedule in the order approved for an interview.

Congrats! I just got my II this morning too. Did they give you certain interview dates to choose? My email said that they would contact me later to schedule in the order approved for an interview.

I'm still waiting to be contacted further. Congrats!

I interviewed here on tuesday, and never received a phone call, is it safe to assume im rejected if not given a phone call?

I interviewed on Tuesday as well and haven't heard anything yet either. I'm getting pretty nervous, definitely loved the school so I am hopeful! Any word on your side?

I also interviewed on Tuesday, and Joy said we'd hear back by the 13th. We might hear earlier, but I wouldn't panic till next week.

I also interviewed on Tuesday, and Joy said we'd hear back by the 13th. We might hear earlier, but I wouldn't panic till next week.

Wow i must have totally missed when they said that, she said that the committe would meet wednesday!

Do the interviews end promptly at 2pm? I'm thinking about a 5:35 RDU departure flight. Idk if that's cutting it too close.

Concur with @polylux. Driving is ABSOLUTELY a requirement. You could maybe figure out something with someone else on SDN for your interview if you need a ride during those couple of days, but as a med student there's no way around driving here. And flying into Raleigh is your best bet.
Thanks! Yeah, I'll have to learn to drive soon. Living in nyc has spoiled me.

Do the interviews end promptly at 2pm? I'm thinking about a 5:35 RDU departure flight. Idk if that's cutting it too close.

We were done right around 1:30 but I don't know if that is how every interview day goes. Honestly, if you rented a car or had a ride set up I think a 5:35 flight would be reasonable but it all depends on your comfort level. I have flown through RDU twice and in my experience you need to be there just over an hour before your flight to comfortably get through security and to your gate. That shouldn't be a problem getting out at 2:00 since the airport is just under an hour away, but its possible I just got lucky both times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
We were done right around 1:30 but I don't know if that is how every interview day goes. Honestly, if you rented a car or had a ride set up I think a 5:35 flight would be reasonable but it all depends on your comfort level. I have flown through RDU twice and in my experience you need to be there just over an hour before your flight to comfortably get through security and to your gate. That shouldn't be a problem getting out at 2:00 since the airport is just under an hour away, but its possible I just got lucky both times.

I have flown through Raleigh atleast 9 times, and you can literally be there like 45 minutes before you flight, security is very quick and easy, and even if you got done at 2:30 which you probably wont (we also go done at 1:30.. i believe we were in the same interview group?), you will be fine!

You're good. I left just before 2 and caught a 3:30 flight. I was pretty much the last to board, but I caught it!

Good Luck to everyone interviewing on Monday. I will be joining you guys/gals for lunch.

Thanks! Yeah, I'll have to learn to drive soon. Living in nyc has spoiled me.

Prepare for a bit of a culture shock :p. There are probably more people in your apartment building than there are in the entirety of Buies Creek!

I'm so excited to interview here! I really want to nail this interview and go to CUSOM. My family lives there, it's a beautiful area, it's part of a great university, mission lines up with my personal goals and ambitions, and the school's religious background resonates with me. If I get an acceptance here I'll gladly withdraw my other apps. A little nervous because I rechecked my AACOMAS GPA calculation for Campbell and it's literally a 3.2 flat. Hopefully the 33 MCAT and my strong upper division coursework help. I'm really concerned about what some have said here about interviewing only to be rejected on the basis of an automatic rule out criteria.

I'm hoping to get my drug screen done Monday so I hope it makes it in time for Campbell's deadline to save my seat. Have those that are matriculating next year started a Facebook group yet?

Will be withdrawing from here. Good luck to all!

Does anyone know about the grocery shopping in the area? Locations/Proximity? Are there any health food stores nearby?

Does anyone know about the grocery shopping in the area? Locations/Proximity? Are there any health food stores nearby?

I just interviwed here, and I thought the area was extremely rural, theres literally nothing to do, i did see a food lion that was close, and a subway, and little shops here in there, but thats it

2x Food Lion in Lillington, Trader Joe's in Cary, Whole Foods in Raleigh, several grocery stores/Walmart in Dunn