Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@polylux How much is a single room close(ish) to campus?
Pretty variable. Depends on what kind of housing you find, if you have a roommate vs a single, etc. I know people who pay as low as upper $300s and then people who pay $800~. Not including utilities. Here are a couple options close to campus:

Campbell Pointe Townhomes: https://winston104.managebuilding.c...es/Home.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Resident/default.aspx
Campus Habitat: http://www.chlillington.com/
Creekside Apartments: http://creeksideapartments-buiescreek.com/Creekside_Apartments/Welcome.html
University Manor Apartments: https://www.facebook.com/University-Manor-Apartments-1560501900843619/

There are also a number of homes for rent that you can find through Craigslist, or rental websites, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew. Hope my interview spot goes to one of you wonderful people!

Reactions: 1 user
They have not contacted me. I decided to call the admission office this morning instead. I told them that I needed to let my manager know ahead of time to take off from work. They were very nice and understanding about my situation. I was able to register for the interview on December 15th.

Lucky. I called that afternoon and was told to wait until Monday. They were very nice about it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much is parking? Or is it included with tuition?
Does it allow us to park on the UG campus to goto the gym + to use the library + et cetera?

Last edited:
How much is parking? Or is it included with tuition?
Does it allow us to park on the UG campus to goto the gym + to use the library + et cetera?
Parking pass is $190 for the year and while it's not technically tuition, it's taken out of your loans the same way tuition is. It allows you to park at most spots on the undergrad campus during the day. As far as I know, no one has had trouble accessing the gym/library/whatever. A number of people go to the gym, I don't know of anyone who goes to the undergrad library though.

Just declined my CUSOM acceptance...hope it goes to one of you guys!

(PS - it was a really hard decision as I really liked this school for any of you out there debating on going here for an interview.)

Just declined my CUSOM acceptance...hope it goes to one of you guys!

(PS - it was a really hard decision as I really liked this school for any of you out there debating on going here for an interview.)
where did you decide to go instead and why???

Members don't see this ad :)
Can a current student comment on this student review? The other two reviews I disregarded based on content (ex: they 5 stared for residency placement when there hasnt been a match yet).

"Terrible school with no adherence to policy and no support system for students to have a second chance. When a medical school decides after 3 months to review students and decide to keep them or dismiss them, that shows inadequacies in planning process. Especially when students aren't warned beforehand and believe that perhaps at a semester (after 6 months ) they would be reviewed. That is completely unprofessional"

http://medical-schools.startclass.c...erry-M-Wallace-School-of-Osteopathic-Medicine

@polylux @TheFuture_22 @ninjaman22

Scheduled for Dec.15! If anyone wants to get some dinner the night before let me know.

Can a current student comment on this student review? The other two reviews I disregarded based on content (ex: they 5 stared for residency placement when there hasnt been a match yet).

"Terrible school with no adherence to policy and no support system for students to have a second chance. When a medical school decides after 3 months to review students and decide to keep them or dismiss them, that shows inadequacies in planning process. Especially when students aren't warned beforehand and believe that perhaps at a semester (after 6 months ) they would be reviewed. That is completely unprofessional"

http://medical-schools.startclass.c...erry-M-Wallace-School-of-Osteopathic-Medicine

If I recall, the same person started a thread at SDN over a year ago back when the incident occurred. I believe he or she is a relative of a student that was dismissed after failing more than 3 classes. The remediation/dismissal policy is spelled out in the student handbook. You can find the old SDN thread to read more about the particulars of the situation as it was presented by the relative of the student who failed out.

As far as I know, the school has been supportive of the students who needed to needed to remediate in my class. I didn't speak in depth with those students so I'm unsure of the details, but they are still progressing with us.

Any tips on finding this thread? Searched threads with CUSOM in title..didn't see anything negative that stands out as the thread you are referencing..
@FutureSunnyDoc

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm fearing rejection.

Accepted. Got the call around 4:30pm. I interviewed on 11/3.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess I'm rejected since no call. =[ I would have loved to attend here

Fell asleep and got a voicemail and email around 5pm that I was accepted!! I interviewed 11/3!! I'm excited this is my 5th acceptance!!! Congrats on ur acceptances everyone!

CUSOM has a great support system in place for students that seek help. This student was in my class, they failed at least 3 classes the first block, were routinely late or didn't show up to class at all, and didn't seek help before failing. Basically did everything that you can't do. They weren't ready for Med school and blamed it on the school.

CUSOM has a great support system in place for students that seek help. This student was in my class, they failed at least 3 classes the first block, were routinely late or didn't show up to class at all, and didn't seek help before failing. Basically did everything that you can't do. They weren't ready for Med school and blamed it on the school.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Seemed like the person failed and was dismissed but wasn't sure.
Very unique name as well. Just curious was it a guy or a girl?

That's what I figured. That story sounds fishy. Plus, very awkward passive aggressive behavior to go online and bash a school after failing.

I don't know anything about this student (probs before my time), so I can't speak to the situation. We've also only completely one block thus far and while one person left already, as far as I know, it was they're own problems, not the school being a jerk.

You are allowed to remediate after every block if you fail a course and speaking with a couple people who went through it after our first block, it's obviously stressful, but the professors hold supplementary lectures and help you study your weak points. Most people don't fail every course, they just fail one and have to do that course over. You do have to go before a committee to explain why you failed and why you won't fail again. They will look at things like your attendance, your student record, any flags you have, etc. If you've missed like 50% of classes, you're going to have a flag on your name, and that obviously doesn't look good for the committee. If you just kind of messed up and are otherwise a good student, you're going to get a second chance, and they are going to help you during that second chance.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Seemed like the person failed and was dismissed but wasn't sure.
Very unique name as well. Just curious was it a guy or a girl?
Why is that of any interest? Just curious...

I don't know anything about this student (probs before my time), so I can't speak to the situation. We've also only completely one block thus far and while one person left already, as far as I know, it was they're own problems, not the school being a jerk.

You are allowed to remediate after every block if you fail a course and speaking with a couple people who went through it after our first block, it's obviously stressful, but the professors hold supplementary lectures and help you study your weak points. Most people don't fail every course, they just fail one and have to do that course over. You do have to go before a committee to explain why you failed and why you won't fail again. They will look at things like your attendance, your student record, any flags you have, etc. If you've missed like 50% of classes, you're going to have a flag on your name, and that obviously doesn't look good for the committee. If you just kind of messed up and are otherwise a good student, you're going to get a second chance, and they are going to help you during that second chance.
What do you mean it was their own problems? Just a really bad student? A student acting inappropriately? et cetera

What do you mean it was their own problems? Just a really bad student? A student acting inappropriately? et cetera
I am not privy to exact details. I believe the student had trouble adjusting to the pace of medical school and was unable to form good social support here to help them through - which is really unfortunate because our class is very, very eager to help. I can literally go up to anyone and ask them a question and get a genuine effort to help from them. I also think that dropping out was their own choice, not pressure from the school, as they left prior to our first finals week and thus prior to any of the remediation process. It is really unfortunate, but things like this happen at every school, and I'm glad they figured out they didn't want to do it before they accumulated any more debt.

Does anyone know Campbell's board score results/pass rate for year 2 of their inaugural class?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken I read on the CUSOM homepage to send the letters directly to the school as well...
Sorry this is like super late, So what about individual letters that we requested on aacomas? Do those count as letters or do we have to send them again to the school?

Just formally accepted Campbell University's offer of admission! Having been accepted to multiple schools, Campbell ultimately rose above the competition for me. I'm excited to be a part of the CUSOM family and can't wait for 2016!

Reactions: 13 users
For those who received a secondary so far, for the LOR section, they ask us to fill out the contact info for their 2 required LORs (1 from physician and 1 from pre-med committee or science prof). I'm a bit confused since I'm using AACOMAS to send them to all the schools so in that case, I'm thinking I should leave this section blank?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but did anybody else have the same problem?
thanks!
If you don't mind my asking, I did the same, I uploaded my letters to aacomas and I guess I am like really late in the application process but for the secondary do I need to send the letters again to the designated school or will these letters count toward my secondary? I am just confused.