Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!! Interviewed on Oct 11th and got the call 2 days later. Interview day went well despite hotel not having power and overall I loved the school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So are you saying that they give you the 3 interviewers contact information after the interview? Possibly as a sort of secret test of your manners?

Hahaha i wouldnt go that far, but they definitely made sure we all had the information we needed for thank you's. But like i said thats probably just my inability to read my own interview talking. It probably wasn't good that I forgot(crazy busy week just lost track of everything), but it probably wasn't the main issue in regards to my rejection. I'm considering asking why though as I'm quite curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Primary App submitted 9/17
AACOMAS Verified 9/29

Still haven't received the secondary request/invite today 10/16/2016
I'm really wanting to go here. I've got a friend who's in and loves it.

Members don't see this ad :)
just received the official acceptance card via snail mail (complete with med-themed confetti!) and tshirt!!

so ridiculously impressed with the thought and care put into these seemingly-small details. what school even does this?!

Reactions: 3 users
Primary App submitted 9/17
AACOMAS Verified 9/29

Still haven't received the secondary request/invite today 10/16/2016
I'm really wanting to go here. I've got a friend who's in and loves it.

I was verified on 8/17 and didn't get a secondary till 9/12. And after the secondary is another long wait. I still haven't heard anything. :(

they waited for my sept. mcat to send me a secondary, scores are posted and updated on my AACOMAS app for the past 5 days - should I call?

Hahaha i wouldnt go that far, but they definitely made sure we all had the information we needed for thank you's. But like i said thats probably just my inability to read my own interview talking. It probably wasn't good that I forgot(crazy busy week just lost track of everything), but it probably wasn't the main issue in regards to my rejection. I'm considering asking why though as I'm quite curious

Yeah I know I was reaching haha

Anyways, good luck with the rest of this cycle. It is still super early.

Just an interesting fact here, I called all the schools I applied to yesterday. The only school that actually connected me with a real person (a person in a good mood none the less) was Campbell... everywhere else I got a voicemail.

Really hoping for a positive outcome for this application lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Just an interesting fact here, I called all the schools I applied to yesterday. The only school that actually connected me with a real person (a person in a good mood none the less) was Campbell... everywhere else I got a voicemail.

Really hoping for a positive outcome for this application lol.
Trust me, the staff are the nicest people you'll meet and they actually care about every applicant.

Hi all!! I will be interviewing at this school soon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which hotel to stay at? And if any hotels offered a free shuttle to the school?

Hi all!! I will be interviewing at this school soon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which hotel to stay at? And if any hotels offered a free shuttle to the school?

Stay at the Microtel. It's a mile away from campus, but the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and apparently they will be backed up until next week because some of the staff are out of town. If you don't have great scores you're going to be waiting until the rest of the committee returns, like me.

Stay at the Microtel. It's a mile away from campus, but the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle.
Thanks, I was thinking of staying there, because its close to the school, however, I don't want to have to worry about finding a ride to the school in the morning... Does anyone know if any hotel offers a shuttle to the school?

Anyone have tips for the interview? I interview on Tuesday

how long does it take to hear back after submitting secondary?

how long does it take to hear back after submitting secondary?

3-4 weeks for a follow up email, then it went silent. I actually called and was told i was missing something from my App. They just hadn't had the time to update me about it yet. Working on that issue now... :confused:

I really enjoyed the interview today 10/25! I hope we hear back this Friday but they said we can hear back as late as Nov. 4th

Interviewed here today and really loved it! Their simulation lab is amazing!! Everyone was so nice and talking to the first and second year students was so helpful! I really like their integrated testing where they combine all the classes for tests every two to three weeks. They also mentioned that there are quizzes every Friday on the material learned that week and it's a good way to make sure students stay on top of the material.

There are three one-on-one interviews. All of the interviewers were very nice and conversational. Make sure you know your application really well as they will have it right in front of them.

They really do a great job with the whole interview day. I think there were about 13 or 14 people that interviewed today.

Reactions: 4 users
I got a call from here yesterday that I'm assuming is an II. I've been accepted to my in-state school, so I probably would not attend here if accepted and I don't want to take someone else's interview spot, but I've heard soo many good things about this school and really just can't decide if I should go. Any advice?

I got a call from here yesterday that I'm assuming is an II. I've been accepted to my in-state school, so I probably would not attend here if accepted and I don't want to take someone else's interview spot, but I've heard soo many good things about this school and really just can't decide if I should go. Any advice?

If you have the money then you should go for it. However, if you do not see yourself at CUSOM over the in-state school you got into then I wouldn't go because someone else would be very grateful for your interview slot.

If you have the money then you should go for it. However, if you do not see yourself at CUSOM over the in-state school you got into then I wouldn't go because someone else would be very grateful for your interview slot.
Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to withdraw my application. I love NC and was so excited to interview here, but it's a 6 hour drive and the cost of a hotel that would likely be wasted whereas someone else who gets my spot may ultimately decide to go here.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to withdraw my application. I love NC and was so excited to interview here, but it's a 6 hour drive and the cost of a hotel that would likely be wasted whereas someone else who gets my spot may ultimately decide to go here.

Very nice! Good luck!

Accepted! Interviewed 10/17.

Has anyone received news regarding scholarship? I think they tell you before you make the deposit but I don't want to deposit at the very last week that it's due in case they decide these things in spring or something. Though, I remember them telling that it was during the time when deposits are due.

I was accepted on 9/30 and they have not emailed me regarding scholarship decisions. From my understanding, they wait until they have the majority of the class filled before they decide who to offer scholarships to.

Has anyone received news regarding scholarship? I think they tell you before you make the deposit but I don't want to deposit at the very last week that it's due in case they decide these things in spring or something. Though, I remember them telling that it was during the time when deposits are due.

I asked this question before and the admissions director said that there is only one person that screens for scholarship eligibility, so it may take a long time since she gets backed up as more people get accepted (plus her other job responsibilities). Director said that it is not a guarantee that you will be notified if you are eligible for a scholarship before the down deposit is due. :(

I asked this question before and the admissions director said that there is only one person that screens for scholarship eligibility, so it may take a long time since she gets backed up as more people get accepted (plus her other job responsibilities). Director said that it is not a guarantee that you will be notified if you are eligible for a scholarship before the down deposit is due. :(
Ah ok cause they mentioned they will let us know but I am sure that the responsibility is heavy at the moment. Regardless, I would consider putting the deposit in time then just in order to see how the match goes in march.

I was invited to submit an essay for the scholarship. The deadline given for submitting the scholarship essay was after my deadline for making the deposit...so you probably have to make your decision without knowing whether you get the scholarship or not. I have not heard anything since submitting the essay.

Last edited:
Do they have scholarships throughout the cycle or is it only offered to those people who are accepted early? I interview 11/8

I was invited to submit an essay for the scholarship. The deadline given for submitting the scholarship essay was after my deadline for making the deposit...so you probably have to make your decision without knowing whether you get the scholarship or not. I have not heard anything since submitting the essay.

Good information. Thank you.

just received the official acceptance card via snail mail (complete with med-themed confetti!) and tshirt!!

so ridiculously impressed with the thought and care put into these seemingly-small details. what school even does this?!
How long did it take for you to receive the acceptance package via mail? I got the acceptance through phone and email, but have yet to receive the mail.

How long did it take for you to receive the acceptance package via mail? I got the acceptance through phone and email, but have yet to receive the mail.
it was about 2 weeks. I received the acceptance email 9/30 and the snail mail version ~10/16.
I didn't check my mail for a few days before that though, so it could have come a bit earlier.

it was about 2 weeks. I received the acceptance email 9/30 and the snail mail version ~10/16.
I didn't check my mail for a few days before that though, so it could have come a bit earlier.
Does the tshirt come with the snail mail regardless of deposit or should we send the deposit as well?

Does the tshirt come with the snail mail regardless of deposit or should we send the deposit as well?

with the acceptance letter regardless of deposit!

Nice meeting some of you today, really hope they let us know by Friday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using SDN mobile

Guys does anyone know what avg complex and usmle here has been? I think everyone said it was good but Noone gave numerics.
Also the fact that cusom takes ppl from all across the country, I'm guessing their residency considerations will not be specific to nc.

Guys does anyone know what avg complex and usmle here has been? I think everyone said it was good but Noone gave numerics.
Also the fact that cusom takes ppl from all across the country, I'm guessing their residency considerations will not be specific to nc.

I can't recall off the top of my head, but it was good/above average. The ast. dean tells you in the welcoming address on interview day.

Accepted just now by email! I interviewed on 10/25!