Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you get a confirmation email after submitting your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-secondary hold for indept review as well

I am kind of confused on their screening criteria. I received a secondary with a lower MCAT score than the others who got holds. Only difference is GPA, but it doesn't make sense

Presecondary denial just came in

Wow that was a blow to my ego lol

I thought this school favored SE region applicants

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

WTF that makes no sense! Did you get a hold email first, or just the rejection?

Hold email week ago lol

The mission statement is so generic too it's not like they are missions driven either.

Oh well that's why we apply broadly even with good numbers

Reactions: 1 user
Hold email week ago lol

The mission statement is so generic too it's not like they are missions driven either.

The axe is coming for me this week, I'm sure!

probably i'm waiting on the same thing too...

Hold email week ago lol

Maybe some insight: their mission statement is very generic but there secondary seems really focused on mission medicine.

I wouldn't be discouraged guys! I've seen all of you on other threads already getting some love!

Do you know specifically why this happened? I know of students with lesser stats than yours who got in. I'm completely dumbfounded you didn't get a secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know specifically why this happened? I know of students with lesser stats than yours who got in. I'm completely dumbfounded you didn't get a secondary

Not terribly shocked I have in IA from 2011. Some schools will be willing to give me chance and understand my reinvention and others like this one won't.

Sometimes admissions won't make sense and thats why we apply broadly :)

Reactions: 1 users
Not terribly shocked I have in IA from 2011. Some schools will be willing to give me chance and understand my reinvention and others like this one won't.

You'll definitely get in somewhere, your stats are well above the average DO matriculant. Best of luck on the rest!

I'm still on hold for in-depth review. I'm really hoping for a secondary, but I see the pre-secondary rejection as a kindness. At least they won't be taking my money knowing that they don't intend to interview me. It'll sting, but not nearly as much as the rejection that waits just long enough for that secondary payment to clear.

I'm still on hold for in-depth review. I'm really hoping for a secondary, but I see the pre-secondary rejection as a kindness. At least they won't be taking my money knowing that they don't intend to interview me. It'll sting, but not nearly as much as the rejection that waits just long enough for that secondary payment to clear.

Do you know why they're doing that? Your gpa and mcat look excellent

I'm just confused with their admissions process this year

got this today "Thank you for submitting an initial application through AACOMAS to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next three weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you by e-mail regarding the status of your application at that time."

got this today "Thank you for submitting an initial application through AACOMAS to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next three weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you by e-mail regarding the status of your application at that time."

I also received this exact letter today.

I received that email late June and got a secondary 2 days later.

Just notified via email I am pre-secondary hold :meh:

"Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks."

They aren't kidding around this year lol i figured my stats would least get me a secondary.

I received an email saying that my stats would be reviewed in the next 3 weeks.Is this the one you were talking about? It didnt say anything about an in-depth review. I think I will make it at least to secondaries, as my GPA is at the matriculant average for DO and my MCAT should be at a 505+ after my scores come back next week.

Yeah lol that'll do it. Good luck on your other schools though!

I recieved that Thursday when i got verified. I am assuming it is because I am waiting on my MCAT scores. The rest of my app is pretty solid, average GPA for matriculants, good ECs, Leadership, Research, the works. Heres hoping we get secondary invites!

Questions from last year. Hopefully they do not change too much.

1. What five qualities do you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities meet the CUSOM mission?

2. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

3. Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years? If so, to what medical school(s) did you apply, and what improvements have you made to your application? Have you ever applied to CUSOM?

4. Have you ever been enrolled in a medical school? Yes No If YES, where and when?

Thank you so much! How long should the length of these answers be?

Complete email received this morning!

How long did it take after "Please be advised that your secondary application and application fee have been received by Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. You can expect an updated status in the near future once your complete application has been verified." email did you get the application complete email?

How long did it take after "Please be advised that your secondary application and application fee have been received by Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. You can expect an updated status in the near future once your complete application has been verified." email did you get the application complete email?

It took 1 week after receiving that first email.

Finally a secondary. Just have a hold prior to this too.

Do we have the character lengths and essays forth the 2017 cycle?

Submit my secondary on 7/11, received complete email 7/19 - If anyone is wondering how long it takes to become complete.

Do we have the character lengths and essays forth the 2017 cycle?
Character lengths are 2000, or approx 300 words. @WedgeDawg
I didn't have to complete 3 and 4, but I am pretty sure they are the same as last year: Can anyone confirm?

1.*What five qualities do you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities meet the CUSOM mission?
2. *Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?
3. Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years? If so, to what medical school(s) did you apply, and what improvements have you made to your application? Have you ever applied to CUSOM?
4. Have you ever been enrolled in a medical school? Yes No If YES, where and when?

Character lengths are 2000, or approx 300 words. @WedgeDawg
I didn't have to complete 3 and 4, but I am pretty sure they are the same as last year: Can anyone confirm?

1.*What five qualities do you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities meet the CUSOM mission?
2. *Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

confirmed. it's 2000 characters

Sorry! I meant are questions 3 and 4 the same from last year? I can't access my secondary anymore.
CUSOM is big on Mission Medicine right? can someone explain to me what this is? The school looks good and I don't want to make an ass of myself by BSing my way around their Mission Statement

"We would like to inform you that your file is now complete and ready for final review with the Admissions Committee. After the committee has reviewed your secondary application and supplemental materials, we will follow up with you regarding your new status. Please allow us up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your next status."

I received this email on Monday. Did anyone else get this?

"We would like to inform you that your file is now complete and ready for final review with the Admissions Committee. After the committee has reviewed your secondary application and supplemental materials, we will follow up with you regarding your new status. Please allow us up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your next status."

I received this email on Monday. Did anyone else get this?

did you get this after the "we have received your secondary. please allow 2-3 weeks for your file to be completed" (or something along those lines) email?

did you get this after the "we have received your secondary. please allow 2-3 weeks for your file to be completed" (or something along those lines) email?

Great question.

I received this email, "Please be advised that your secondary application and application fee have been received by Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. You can expect an updated status in the near future once your complete application has been verified." on July 8th.

Then the previous one on July 18th.

Great question.

I received this email, "Please be advised that your secondary application and application fee have been received by Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. You can expect an updated status in the near future once your complete application has been verified." on July 8th.

Then the previous one on July 18th.

ohh okay! I received the secondary and fee received email just yesterday, so I guess it'll be a week or so before maybe receiving the complete email.

exciting waiting game, isn't it?

Does Campbell accept the recommendation letters from AACOMAS? All I see here is interfolio and VirtualEvals...why did I decide to do this on a Saturday...