Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats. I'm still waiting
I hope you get one!!! It would be cool to meet up again if we end up interviewing on the same day, maybe even carpooling together to split the cost, anyways best of luck buddy!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Riles I submitted my secondary on July 8th. Application was complete on July 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II, by email today. I was complete around 7/25.
I picked August 30th, the days they are offering are kind of sucky. I really didn't want to get a hotel. If anyone wants to recommend a good place to stay let me know! Or if anyone is driving/renting a car and wants to carpool!

Today was officially 3 weeks since complete and in their email it said to allow them up to 3 weeks to make a decision on my app. Haven't heard anything. Did anyone wait longer than the 3 weeks to hear about an II?

Today was officially 3 weeks since complete and in their email it said to allow them up to 3 weeks to make a decision on my app. Haven't heard anything. Did anyone wait longer than the 3 weeks to hear about an II?

Same to me. still nothing beside a completed email

Anyone's interview on August 22th????

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey, have you heard back yet?

II this morning via phone. So thankful!
lnguyen and cjcarter, any luck yet?

Finally submitted secondary. Hopefully I'm not too late in the game!

Do they screen pretty hard for their secondary? Like does me receiving a secondary mean that I have a decent chance at getting an II?

Got so lucky with this interview. Turns out I have a family member I haven't seen since I was a child who lives an hour away from CUSOM and they are gunna let me crash there for my interview.

Got so lucky with this interview. Turns out I have a family member I haven't seen since I was a child who lives an hour away from CUSOM and they are gunna let me crash there for my interview.
Nope. Nothing lol

Welp application on hold post-secondary

Congrats on those who got IIs!

bleh, got rejected pre secondary... no love from campbell :(

Anybody have the interview yet??? Mine is on August 22. It's my first one and I my nerves are starting to get to me.

bleh, got rejected pre secondary... no love from campbell :(
Mind sharing your stats? You can PM if you'd like. thanks.

Have a 3.19 science GPA...I know they want 3.2 minimum so idk if I should waste the $40 dollars if it's an auto-reject

See signature. 3.9 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA, 4.0 gGPA. 499 mcat

Good luck people. :) Current student here, let me know if you have questions.

Good luck people. :) Current student here, let me know if you have questions.
Thank you! What is the schedule like? I think someone had posted one in the past but can't find it anymore. Are you in class/lab from 8-5? Do you have enough time to study AND have time for family/friends?

Does anyone know how many people they typically interview? I think I saw that they aim for 150 seats each year but couldn't find the number of interviews granted.

They told us on interview day that first year lecture was from about 8-12ish, and labs are either 1-3 or 3-5 depending on what group you're in. I can't remember the exact times, but it's approx 8-5 or 8-3 depending on your lab group.

Btw - Loved interview day! They had some pretty awesome stuff to offer to their students, and everyone was super friendly. :pGood luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
They told us on interview day that first year lecture was from about 8-12ish, and labs are either 1-3 or 3-5 depending on what group you're in. I can't remember the exact times, but it's approx 8-5 or 8-3 depending on your lab group.

Btw - Loved interview day! They had some pretty awesome stuff to offer to their students, and everyone was super friendly. :pGood luck everyone!
Thank you :)

Usually how long does it take this school to send out their secondary after primary submission?

This is about right.

MS-II year is more open, because you no longer have anatomy, and you start at 8:30.

You definitely have time for family and your own things, if you manage your time well. Many students in our class have children and probably over 60% of the class has a long-term significant other, many married.

Reactions: 1 users
Usually how long does it take this school to send out their secondary after primary submission?

They do a significant pre-screen, so i was verified the first week of July, and received my secondary last Monday

Anybody have the interview yet??? Mine is on August 22. It's my first one and I my nerves are starting to get to me.

The interviews were very chill, there is absolutely no need to be nervous. Both the staff and the interviewers were very friendly. Of course every interviewers asks different questions, but and they mostly asked about general things like why this school, why you, an experience from your activities that you remember etc.. Although I would suggest to prepare questions to ask the interviewers, like 2 or 3, because they will ask you if you have any questions for them. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
@rfalrifa thanks for the response! And the tips! Luckily I was able to schedule a mock interview for this week. I am hoping that it calms my nerves.

I would have to agree with rfalrifa completely. Everyone at the school was fantastic to interact with, and they truly made you feel welcome throughout the whole day. As others mentioned, it was very laid back but I would also suggest preparing several good quality questions that you can ask the interviewers. I was very impressed by my experience here. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users