Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No this question is geared towards reapplicants. I just said this is my first time applying or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Word, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

wow that's pretty nice actually. I do have another question. I was just curious if you could comment on their research facilities? I am deeply interested in research, preferably cancer based, and wanted to know if they had developed research facilities.
Most of us students who are more hard core about research have found opportunity elsewhere, such as UNC, Duke, or other institutions. There is research that occurs here, mostly in conjunction with the school of pharmacy. There have been a few papers that have come out of Campbell already, but pretty much all molecular wet lab stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
To those who have already been accepted, was your physician letter of recommendation from a DO or MD? Their website says DO is obviously preferred, but I'm wondering how much they take that into consideration. Thank you in advance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have already been accepted, was your physician letter of recommendation from a DO or MD? Their website says DO is obviously preferred, but I'm wondering how much they take that into consideration. Thank you in advance!!

I had a DO LOR.

II this morning!
completed 7/28, scheduled for 9/27.

I only had an MD letter and I was accepted.

Cancelling my interview here. Hope someone get the spot. Have a great cycle

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still waiting for that email with the link to make the deposit and background check.

Members don't see this ad :)
You going to ACOM? LMAO You application cycle is legit! Got in, made a deposit and now you just chill for the rest... Unless you want another school.

I have no financial assistance for others interview haha. But yes, I'm going to go to ACOM

Got the official acceptance letter today in my mailbox.

But still no link to make the deposit or background check.

Reactions: 2 users
Yup in the same boat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

I think I'll contact CUSOM if I don't get the link by Wednesday.

I just need to make sure my seat is confirmed and I have enough time to do everything in the next month or so.

I think I'll contact CUSOM if I don't get the link by Wednesday.

I just need to make sure my seat is confirmed and I have enough time to do everything in the next month or so.
Let us know what they say!

For the people that got accepted and waiting for the link for the deposit, the admissions coordinator told us, that interviewed yesterday that the website for accepted students is currently for the last class (entering 2016). They are still working on updating it for the new class (entering 2017). So it might take some time before it's updated.

Just got an II invite for September 13th! For those who've gone through the process, did you fly/drive and where did you stay? (I'm OOS).

How much time elapsed between the "Secondary complete, review started" email and the II?

Just got an II invite for September 13th! For those who've gone through the process, did you fly/drive and where did you stay? (I'm OOS).
I stayed in a Super 8 in Garner (near fuquay varina) which was in between Campbell (35 mins) and Raleigh (25-30 mins) since I wanted to check out the city. There are def. much closer places to stay tho - Like the Microtel Inn in Lillington.

I am still waiting on the secondary....

So I do have a question, after getting accepted I will have to put a deposit by Oct 15, well what if I am still waiting for other schools that are my top choices by that time. do I still deposit or what other options do I have?

You either make the deposit to save your seat or you lose it. If this is your only acceptance I would make the deposit just to be safe if you don't hear back from any other schools by then.

Secondary just now. Finally some action! Slow couple of weeks...

Reactions: 3 users
How much time elapsed between the "Secondary complete, review started" email and the II?
I had my secondary complete and was just waiting on my DO LOR for about a month. The next day I got the "secondary complete" email and 2 days later I got the II. They seem to be processing applications pretty quickly!

I had my secondary complete and was just waiting on my DO LOR for about a month. The next day I got the "secondary complete" email and 2 days later I got the II. They seem to be processing applications pretty quickly!

I've been complete for 4 days, two work days. Hopefully I will get one soon!

For those who interviewed today it was great to meet you guys! You all seem awesome, I hope we all get in !

Hello all! Do you guys think it's too late to apply? I just submitted my application today...

Did you guys have to bring anything particular to your interview (other than like and ID or something)? Any other tips for the interview?

For the people that got accepted and waiting for the link for the deposit, the admissions coordinator told us, that interviewed yesterday that the website for accepted students is currently for the last class (entering 2016). They are still working on updating it for the new class (entering 2017). So it might take some time before it's updated.

Whew, hopefully it's updated soon.

Hello all! Do you guys think it's too late to apply? I just submitted my application today...

No, it is not too late to apply (trust me, I submitted wayyyyyyyyy later than you, and I'm currently in my first block at CUSOM). :)

For those who have already been accepted, how long did it take from the day you were interviewed to the day you got the acceptance call? I was interviewed this past Tuesday, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear back...

For those who have already been accepted, how long did it take from the day you were interviewed to the day you got the acceptance call? I was interviewed this past Tuesday, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear back...
They meet on Wednesday as an admissions committee to review all apps , they told me that same Wednesday. But you'll know latest this Friday

They meet on Wednesday as an admissions committee to review all apps , they told me that same Wednesday. But you'll know latest this Friday

That's what they told us too. I'm getting nervous :/ what day of the week was your interview?