Campbell vs South University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherry87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm in urgent need of help right now in deciding to pick whether Campbell University (CU) at North Carolina vs South University (SC)..

I know that CU requires PCAT while SC doesn't. Well, I'm from PA and I never have been travel to either these states before or have any understanding about these 2 schools.
So I would love to know about which one is the better choice and which one is easier to get in.
I have an average GPA sore of 3.85, some pharmacy tech experience, voluntary in the community...but low PCAT because of the English part.

Also, I will apply to 2 other schools like Temple University and Pittsburg University, too.
Any replies are highly appreciate.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am a current student at South University. Have you done just the prereq's or do you plan on having a BS before classes begin? How do you do with accelerated courses? Have you ever taken "distance learning" classes? South is intense, and its very fast paced. You have to make sure you are prepared when you walk in Day 1. I don't know anything about Campbell University, so I can't provide any comparison. I can answer any questions you have about South, specifically. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your detailed explanation. So SC offers an accelerated program instead of normal 4 years program? I normally took 16-20 credits classes, but I'm not sure how differences between to the pre-pharmacy vs pharmacy. Well, I will transfer without a BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your detailed explanation. So SC offers an accelerated program instead of normal 4 years program? I normally took 16-20 credits classes, but I'm not sure how differences between to the pre-pharmacy vs pharmacy. Well, I will transfer without a BS.

At South we take 18 credits per quarter (10 weeks). The classes can't be fairly compared to undergrad courses. I would say its a good idea to take Biochem and Microbio before starting. You HAVE to be strong in A&P for Patho.

At South we take 18 credits per quarter (10 weeks). The classes can't be fairly compared to undergrad courses. I would say its a good idea to take Biochem and Microbio before starting. You HAVE to be strong in A&P for Patho.
Thank you.
Finally I decided to apply to Campbell , Temple, and Pittsburg. Hopefully to get in either 1 of these school.
Thanks again for your info.