Campbell's Biology Substitute?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these powerpoints? If not, could somebody who has used Campbell's take a look and let me know how closely they correlate with the text? Thanks in advance!

http://www.course-notes.org/Biology/Slides/Campbells_Biology_7th_Edition

I used these in high school, they're pretty useful for reviewing the Campbell's material.

I don't recommend anyone to actually go through and read the entire Campbell's textbook to study for the Bio section of the DAT, so these would be a fair substitute. Combine them with Cliffs + Barron's + Destroyer and you should be set.

Okay great, thanks! So, is Barron's necessary if I already have these, Cliffs, Chad's, and Destroyer supplemented with my Biology textbook?

Okay great, thanks! So, is Barron's necessary if I already have these, Cliffs, Chad's, and Destroyer supplemented with my Biology textbook?

I personally didn't use Barron's for the DAT but I've heard only good things about it, so it's probably worth the investment. The other three resources were severely lacking in a few anatomy sections but I'm guessing these notes might be able to plug a few of those holes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used these in high school, they're pretty useful for reviewing the Campbell's material.

I don't recommend anyone to actually go through and read the entire Campbell's textbook to study for the Bio section of the DAT, so these would be a fair substitute. Combine them with Cliffs + Barron's + Destroyer and you should be set.

yeah I was going to ask if it is really necessary to read a 900+ page bio book to study for the DAT. Did anyone find the campbell's material overrated in their studies. I think I might just stick with Destroyer + Cliffs + Barrons (is Kaplan useful too?)