Can a Docotr/Physician be an Expat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigrane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ever since we moved to the United States, I've wanted to return to my home country, France. Now my father was an expat for Apple and he asked to be transferred because he liked it here. Now I was wondering if I could be moved if I was a doctor to France. It seems a bit weird since when you transfer, you stay in the same company, but just by chance there is a way, I'm asking anyway. I have duel-citizenship, I've always have, so that's not a problem, I speak perfect/fluent French and I know my way around well. If you can not be an expat, what is the process of becoming a doctor in France coming from the U.S.A? Thank you everyone

-Luke

Members don't see this ad.

Ever since we moved to the United States, I've wanted to return to my home country, France. Now my father was an expat for Apple and he asked to be transferred because he liked it here. Now I was wondering if I could be moved if I was a doctor to France. It seems a bit weird since when you transfer, you stay in the same company, but just by chance there is a way, I'm asking anyway. I have duel-citizenship, I've always have, so that's not a problem, I speak perfect/fluent French and I know my way around well. If you can not be an expat, what is the process of becoming a doctor in France coming from the U.S.A? Thank you everyone

-Luke

I don't think you can. Mostly because healthcare systems are very regulated. You can in some emerging countries like China. Maybe Dubai, Saudi Arabia countries with private healthcare. I don't think France would allow it, but you can check.