Can anyone help bring back usmlesteponewiki.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hhuhhh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://usmlesteponewiki.com
I'm unaware of how popular this site was, but I loved how easy it was to search a topic and get a quick snapshot of important buzzwords and key features just to confirm memory or get a feeling of what was most important for a certain condition/process/etc. It went down a couple weeks ago because its domain expired, and I can't find any way to contact the people who might be able to renew it (heck, I would be willing to chip in the bucks to get this website back up and running again).

This is probably a long-shot, but I guess it would still be cool to see how many other people used this site :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It costs money to renew this domain, but only the person with the GoDaddy account that originally hosted this site has the privilege to renew it. That's why I'm still on the hunt!

Bump. I found out that you can hire a broker that will contact the owner of the domain to make an offer to buy the domain. If people wanted to pitch in some money, we could pay for the broker service, and just use it as a means to make contact with the owner. Anyone in?

Actually - update, I did find owner info and am in the process of contacting now... will post update if I make any headway with this.

Turns out there is this really great place, where people have shared their ideas and experiences, and compiled high yield notes which some would say is probably the most useful thing you can use for the boards, and over 99% of students do.

It's called First Aid.

Turns out there is this really great place, where people have shared their ideas and experiences, and compiled high yield notes which some would say is probably the most useful thing you can use for the boards, and over 99% of students do.

It's called First Aid.

Actually, I'd be interested to know the percentage of students who do and don't use FA.

Actually, I'd be interested to know the percentage of students who do and don't use FA.
The next person I meet who doesn't use FA will be the first. I'd be interested to know how many students use the current year versus the previous year (ie I'm using 2013, because that's what I studied with during second year)

The next person I meet who doesn't use FA will be the first. I'd be interested to know how many students use the current year versus the previous year (ie I'm using 2013, because that's what I studied with during second year)
50/50

I'm still with 2013, But I have annotated my copy since December of 2013... (and corrected everything as the errata came out)

Have the PDF version of 2014 I use to word search a lot, if I see an entry that is new, I just annotate it into 2013, which also helps me flat out memorize it, cause I have to write it down.
Sometimes if it a whole new big table, I just print it out and add it to my copy.

Best way to do it IMO.

Actually - update, I did find owner info and am in the process of contacting now... will post update if I make any headway with this.
Nice! I'm guessing it's someone (or some people) that started residency and just got too busy to keep it up or lost interest entirely. I'll be crossing my fingers for an update :)

Honestly I can't understand why anyone doesn't use first aid. I mean I just read a cardio physiology chapter from BRS. I read it once and then I read First Aid. Without First Aid even if I had read the chapter 3 times I wouldn't have understood it as well as I did with First Aid. Not using first aid=shooting yourself in foot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly I can't understand why anyone doesn't use first aid. I mean I just read a cardio physiology chapter from BRS. I read it once and then I read First Aid. Without First Aid even if I had read the chapter 3 times I wouldn't have understood it as well as I did with First Aid. Not using first aid=shooting yourself in foot.

One word - Lilly.

I'm using 2012 because I already have it and don't feel as if the test has changed much in two years.

Does anyone know if the owner of the site was every contacted or any alternative sites? I miss this wiki....