Can anyone review my resume for shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlfonsTheGuru

Surgeons aren't what they used to be.
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to e-mail around 20 physicians in an attempt to shadow. I feel like my resume is sort of cringe worthy, but maybe I'm just being silly.

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of someone having to provide a resume when requesting to shadow. If you're cold-emailing physicians, then having a stellar resume isn't a big deal and I'd doubt that they'd even use it to decide whether or not to let you shadow. As long as you think your resume's fine, then it probably is.

I am currently seeking shadowing opportunities and I included my resume in all of the emails I sent out. I thought it was a good idea mainly so that doctors could get a feel for who I am and whether or not I was serious. In some of the responses I've received, it is obvious it was never looked at... but in some other responses, it was obvious that physicians agreed to meet with me based on my past experiences (obviously listed in my resume).

So, YES I would include it, but don't get too stressed about the quality/detail. They will probably just skim it... if anything they may want to see where you go to school, when you will graduate for age purposes (or if you already graduated), what you're currently up to, etc.