Can anyone take a look at my update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DenTony11235

I've called all the schools I applied to. Some said they were receptive to update letters. So I decided to draft a letter that both updates, and re-expresses my interest to go to the school.

It's a short three paragraphs; would someone take a look please?

Members don't see this ad.

English tutor here. I hope there's no semicolons in it. But yeah I'll look if you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeouch, that bites. I used it wrong; haven't I?

PMing now.
Most people do use them wrong, yes. It is the rarest of all punctuation, yet I see papers with like ~4 semicolons per page. That's a weird ratio and isn't consistent with its purpose. Basically, there is no situation in which you need a semicolon to be correct, it is stylistic choice. Perhaps the only exception would be for complicated lists, but people never use it for that. Anyways, I just think it makes people look pseudo-intellectual, especially when combined with errors in fundamentals like grammar and syntax.

Most people do use them wrong, yes. It is the rarest of all punctuation, yet I see papers with like ~4 semicolons per page. That's a weird ratio and isn't consistent with its purpose. Basically, there is no situation in which you need a semicolon to be correct, it is stylistic choice. Perhaps the only exception would be for complicated lists, but people never use it for that. Anyways, I just think it makes people look pseudo-intellectual, especially when combined with errors in fundamentals like grammar and syntax.

I see. Well good thing there exist people out there that were willing to proofread papers holding weight over my future. Gracias!