Can CVS/WAGs offersheet deadlines be extended?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonvox

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So one of my top offers is killing me because the deadline is coming up soon, and its way earlier than any other deadline I've gotten.

Anyone know if DM's would ever be willing to extend it, i.e. if you're still going to be interviewing in other districts WITHIN THE SAME COMPANY?

A lot of my decision-making depends on location, and I still need to wait on some things before I know where I'll want to live... so I don't think it would be unreasonable to extend the deadline.

Would it be fair to ask a DM for that? Would they buy it?

Let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

dude I mean extend the deadline by which I have to sign an offer before it gets rescinded, not extend my contract with the company.

BTW, who do you work for that ensures such an enduringly high QOL and generous benefits, tiers above the major chains?

Members don't see this ad :)
talk with your Dm. Sit down, have a cup of coffee. Whatever the offer is, you can probably get more + the bonus. Make sure the bonus is only for one year, and specifies your location.

dude I mean extend the deadline by which I have to sign an offer before it gets rescinded, not extend my contract with the company.

BTW, who do you work for that ensures such an enduringly high QOL and generous benefits, tiers above the major chains?

Trust me, I work for Walgreens for over 6 years now and all those so call good benefits will go towards your stress leave and anxiety/stress medications :) High QOL?? I don't know where you work at but there is no high QOL in Walgreens.

i have offers from both

both expire in february

but i talked to both recruiters and they said they can extend the offer if i havent made a decision by then

im still holding out for target to extend an offer

and i have an interview at walmart later this month

keeping the options open before i jump into a contract

So... after 6 years why haven't you gone somewhere else?

Why have you been doing exactly what you think makes no sense for 6 years?

(BTW i know CVS & WAGs have woeful benefits... my sarcastic implication was that he thinks his unspecified employer is tiers above, not that CVS or WAGs is)

thanks jawnly,

sounds good.

my only negotiation handicap might be that i'm dealing with one of the few areas in the country that DON'T need more pharmacists.

i'll see how it goes.

So... after 6 years why haven't you gone somewhere else?

Why have you been doing exactly what you think makes no sense for 6 years?

(BTW i know CVS & WAGs have woeful benefits... my sarcastic implication was that he thinks his unspecified employer is tiers above, not that CVS or WAGs is)

I'm brother... If you are 3 to 4 years in, you are better off wait till the 6th year when you are 100% vested, otherwise you lose everything you put into the company. I am looking and when I do, I'll get to transfer everything I invested in WAG.

thanks jawnly,

sounds good.

my only negotiation handicap might be that i'm dealing with one of the few areas in the country that DON'T need more pharmacists.

i'll see how it goes.

If they offer you a bonus, then by no means is there a pharmacist shortage in your area in my opinion.

Go for the grocery store dude. Although they are even starting to suck. Everyone can't escape the low reimbursement and Medicare Part D(isaster) mess. I do believe Walgreens and CVS will always find a way to be a little worse than the rest.

the problem with grocery stores is you can't get night-shift, which means you can't get every other week off.

this probably doesn't apply for most ppl, but for a night person like myself, half the year at CVS/WAGs still beats a full year at a grocery store.

The deadline is a joke, a trick they use to get soon to be new grads to sign up so they, the recruiters get the numbers they need. With recruitement, it's all about the numbers.

Tell them you aren't signing a contract and if you wanted one, you would join the military. If the company is so great, they don't need contracts to try to trick you into staying on. Tell them you are there to talk about a job, not a contract.

Wait until you graduate and get your license, then call up whoever you choose to work for and you won't have to play any of these games.

You don't need a contract to work for any retail chain and they damn well know it.

A recruiter is just a barrier between you and the job.

the chains often try to screw new grads with contracts...

when I was looking around, CVStress offered me nothing upfront and no contract. however, the position was in a brand new store and I was assured of the location.

on the other hand, I spoke to a new grad that signed with them early (didn't catch the length of contract). I believe they gave her 5k upfront and another 8k upon getting her license, but she did not have a clue where her store was going to be. sounds like a floater with a 100 mile area to me.

so they offered me (licensed already with 5+yrs high volume experience) nothing and gave her 13k upfront. why? because they knew they could screw her over and she'd fall for it. and once she is under contact she is their bitch.

be smart guys....make as much as you can but don't get hooked into a terrible situation.

btw, I recently went to a grocery store. Best move I ever made. I do a 1/3 of the volume and make more than I was making at Fright Aid. go figure...