can DO's become surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asdasd12345

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want to be a surgeon. can you go to DO school and be a surgeon? is it hard to do this? thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

A D.O. can do anything an M.D. can. It's a slight difference in philosophy, nothing more. Some residencies are more competitive than others however and there are more M.D. residencies than D.O. residencies currently. Best advice is to keep your grades high through school and do research to "pad" your application profile.

Cheers,
Richie

I was actually looking in the phone book today, under 'Physicians,' and the largest concentration of them were Surgeons - I was surprised :idea:

So - YES - you can definitely be a surgeon - you can be anything you wanna be :D

Members don't see this ad :)
VentdependenT said:
Sorry, you can only operate on bones as a DO.

that sucks man, i wanted to be a heart surgeon

VentdependenT said:

An ortho surgeon then? Sweet.

To the original poster. You are a troll. You are a tool. You continue to ask *****ic questions like this, with the sole intent of inflaming others on this board.

On the other hand, if I am wrong, and you are unable to find the answer to this question on your own without asking it here, then you are too stupid to go to medical school. Get a life. Get a date. Get a beer. Get laid. Get real.

VentdependenT said:

don't listen to VentdependenT. my father is an interventional cardiologist (M.D.) and a few of his partners are D.O.'s and he says they can do the same exact things he does.

wire said:
don't listen to VentdependenT. my father is an interventional cardiologist (M.D.) and a few of his partners are D.O.'s and he says they can do the same exact things he does.
No I think Vent is right on this one. DOs are only good for working on bones like chiropractors. :D

Boomer said:
An ortho surgeon then? Sweet.

To the original poster. You are a troll. You are a tool. You continue to ask *****ic questions like this, with the sole intent of inflaming others on this board.

On the other hand, if I am wrong, and you are unable to find the answer to this question on your own without asking it here, then you are too stupid to go to medical school. Get a life. Get a date. Get a beer. Get laid. Get real.

with that kind of pent up anger and aggression, its not me who needs to be looking to get laid. remember, psychiatrists are your friends - if you need help, they will listen. good luck my friend, and god be with you.

Unless the heart is a bone you CANNOT operate on it as a DO. "Boner's" don't count either.

Ahh man, I have about 30 min to kill before I rock this cinco de mayo like a champ.

Reactions: 1 user
asdasd12345 said:
i want to be a surgeon. can you go to DO school and be a surgeon? is it hard to do this? thanks for the advice.
This is a seriously stupid question since there are plenty of DOs who become general surgeons, orthopods, etc. DOs can get into either allo or osteo residencies for surgery. Obviously, DOs have a much tougher time matching into allopathic urology, ortho, and other very competitive surgical subspecialties. If you work hard and do well, you can get whatever you want. Do your research before asking such a question.

VentdependenT said:
Unless the heart is a bone you CANNOT operate on it as a DO. "Boner's" don't count either.

Ahh man, I have about 30 min to kill before I rock this cinco de mayo like a champ.

You mean a heart isn't a bone? How do you break it then?

drvlad2004 said:
This is a seriously stupid question since there are plenty of DOs who become general surgeons, orthopods, etc. DOs can get into either allo or osteo residencies for surgery. Obviously, DOs have a much tougher time matching into allopathic urology, ortho, and other very competitive surgical subspecialties. If you work hard and do well, you can get whatever you want. Do your research before asking such a question.

i think i will continue to post as many pointless random meaningless questions as i want to. your the facking nitwit to replying to such a "stupid" question. and why are your statement so obvious if i have to do research to get the answers you *****.

DORoe said:
You mean a heart isn't a bone? How do you break it then?

good question hehe, i have another... explain how a womans water breaks when giving birth??? what bone did she break?? :eek: hehehe :laugh:

VentdependenT said:
I like where this is going! Nothing beats a good solid "suck a cock ******" retort!

thats probably because you enjoy it so much, yer queer.

closing.........

asdasd12345 said:
thats probably because you enjoy it so much, yer queer.

Vent got

owned%20dog.jpg

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.