can i get a high score on the mcat with this plan?yea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr duey

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so im a soph in college and obv have 3 years left.

If i study for the mcat for 1hr a day 3 days a week.
=3x(48-8) For vacation..-8
=120hr X 3
=360 hours of study time.

Think i would get a high score?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is this a troll post? Certainly seems like it...

But in case the OP is serious, please keep in mind that well less than 1% of MCAT takers score a 40 or above.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a troll post? Certainly seems like it...

But in case the OP is serious, please keep in mind that well less than 1% of MCAT takers score a 40 or above.
Most ppl spend 3-6 months so its different.

Why is it trollish the worst you do is Waste your time

You're a 2-hour old account who posted a story about being arbitrarily assigned a 15 page paper by an online professor, followed by this asking if studying a couple hours a week across three years can get you a 40? When there won't even be 40s given out past January? And this is the third or so time today you've come on here to troll?

It's too bad there are quick and easy VPNs to prevent successful IP banning, huh :/

Reactions: 1 user
Most ppl spend 3-6 months so its different.

Why is it trollish the worst you do is Waste your time

So are you suggesting that you'll spend much longer than 6 months to prepare?

I am sure you are aware that there are a ton of delusional premeds on this forum. Know anyone like that, OP?

Do you really not have anything better to do with your time

Do you really not have anything better to do with your time

You are the one who started all these threads. And don't you have a 15+ page VIP paper to complete?

@Boolean Sorry for mistaken you for the OP!

You're a 2-hour old account who posted a story about being arbitrarily assigned a 15 page paper by an online professor, followed by this asking if studying a couple hours a week across three years can get you a 40? When there won't even be 40s given out past January? And this is the third or so time today you've come on here to troll?

It's too bad there are quick and easy VPNs to prevent successful IP banning, huh :/
So its the 40 that makes it trollish?

Ok then assume its A high number not 40

You are the one who started all these threads. And don't you have a 15+ page VIP paper to complete?

@Boolean Sorry for mistaken you for the OP!
I really hope I don't have a paper to complete...

So its the 40 that makes it trollish?

Ok then assume its A high number not 40

Your study plan shows someone who is highly ignorant and delusional towards the MCAT.

But back to your topic. You'll most likely have to take the new MCAT, which is an entirely different beast with a different scoring system. The current scale of 3 to 45 will completely disappear after next January. Just focus on doing well in your courses right now. And don't forget to work on that 15 page paper. It isn't often that a student gets such a VIP treatment from his/her professor.

Your study plan shows someone who is highly ignorant and delusional towards the MCAT.

But back to your topic. You'll most likely have to take the new MCAT, which is an entirely different beast with a different scoring system. The current scale of 3 to 45 will completely disappear after next January. Just focus on doing well in your courses right now. And don't forget to work on that 15 page paper. It isn't often that a student gets such a VIP treatment from his/her professor.
Then help me see the error in my ways.

I said 1 hour a day...

I came here to learn about this process. I didnt know that i would attacked by an angry sdn mob for not knowing about the new mcat.

Lesson learned

Please refer to the MCAT sub-forum for all the information that you'll need.

But studying 1 hour a day, 3 days a week spread over 3 years is an absolutely abysmal strategy. Most people spend 3-4 months studying for the MCAT intensively. I am talking about 5-8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Youd fly under the radar better if you took two seconds to add an avatar.

This a huge misunderstanding.

Let me ask a different way. If the max aperson will study is 6 months. Will the law of diminishing returns play a factor if they study an extra 3 months

Ok so im a soph in college and obv have 3 years left.

If i study for the mcat for 1hr a day 3 days a week.
=3x(48-8) For vacation..-8
=120hr X 3
=360 hours of study time.

Think i would get a high score?
Honestly, I think there is a plateau to how much studying helps your score. You need a certain level of base knowledge to do reasonably well, then once you have that there is a large range where test-taking and critical thinking skills are the driving factors in score differences (these are harder to practice and thus why many people have difficulty raising their scores regardless of study time), and then finally, once you've nailed those bits, cramming in the final bits of minutiae can add the cherry-on-top last few points.

You need the foundation knowledge base first, and then if you are in the upper range of the critical thinking/test skills ability, you may see some returns from additional studying.

This a huge misunderstanding.

Let me ask a different way. If the max aperson will study is 6 months. Will the law of diminishing returns play a factor if they study an extra 3 months

Most likely. 6 months of MCAT studying is already way too much, and 9 months is lunacy.

ya i studied 3 days (half hour per day) and got a 46 so

Reactions: 2 users
Most likely. 6 months of MCAT studying is already way too much, and 9 months is lunacy.
What if u study for 1 hour a day? We already do way more than that for our classes.

What if u study for 1 hour a day? We already do way more than that for our classes.

1 hour a day for six month? That's probably one of the least efficient things you can possibly do. Unless you are incredibly different from everyone else, just follow the established schedule that everyone uses. You can make modifications to suit your learning style and individual needs, but again, 3-4 months of rigorous studying is what you should be aiming for.

...says the person who joined today, no avatar and 1 post which is a letter-for-typoed-letter copy of someone else's :roflcopter: