Can i get fund?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iman.eb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have a question.

I graduated from tehran university (best university of iran) in "counseling" with GPA 16.92/20.

Now i am student of "mental health" in iran medical science university.

My English is terrible but i have enough time to work on that and get GRE and IELTS.

I want know is that possible that i can apply for "clinical psychology" in universities of USA? and is that possible that i can get fund?

Members don't see this ad.

My English is terrible but i have enough time to work on that and get GRE and IELTS.

I want know is that possible that i can apply for "clinical psychology" in universities of USA? and is that possible that i can get fund?

My first question is why relocate if you are currently a student of mental health in Iran Medical Science University? If your English is "terrible," as you say, why would you not want to remain in your country of origin to practice?

One must be highly proficient in reading, writing, and speaking in this field, whether it be your language of origin, or the language you adopt.

Sure, someone can acquire funding as a foreign student, but there are many challenges to studying in another country (VISAs, etc.). I recommend doing a thorough search of the internet, and discussing these goals with someone at your current university. I am positive others at the Iran Medical Science University have experience with foreign studies (either Europe or U.S.) by either teaching overseas or having been a student themselves. Speak with them first. You will need a sponsor for foreign educational visas, and you would establish your sponsorship by direct communication from professors at your Iranian university (through bids of recommendation) to another foreign university (the ones in which you designate and apply). Nothing is guaranteed but it is not impossible either.

Good luck.:luck:

Edit: If you are asking if you can get funds to apply, the answer is no. You'd have to apply at your own cost, and then perhaps secure funding once accepted by the program, which would be discussed if you are granted an interview. Sometimes some universities will interview via Skype, but most will want to interview you in person. And then, again, the costs (travel, lodging, food, etc. costs) would be your responsibility, as it is for every applicant (US or foreign).

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your good explanation.

I will talk about my decision with my teachers.

I have an another question. As i said i am the M.A student of mental health. Regurding that my MA degree will be in mental health, can I go to a clinical psychology PhD program? or i have to MA in clinical psychology?

Again sorry for my bad English :depressed:

You're welcome. You will have to earn another MA in psychology with your Ph.D. Most reputable programs give you only partial credit (approximately 6 Credit Hours, in my experience) for masters degrees earned prior to doctoral training.