Can I get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstudent9896

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My cGPA is currently a 3.4 and will increase this semester. I have not calculated my sGPA yet. However, I have clinical experience as my undergraduate major is nursing. I have had over 700+ hours of clinicals. This includes peds, ob, med/surg, community health and psychiatric clinicals. I am starting a preceptorship in march. Additionally, I've done research in nursing. I had 100+ hours of volunteering at a hospital in high school. I was in student government at my school for two years, a resident advisor, along with a member of the leadership team. I am taking my MCATs in April. I have a LOR from my clinical instructor and my physics professor. I am applying to both DO schools and MD schools. What should I do to better my applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Obvious, get and keep the GPAs on a rising trend.

Get some more non-clinical ECs, and get off campus, out of your comfort zone. Check wiht local houses of worship for volunteer opportunities.

Any research experience???????????

My cGPA is currently a 3.4 and will increase this semester. I have not calculated my sGPA yet. However, I have clinical experience as my undergraduate major is nursing. I have had over 700+ hours of clinicals. This includes peds, ob, med/surg, community health and psychiatric clinicals. I am starting a preceptorship in march. Additionally, I've done research in nursing. I had 100+ hours of volunteering at a hospital in high school. I was in student government at my school for two years, a resident advisor, along with a member of the leadership team. I am taking my MCATs in April. I have a LOR from my clinical instructor and my physics professor. I am applying to both DO schools and MD schools. What should I do to better my applications?

Obvious, get and keep the GPAs on a rising trend.

Get some more non-clinical ECs, and get off campus, out of your comfort zone. Check wiht local houses of worship for volunteer opportunities.

Any research experience???????????

Is it generally acceptable to include experience from high school? I have 100+ hours of volunteering at a museum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, but has your GPA been on a rising or falling trend?