Can I get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student_runner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just finished taking the MCAT and received my score. I knew I bombed the test after taking it but once I got my score I found that I received a 19 :(. VR-7, PS-6,BS-6. I know this is a really lows score which is why I am stressed. My BCP GPA is 2.88, total science is 3.08, non-science is 3.83, and total overall GPA is 3.37. I will be applying to ALL podiatry schools and since I scored a 19 on the DAT I will use this score to apply to temple. What are my chances of getting in? From the research I have done it could swing either way. Thank you so much for your help! I'm doing my best not to stess :(

Members don't see this ad.

Apply and send our your app very early (like the first day the cycle opens). If all your other materials are good (ECs, letters, essay, etc) you still have a decent shot. I scored low on my first two MCATs and still got in to several schools and I think it was because I applied literally the first day the cycle opened and my other materials were strong. Plus I feel that I made good impressions at the interviews (you will have to have atrong interview skills to communicate why podiatry).

Trust me, its not over. I would suggest retaking it if you have time but i did get multiple interviews with low MCAT scores but everything else was in check. Your sgpa is a little low too but I wouldnt lose all hope just yet. Apply very broadly and you may land one of the schools.

So all in all you might secure a spot at some of the pod schools but you can always retake and try to improve to show schools you are really serious about getting in. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
just retake the mcat. You can easily bring that 19 up to a 24-25.

I prepared for over four months for the MCAT and took a private MCAT prep course, All my practice scores were much higher than a 19. I dunno why but I sure did choke. I have no problem re-taking the MCAT I just have one more question. The next available MCAT I can take is August 1. the applications open august 6 and I plan on submitting my application that same day. However, would you still recommend I still retake the MCAT even though I will not receive my new score until beginning of September? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

If I were in your shoes I would apply and see which schools would offer an interview and then decide whether or not to take the MCAT again. If you get an interview that means they are willing to accept your score.

If I were in your shoes I would apply and see which schools would offer an interview and then decide whether or not to take the MCAT again. If you get an interview that means they are willing to accept your score.
Thanks for the input. If I do apply and no one seems to like my score so I take it again can I still apply in the smae cycle? or do I have to wait until the following year to complete and update my file online? Thank you so much for you help!

have your app totally complete and retake the mcat. than as soon as you get your score back in 30 days send the app out. i think you shall be in good shape.

Yep, like Lakers it is like what Lakers said. If you have to retake then your app can be updated. You can even call the schools and tell them you have a higher score and they will look at your app again.