Can I learn metabolism in 42 hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tavokeri9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My test date is May 20th, and I'm still feeling shaky on Biochemistry metabolism. In the Kaplan book, I feel good about Ch. 1-9 (I think I am okay with the glycolysis, gluconeogenesis stuff). However, I haven't touched Ch. 10, 11 and 12. I want to finish all this stuff this weekend (I'm giving myself 3 days to completely memorize/understand metabolism and also review the rest of the Biochemistry chapters in Kaplan) I plan to do 12-14 hours each day devoted for this. I can't even start the section bank without completely understanding biochem. :(

Do you guys think this is do-able? Can I finish and understand this stuff in a span of 36-42 hours?

Members don't see this ad.

yes - draw it - many times

if you can handle gluconeo... why are you struggling with metabolism?

yes - draw it - many times

if you can handle gluconeo... why are you struggling with metabolism?

I mean, I understand glycolysis, gluconeogenesis. I know the steps (can kinda recognize structures, but will still need to practice this). I understand the various regulation points in these pathways, but still have to go over them because I feel I keep forgetting it every day :(

I am also near perfect conceptually with amino acids, enzyme kinetics, etc. - still have to practice though

I'm struggling and scared because I have yet to learn Citric Acid cycle, FA metabolism, amino acid metabolism and whatever else is on the MCAT other than glycolysis, gluconeo, and PPP. My MCAT is so soon and I feel so behind! :cryi:

I'd glaze over the material quickly and then practice a chit-ton of passages related directly to metabolism.