Can I pass NAPLEX with just 75 percentile?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obsession

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am totally freaking out as my NAPLEX is within 5 days, and so far I only did RXPREP calculations, SDN 120 calculations. HTN, Diabetes, Thyroid, Immunization. Top 200 drugs. I did these things thoroughly and retained in memory. That's all I did. I did not touch any other chapter. I did not practice any quizzes.

With that being said, what are my chances of passing NAPLEX with just 75 percentile.

What do you think if you were in the same boat. Would you take NAPLEX or reschedule? If you take NAPLEX what extra chapter would you combine? Do you have any suggestion for me please. I have very short memory , I just cannot just read chapters and retain knowledge. I have to read chapters again and again until I memorize them. That's why I cannot do a lot of chapters in remaining days.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 98 on pre naplex yesterday and an took naplex this AM and i feel like i failed. I really wouldnt focus on the prenaplex score too much, from what ive seen a good amount of people do the same or better on actual naplex.

Just keep reviewing for 5 days (thats plenty of time) and then take it imo. I got through RxPrep in 3 days (i went through it once before in May) but i wanted to do it again the week before the test, you just need to glue yourself to a chair and force yourself to do it.

Highlight the main drugs/side effects. You dont really have to read the intro to the disease states just look at the chart and know what treats what and the major side effects and be able to recognize brand/generics.

I just saw your reply to my post in the other thread. The test is totally random and different for everyone, mine was def not focused on the major dx states and most of my calculations were two or three step problems

Reactions: 1 user
The test is random and I don't think it's enough to read for the sake of testing bc you can get questions from anywhere to on anything dealing with counseling points. Rxprep is great and don't just limit yourself underlined items bc some questions are not based on them. I guess some people have to apply their focus more than others. If you feel you don't know the main drugs, side effects, moa and general content including names then reschedule. To be safe and spend less, 50.00 is much better than having to retake and restudy. Naturally you'll be nervous, but you'll know if you are not ready or ready to move forward to the next stage of this process.

I wish and Pray EML9255 you pass with flying colors.Hey man can you tell me is RXPREP maths and Q bank from RXPREP is good enough for the test.
I am sort of average in Maths.Thanks man!Good luck,I am sure you'll pass.BTW how about Oncology,you think you got toomany from.

Members don't see this ad :)
In actual NAPLEX test , were there any diseases background type questions like classification. For example classification of CHF, Cardiac Arrhythmias, physiology of diseases, pathophysiology of diseases stable angina, unstable angina, Bipolar disorder 1 , Bipolar 11 etc.

Should I only focus on medicines which medicine in which disease, MOA, major toxicity , major interaction , drug of choice, important consultation points about medicines. What is the best approach to save time and focus on. If you have to take NAPLEX again with little or no time for study which approach would you prefer. Approach 1 combined with approach 2 or just approach 2 is enough for NAPLEX passing with flying colors.

I got a 98 on pre naplex yesterday and an took naplex this AM and i feel like i failed. I really wouldnt focus on the prenaplex score too much, from what ive seen a good amount of people do the same or better on actual naplex.

Just keep reviewing for 5 days (thats plenty of time) and then take it imo. I got through RxPrep in 3 days (i went through it once before in May) but i wanted to do it again the week before the test, you just need to glue yourself to a chair and force yourself to do it.

Highlight the main drugs/side effects. You dont really have to read the intro to the disease states just look at the chart and know what treats what and the major side effects and be able to recognize brand/generics.

I just saw your reply to my post in the other thread. The test is totally random and different for everyone, mine was def not focused on the major dx states and most of my calculations were two or three step problems

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and advice. I pray too that you will pass.
My dear friend also got 98 on PreNaplex 7 days before the Naplex and passed too with over 100 points. With the PreNaplex being close to real Naplex, many reported the PreNaplex score to be a good indicator of real Naplex.

You will pass, I include you in my prayer :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I wish and Pray EML9255 you pass with flying colors.

Hey man can you tell me is RXPREP maths and Q bank from RXPREP is good enough for the test.

I am sort of average in Maths.

My friend, you did not mention the famous 120 Questions and Answers from this famous forum. So here it is, many swore it helped. I included right below this post so you can save time to study....Good luck and please come back and help others after you pass the exam. Thank you very much in advance.

moly ([email protected])

Attachments

• 120 Math Questions with Answers from Student Doctor Network dot org, very helpful for NAPLEX (3).pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 112
I wish and Pray EML9255 you pass with flying colors.Hey man can you tell me is RXPREP maths and Q bank from RXPREP is good enough for the test.
I am sort of average in Maths.Thanks man!Good luck,I am sure you'll pass.BTW how about Oncology,you think you got toomany from.
Oncology, I don't remember seeing it. But know calculations from Rxprep, that's the only thing I used with online quiz bank. Passed with a 3 digit score. Dude you will be fine. Test format is very annoying, I walked out feeling like I failed, but did pretty good.

My friend, you did not mention the famous 120 Questions and Answers from this famous forum. So here it is, many swore it helped. I included right below this post so you can save time to study....Good luck and please come back and help others after you pass the exam. Thank you very much in advance.

moly ([email protected])
Moly you have a good heart. Good looking out for others. Good luck on your career.

Reactions: 1 user
Scored 100+ on Pre-Naplex scored twice but real NAPLEX is much tougher. Bombarded with ID, HIV, Immunization each question got harder and harder. Shocked with one particular MATH question. Where question gave electrolytes data without naming what corresponds to what, there were put into columns and rows. Feeling very upset. Praying.....praying ....praying.

Kamac,Wish you pass with flying colors.Can you explain me what sort of Bio stats and Maths you faced.Is Rxprep good enough.How many Immunization Q did you see.I pray you pass with very good score.

You should able to understand a small clinical study data ( P-values, CI etc ) and make a decision. Rxprep Math Q bank is good exercise, keep on solving until you take the test.

I didn't know where to ask, so I write here. Is there possibility to buy Rxprep pdf version? I'm not from USA, so it's very expensive to buy this book(counting to my currency).

Last edited:
Scored 100+ on Pre-Naplex scored twice but real NAPLEX is much tougher. Bombarded with ID, HIV, Immunization each question got harder and harder. Shocked with one particular MATH question. Where question gave electrolytes data without naming what corresponds to what, there were put into columns and rows. Feeling very upset. Praying.....praying ....praying.

Took it this morning and had a similar experience. I was flooded with HIV and immunizations, but most of all oncology. I had to have between 1 and 2 dozen oncology questions. Had a dozen HIV questions. Really unsure but feel I did well on the math so we'll see.

Took it this morning and had a similar experience. I was flooded with HIV and immunizations, but most of all oncology. I had to have between 1 and 2 dozen oncology questions. Had a dozen HIV questions. Really unsure but feel I did well on the math so we'll see.

I passed the test with good score. You too will do good, just chill.

I feel this way right now. I did Pre-NAPLEX and got 90. Just did NAPLEX today and I feel like total crap. Like total fail. I got so many ID/Oncology/HIV questions that I was starting to wonder if I was getting them all wrong and that's why I kept on getting more. I am just hoping and praying for a pass...