Can I recover?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClassyOrange

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had a pretty rough freshman year. I got a 2.666 GPA my first semester (didn't give my best effort) and am waiting for the results for this semester. I know I've got an A in one class and a C in chem lab. I'm anticipating a B in my first bio class (301) and a C for my second chem class (302). I honestly believed that this would be my turnaround semester and that things would be going up, but that apparently isn't the case yet. :(

I know that next year is a make or break year, so I'm determined to change my study and personal habits that are holding me back from success. Seeing all the work I've done this semester not yield the results I want has such a negative effect that I just sink when I think about it.

Members don't see this ad.

without a doubt you can recover.

I've had a pretty rough freshman year. I got a 2.666 GPA my first semester (didn't give my best effort) and am waiting for the results for this semester. I know I've got an A in one class and a C in chem lab. I'm anticipating a B in my first bio class (301) and a C for my second chem class (302). I honestly believed that this would be my turnaround semester and that things would be going up, but that apparently isn't the case yet. :(

I know that next year is a make or break year, so I'm determined to change my study and personal habits that are holding me back from success. Seeing all the work I've done this semester not yield the results I want has such a negative effect that I just sink when I think about it.

I had a 1.9 or something freshmen year. Of course you can recover. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You can recover but it is going to be some tough work.

I had a 2.0 when I finished the 2nd year at college, finished with 2.91 overall and 3.3 in science. I ended up getting a masters degree in biology with 3.88, and got in this year.
So, YES you can recover, its just a matter of how much you want it

+1 for recovery! where there is a will there is a way

Thanks for the input and keeping my hopes up, guys. I know things are going to change come Fall.