Can I study for the new MCAT using old MCAT test materials (exam krackers)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpaceHamsterBoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the old exam krackers book set.
Can I use this to study for the new mcat version or should I just get a new prep book?

Members don't see this ad.

this question is asked a ton... but your avatar always makes me laugh so i'll answer..

for examkrackers, they actually did change their content a lot and every one of their passages at the end of their books has changed to reflect the new mcat... i'd get the 9th edition if i were you. for TBR and TPR, older editions would be fine

I compared the EK 8th and 9th editions and there are several passages repeated

well I haven't went through all of my 7th edition passages, but i think literally every EK 9th edition passage involves data being given/taken down with tables, and requires you to interpret the results.. which is a major part of mcat 2015. TPR/TBR passages still have lots of just info dumps with no figures in their passages.

now EK did use the same wordings in many passages, but they added more to that passage, including the figures/tables. so they may have not completely added new passages, but they did get rid of every passage that was just an info dump or at least added on figures to those previous passages