Can I void my mcat/should i void it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigSank

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the mcat on september 18th but I've had a recent drop in my practice exam scores and I don't know that I'm fully ready for this date. It's about 10 days before the exam and I believe it's too late to cancel it and I know I can't get any sort of partial refund or lesser fee to reschedule at this point. Is there a away to void the mcat after you take it, kind of like the SATs? I was thinking of just using this real mcat date as sort of a practice MCAT and then just voiding the score right after. Would med school be able to see that I cancelled? Would that cancelled one count as my having taken the mcat once so that even if I take it again fully prepared it'll be seen as my second time by a med school committee? Would it really hurt me in any way? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

At the end it asks if you want the test graded or not, and you choose the option that says VOID.

Medschools can't see you voided.

Only aamc would know that you took it once since you voided (and you).

It will not hurt you in anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
If you take it and void, it still counts as one try out of the 3 allowed per annual application cycle. I think u still have time to cancel without a refund until the 11th. If you cancel by this date, it won't count as an attempt.