Can somebody efffing help me? :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tariql353

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
recently graduated from a US med school and step 3 is less than 3 weeks. Done UW q's once so far avg 55% but the ccs is freaking me the f out. I feel like i can be OK on the mcq's but the ccs makes me think ill fail the exam. All i wanna do is pass. Your advice would appreciated. Obviously i'd rather delay than take the exam if its too risky. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

recently graduated from a US med school and step 3 is less than 3 weeks. Done UW q's once so far avg 55% but the ccs is freaking me the f out. I feel like i can be OK on the mcq's but the ccs makes me think ill fail the exam. All i wanna do is pass. Your advice would appreciated. Obviously i'd rather delay than take the exam if its too risky. Thanks.

-how are you doing on biostats - majority of questions on day #1 is biostats
-CCS - being an intern helps alot but UWORLD software AND non-software cases help - you need to do both - supplement with crush step 3 CCS
-crush step 3 CCS takes about a day to read - I read it for peds, OBGYN, miscellaneous, and primary care IM cases since there aren't alot in UWORLD

-I recommend doindg UWORLD + NBMEs + any other banks you ahve time for
-MKSAP very useful to get used to long question stems not so much for knowledge at this point - just builds stamina

Hey,

I took mine of august 22/23rd so i don't have my scores so take my advice with.......well, you know.

Like others have suggested, focus on biostats since it's heavy on day 1. However, i found biostats to be okay. I struggled with abstracts but it's was given. Besides that, biostats was okay. I did UW step 1, step 2, step 3 and biostats uw course along with kaplan step 2 ck biostats so perhaps it had something to do with feeling "okay." I am not sure.

Besides biostats, i would focus on HY topics such as acs, murmurs, cardiomyopathies, diabetes, adrenal, gi bleeding, pna, tb, hiv, meningitis, stroke and other. However, i don't recall a single HIV, Diabetes and adrenal question on my day 2.