Can you help me ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dream of being a pharmacist one day. I am 23 years and I graduated from a college in new York with a bachelor degree in mathematics. My GPA was 3.28 and I have to admit that I did study that hard when I was in school. The thing is getting to pharmacy school has been my dream for a very long time I came to the states 6 years ago and I am an American citizen now. I want to know how hard it is to get to a pharmacy school considering that there are 117 pharmacy schools in the states and I am down to go to any other state to live and study pharmacy there. I also don't care about the name of the school or if it is public or private. I know that I sound desperate but I am willing to work hard and do my best to get there. I still have to finish 8 science classes before I apply but I want to know what my chances are to get to a pharmacy school. I am surrounded with a lot of negativity from people who are trying to discourag me from achieving my dream but in the same time I want honest opinions so any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My advice as someone who hasn't been accepted yet is if you want to do it then do it. You have 8 science classes left....bust your ass in those. Get A's or B's. Don't slack off there and you should be fine.

My advice as someone who hasn't been accepted yet is if you want to do it then do it. You have 8 science classes left....bust your ass in those. Get A's or B's. Don't slack off there and you should be fine.

how many pharmacy schools are you going to apply to ?

There are a lot of pharmacy schools yes, but there is also the problem with classes not always filling up all of their seats. I'm a second year student at University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy (www.umes.edu/pharmacy) in Princess Anne, Maryland. We have a 3 year accelerated program here and some people still aren't aware we are here. Yes, it can be argued that it's partially due to the fact that we are a newer program (our first class just graduated in May and we did receive accreditation after that) but because we aren't as well known as other schools, some people may place a higher priority at being accepted to another school. So ultimately I know in our case, people will be accepted but decline their seat to go to another school with a well-known history. You may have luck getting into newer schools because of this case but also make sure that you like the school as a whole and not just to get in easier than at another school.