Can you lose your acceptance to a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arahnisarahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have a random question that does not an any way include me.
however, I am going to make up a scenario in which one might think it is me.
But... its not:)

Ok lets say I get accepted to optometry school during my undergrad. Now, being in this situation I still would have to complete a semester before I leave for Opt. school. Does this mean I could relax a bit and not be so competitive in my school work? or do I still have a very good chance of loosing my acceptance?

Basicly, could you slack off on your grades once accepted?

Very Random I know

Members don't see this ad.

I just have a random question that does not an any way include me.
however, I am going to make up a scenario in which one might think it is me.
But... its not:)

Ok lets say I get accepted to optometry school during my undergrad. Now, being in this situation I still would have to complete a semester before I leave for Opt. school. Does this mean I could relax a bit and not be so competitive in my school work? or do I still have a very good chance of loosing my acceptance?

Basicly, could you slack off on your grades once accepted?

Very Random I know

from the schools i have spoken to, once you are accepted, you need at least a C in the classes you take AFTER the acceptance. i would check with the school you are applying to, but from what I understand, NO, they will not take away your acceptance! :laugh:

now you can relax :smuggrin:

One of my acceptances says something like "we expect that your GPA will remain consistent with what it is now" so I figure that means they want me to graduate with a similar GPA, but I'm sure if it was a little lower they wouldn't care.

Good question Arahnisarahn. :D Thanks for the input everyone!