Can you please chance me High MCAT Low cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaliasabb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i realized late in my college career (jr yr) that I want to pursue medicine. I am not graduating anytime soon anyway since I am double majoring in Psych and Bio however I would like to share with you my stats. 3.8 science GPA but 3.0 cumulative GPA i failed a few non science classes last year since I was the sole guardian of my grandfather who I had to take to doctors almost every other day so I couldn't attend class and then he passed away and I did not take his death well at all. I am retaking the courses I did not do well in as we speak so the grades will change and I scored a 39 out of 45 on the MCATS. I shadow my family physician and I partake in a neuroscience research program at my school plus other extra curriculars. Do i have a shot? I thinking about:
NY Medical College
NYU Medical
Hoftsra Medical
Mount sinai
Albert einstein

My choices are limited since I can't really travel out of state

Members don't see this ad.

Don't you already have a WAMC thread like literally 4 threads below this?

No need to make two threads search for the same basic question, its MCAT not MCATS, and we are aware that its scored out of 45 points, lol. Also your status should be "pre-medical" since you're an undergraduate (and I'm assuming a psych major), the "psychology student" moniker is intended for psyD and psychology PhD students.

Not being mean, just letting you know =)

Anyone interested in responding, go to this thread since darkjedi already got us started over there

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=952810