Can you resize the Verbal Passage on the real MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSHIFT

to victory
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer a narrow passage width because its easier to read. Does anyone know if you can resize the passages on the real MCAT?

Good luck fellow pre-meds:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

No you can't. The only thing you can do is highlight what you feel is important.

bummer, because on the aamc practice tests the only window you can resize is on the verbal. On the science sections you can't resize.

thanks for the info.

Has this changed or is it still the case that you cannot resize windows on verbal or any sections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has this changed or is it still the case that you cannot resize windows on verbal or any sections?

You can't. I tried last week on my MCAT, and I actually wrote on the survey that I don't understand why they can't just add this simple feature to adjust the width and the size of the font.

Bummer, did it throw you off?

Well for me, I read faster if I have to shift my eyes less. So I wanted to make it narrower. The monitor at the testing center was larger than my laptop, so I was reading slower. I did run out of time on my exam, I am not sure if that was the reason or not.

Well for me, I read faster if I have to shift my eyes less. So I wanted to make it narrower. The monitor at the testing center was larger than my laptop, so I was reading slower. I did run out of time on my exam, I am not sure if that was the reason or not.

I'm finding it difficult to focus when my mind focuses on different things, like "my ears itch, the screen is too bright, my eyes ache." I guess the best bet is to embrace the situation. For me, trusting that God rules helps. Anxiety and confidence seem to be huge barriers to success on the mcat it seems.

I'm finding it difficult to focus when my mind focuses on different things, like "my ears itch, the screen is too bright, my eyes ache." I guess the best bet is to embrace the situation. For me, trusting that God rules helps. Anxiety and confidence seem to be huge barriers to success on the mcat it seems.

Anxiety and lack of confidence killed me.

What about 'CTRL +' or 'CTRL - ' to change the zoom? Are we allowed to do that?

I doubt it, because what's stopping you from using 'CTRL F' to find key words then? I don't even know what program MCAT uses for their exam, but it might be their own web browser they developed. Can anyone confirm?

I doubt it, because what's stopping you from using 'CTRL F' to find key words then? I don't even know what program MCAT uses for their exam, but it might be their own web browser they developed. Can anyone confirm?

Control + F usually only works with regular text, though. Their text is different / you can highlight it.

Answer: I think you'll just have to deal with what you're given.

Reactions: 1 user