Can you still get into medical school with 2 C's on your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not only is it possible some can be in your prereqs. I know a doctor that had a C in Organic 2 and got a few acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

You must have done something very different. Pls write what was your major and where?

I had two Cs from an ivy league school. I got into three middle-tier med schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a C+ in organic 1 and a C in organic 2. Full ride to my state school and starting this fall. Maybe call me one of those n=1 guys...

Hey guys, am new 2 the website & I know that ppl have been asking this question over & over, but I really need to know if there's anyone who got into the Medical school with a C. Am a Junior & my eco. class was such a nightmare ! & so I ended up getting C (yeah) , I keep telling my self that's ok cuz that was my 1st semester at Uni. , but im gonna take a bunch of tough classes next semester & am expecting to get B+, B & A- (maybe). My undergrad GPA was good (before that C ) in Ecology. Also,. Do you guys think that this C is gonna count toward my undergrad. GPA cuz I've already taken Cellular & molecular biology & microbiology of health & disease back in college.
Any help would b appreciated . :)
:confused::confused:

2 C's, 1 D, sub 30 MCAT and I have an MD II this cycle so far. Not an ideal record, but shows there's always hope : )

Hey guys, am new 2 the website & I know that ppl have been asking this question over & over, but I really need to know if there's anyone who got into the Medical school with a C. Am a Junior & my eco. class was such a nightmare ! & so I ended up getting C (yeah) , I keep telling my self that's ok cuz that was my 1st semester at Uni. , but im gonna take a bunch of tough classes next semester & am expecting to get B+, B & A- (maybe). My undergrad GPA was good (before that C ) in Ecology. Also,. Do you guys think that this C is gonna count toward my undergrad. GPA cuz I've already taken Cellular & molecular biology & microbiology of health & disease back in college.
Any help would b appreciated . :)
:confused::confused:

You're in the right thread but you didn't read it, lol. I am one person that got in to a few MD schools with a few C's (in science courses too), and there are more than a few who have done similarly. One C won't bury you.

2 C's, 1 D, sub 30 MCAT and I have an MD II this cycle so far. Not an ideal record, but shows there's always hope : )

My UG record was messier and I got accepted. Because my UG record was so messy I did graduate work.

It's always possible if you want it enough.

I had a C+ in organic 1 and a C in organic 2. Full ride to my state school and starting this fall. Maybe call me one of those n=1 guys...
You ended up accepted at FIU? :)

I'll let you know next Fall (Gen Chem II and Calc I -> C+'s) :xf:. I'd hope that a solid MCAT and good overall app would help out at those quality mid tiers (Tufts, BU, USC, Georgetown, Cinci, etc.) but it's incredibly variable between individual applications.
Did you get in with the 2 C's?

Last edited:
Did you get in with the 2 C's?
Yes, but it was a struggle, even coming from a top university with a difficult major. I can tell you that myself and other students who I know struggled to get in happen to be very good students, so take that however you will. Once you're in, you're in. None of that matters anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
I unfortunately have 2 C's on my transcript (my college doesn't have plus minus system), one in ecology and one in introduction to computational media. So far my GPA has been on an upward climb, and I intend to keep it that way and hopefully keep raising it (it's at a 3.4 now). My question is how much do you think those 2 C's would affect my chances at a reasonably-tiered med school (like Tufts, BU, etc.)? I appreciate your honest feedback.
I got in (a top 20) with 4 C's and 2 F's... The F was in art class and I brought them my portfolio - I'm part colorblind - they had a good laugh.

I had 2 legit C's and 2 C's for special circumstances - I didn't realize I was in the class until my bill came 2 semesters later - long story.

Applied to 6 schools total. So it's totally doable.

Reactions: 1 user
How well do GPA and MCAT score correlate? In my limited personal experience it doesn't seem like the links are that strong. I've seen a lot of highly unbalanced gpa/mcat scores in both directions - the 3.9/28 and the 3.4/36+.

Anyways, yes I've known people who have been admitted with 2-3 C grades, that being said they still had >3.5 cgpa/sgpas and 30+ MCAT scores.

Hi, Um so i have some questions maybe you could help. Im on the pre med track and a sophomore and my second semester at my university i didn't do well in BioStatistics i received a D and it horrified me and honestly made me want to quit. I also have a c- in bio 2 and c in calc 1. I have been working hard right after that semester trying to acheive all A's and no more slip ups. I m going to study intensely hard for the MCAT and aim really high and do you believe if i do well in all my otherr hard courses like recieve A's in physic,orgo 1 and 2 ,gen chem and biochem i can get in? Also would you recommend retaking the C/D courses?

Thank you. My advisor told me I can't get into med school. But I'm going to block that and think i can its probably a low chance but at least its a chance so I'm just going to work really hard for that chance.