Can you VOID Step 1 during/after test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holyhekshler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find this info anywhere :confused:
One person answered somebody else's question a while back saying that you can void if you don't start the last test block - does anyone know if this is true? Or if not - Can you void/not have it scored during the test during or right after ? I get major test anxiety and knowing that I could void would help me be less anxious. Thanks for any info!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't seem to find this info anywhere :confused:
One person answered somebody else's question a while back saying that you can void if you don't start the last test block - does anyone know if this is true? Or if not - Can you void/not have it scored during the test during or right after ? I get major test anxiety and knowing that I could void would help me be less anxious. Thanks for any info!

http://www.usmle.org/bulletin/scores/#results

If you do not begin every block, no results are reported, and the "incomplete examination" attempt appears on your USMLE transcript.

If your Step 1, Step 2 CK, or Step 3 examination is incomplete, you may request that a score be calculated and reported, with all missed test items or cases scored as incorrect. This score is likely to be lower than the score you would have achieved had you completed all sections of the examination. If you receive notification that your examination resulted in an incomplete attempt, contact the NBME in writing no later than 45 days after the date the notification is sent to you if you would like further information on having the score calculated and reported. If you decide to request calculation and reporting of your score, the score will appear on your USMLE transcript as though it were complete; it will remain the permanent score for the examination administration.