Can you void the 2015 mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladysmanfelpz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just like on the previous mcat are you allowed to void the score at the end? Are there any consequences of this? When can you take your next MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Short answer, yes you can still void. Long answer as to how soon you can re-test and does it count as an attempt (yes) is HERE. This is the official skinny on MCAT procedure from the AAMC.

Good luck!

@ladysmanfelpz - yes. at the end of the exam you have to state you want to void the score. I do not know after the fact if you can still void it.

The schools do not see that you voided the test. BUT AAMC does charge it against one of your 8 times for taking the exam (I think 8 is the limit) and it WILL could towards the 3 times per year (I think 3 / year is also the limit and yes, I'm too damn lazy to look it up for you as I am taking the test tomorrow )

As @Ad2b mentioned, there is a max number of attempts. 3 attempts in one year, 4 attempts in two consecutive years, 7 max in a lifetime (all of these begin with April 2015 administrations). You can find this information in the AAMC doc linked by @ElectricNoogie :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, there is an entire current thread about this. Apparently, the voided test will not be sent to the medical schools but the medical school's admission committee members can log into the system and see the attempt and subsequent score.

Reactions: 1 user
And subsequent score? You sure about that? Obviously it won't be an official score but I'm sure a committee could be influenced on a decision whether the score is official or not.

Anybody know if there is any truth to this or if void means it is completely voided and only counts as an attempt?

void = NO score. But the adcoms CAN log in and see that an attempt was completed and the score voided.

It could/would prompt questions as to why. If there are valid reasons (earthquake, tornado, plumbing issue at the site, etc; AAMC voids the test so it is different). If the tester voids, I think it raises more questions than not.