Canada Licensure Exams (Dental Board of Canada)(NDEB)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan to take the National Dental Examining Board of Canada in June. Some people here were saying that there were many repeat questions from the released written exams posted online. (http://www.ndeb.ca/en/accredited/documents/2006ReleasedEnglishBookI.pdf)

(http://www.ndeb.ca/en/accredited/documents/2006ReleasedEnglishBookII.pdf)

Does anyone here have the answers to those released written exams? I need to check to see if my own answers are correct.

If anyone here took the exam, can you give me some pointers? Which area should have I focus more on (like board 1 or 2)? If you have any old exams, can I buy them from you?

Thanks.

Angela

Members don't see this ad.

hi Angela..

Actually there is no official release of answer for NDEB exam as of USA's NBDE. What people are doing here is they are discussing question in which they have doubt...

That is right that question are repeated from past NDEB paper's but they are not releasing much question paper's as in USA. Till now they had released four sets for Written and OSCE... which are of year 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006.

Here ppl who are doing discussion and are planning to appear is for ACFD (Eligibility Exam of canada) not for NDEB (Licencing exam). So you might become distracted here...

Thanks

Dr.ymp

Thanks dr.ymp.

I am really looking forward to work in Canada and I need to get as much help I can get to pass this exam. I do notice that there are many discussions on Canadian ACFD Eligibility Exams. There are a few people here are interested in the National Dental Examining Board of Canada. I thought American National Dental Board Part 1 and 2 were easy because there are so many released and unreleased questions out there. You can do well by studying the decks and doing as much old questions. However, when I look for past questions for NDEB, I have a really hard time. I hope anyone here who took the exam can give a few more pointers as how I may approach this exam. Thanks!!

Angela

Hi angela,

As far as NDEB exam has concern, as per my information. They are giving more weightage to clinical subjects particularly Endodontia, Periodontia and Radiology.. For medical subject, they are much interested in Pharmacology.

Its a bit more difficult then NDBE exam of US as there is no specific material or past paper for it... Many people are going through clinical review book.. but as you have very few days remaining for exam... It might not much useful for you... But you can go through past papers of USA's part2. That might be very useful.

Best of Luck for your exam.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I plan to take the National Dental Examining Board of Canada in June. Some people here were saying that there were many repeat questions from the released written exams posted online. (http://www.ndeb.ca/en/accredited/documents/2006ReleasedEnglishBookI.pdf)

Does anyone here have the answers to those released written exams? I need to check to see if my own answers are correct. If you have the answers, please emails the answers for both Book I and Book II to [email protected]

If anyone here took the exam, can you give me some pointers? Which area should have I focus more on (like board 1 or 2)? If you have any old exams, can I buy them from you?

Thanks.

Angela

Don't know if this will help. I did my Canadian Board years ago (old format) and I studied the American Board released exam. I found the questions were similar at that time.

Hi Dr.ymp ,I am a recently graduated dentist and interested in continuing my education in Canada ,I do not have any visa , I want to know is there any possibility for me to get educational visa or sth like that to pass ACFD exam or not.You will really help me if give me some information.thanks.

Anybody succeeded in locating Naresh? there are several xerox stores in the area. I asked the guy in kinko's fedex at university ave and edward st., the guy said no body named Naresh working there. Please help me locate Naresh. I need the materials preparing for March 2008 exams.
Thanks.

hi Angela..

Actually there is no official release of answer for NDEB exam as of USA's NBDE. What people are doing here is they are discussing question in which they have doubt...

That is right that question are repeated from past NDEB paper's but they are not releasing much question paper's as in USA. Till now they had released four sets for Written and OSCE... which are of year 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006.

Here ppl who are doing discussion and are planning to appear is for ACFD (Eligibility Exam of canada) not for NDEB (Licencing exam). So you might become distracted here...

You can visit Dental faculty, University of Toronto at downtown. There is one xerox store and the guy name Naresh seating there.. Who can help you for this purpose.

I have released paper's. If you need that then you can email me at [email protected] and by the way there is no need of money for that.. as we are here to help eachother and i will become pleased if this information helps you..

Thanks

Dr.ymp
dr ymp
pls i need those released papers could you be kind enough to send them by email to me? [email protected] thanks

am prep for the EE and i was wondering if it's ok to register for a dental hygiene course along side to help me work and make a living,pls what do you think????????

hi Angela..

You can visit Dental faculty, University of Toronto at downtown. There is one xerox store and the guy name Naresh seating there.. Who can help you for this purpose.

I have released paper's. If you need that then you can email me at [email protected] and by the way there is no need of money for that.. as we are here to help eachother and i will become pleased if this information helps you..

Thanks

Dr.ymp

dr.yump

i need that release paper .if you can ,please mail to me .my mail is [email protected] .
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
quite a few people are looking for the email of past papers but wondering if anyone got it? its been more than a month now and I am still waiting ... Dr. YMP is everything okay there

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Dr. Ymp and others:

Could you also send the canadian dental board study materials to me as well? I'd appreciate it very much.
My e-mail address is: [email protected]
Thanks to all!

Anybody succeeded in locating Naresh? there are several xerox stores in the area. I asked the guy in kinko's fedex at university ave and edward st., the guy said no body named Naresh working there. Please help me locate Naresh. I need the materials preparing for March 2008 exams.
Thanks.
NARESH IS THERE IN FRONT OF UFT I HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER TOO IF U STILL NEED HIS ADDRESS REPLY TO MY MESSAGE

I also would like some previous exams. I am writting the Canadian National Dental Board Exam in December and need all the help I can get. Please email any info to [email protected]. Thanks

I passed my exam in June. There were 3-4 questions from the released written exams. I went to see Naresh too... not much help except the copies of released written exams and they are without the answers. Some people finish the exam in less than an hour .. not surprising since so many questions were repeated from unreleased exams... no wonder the curve was high..

Be advised that reproducing exam information, released or unreleased, is illegal and unethical. This includes sharing "remembered" questions.

This behavior can result in having your scores voided and having to wait two years to retest. Other penalties may also apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello ALL,
I am wondering if you could clarify a few Q's for me!
I am assuming you are all graduates of accredited (US) dental schools and now want to get your licenses to practice in Canada. Am I correct?
Did any of you take parts 1 and 2 of the US Boards?

How do you find information on the Canadian accreditation exam? (Is there a website) and what tools are you using to study for it??
Any tips you could give me would be MOST appreciated!!
THX!!!!!!!!

hello!
i have js landed in canada so can anybody let me know the whole procedure though i know but its all not so clear. i am fresh graduate frm india.....
thanx!!:)

PLease answer the following ---
Impression material with least tear resistance-
a-Rubber base
b-Irrev hydrocolloid
c-Rever hydrocolloid

WITH INSUFFICIENT LIGHT CURE, WHICH PART OF THE IMPRESSION WILL REMAIN SOFT(UNDER POLYMERIZED)
a-ext surface beneath light
b-core of composite
c-axial wall

a-Rubber base
b-Irrev hydrocolloid :thumbup:
c-Rever hydrocolloid

WITH INSUFFICIENT LIGHT CURE, WHICH PART OF THE IMPRESSION WILL REMAIN SOFT(UNDER POLYMERIZED)
b-core of composite:thumbup:
c-axial wall

and it's not the impression, it's the restoration

hi everyone...i'm new in this forum..i'm in US right now..preparing to give nbde in US..i wanted to ask if i can give exam in canada as well..whats the procedure?? is it the same as giving ndbe here??? ple anyone can help pls reply...thanks in advance..

hi everyone...i'm new in this forum..i'm in US right now..preparing to give nbde in US..i wanted to ask if i can give exam in canada as well..whats the procedure?? is it the same as giving ndbe here??? ple anyone can help pls reply...thanks in advance..

a-Rubber base
b-Irrev hydrocolloid :thumbup:
c-Rever hydrocolloid

b-core of composite:thumbup:
c-axial wall

and it's not the impression, it's the restoration

Thanx!
Ya its restoration I guess I just got carried away while studying.

Hi
I also want to try this NBDE exam ..
Can you advice somethings about this exam ?
I want to know is how to prepare your exam and
which kind of book i should read...
Thank ...

Hi Dr. Ymp and others:

I am new to this forum, and just find this thread about the EE. Could you also send the canadian dental board study materials to me as well? I'd appreciate it very much.
:oops:

I am a foreign dentist. Can anyboby tell me how much it cost to do the 2-year International Dentistry Program in Canada?? (It usually cost about 110~150K for similar program in the USA).

Please let me know, Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some study materials or tips for the NDEB. I am taking them in March.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

[email protected]

Hi every1 , i received this letter & wanted to share with any 1 who's not received it , pls ignore if u're not interested.

Hello all,

Happy new year. I wish you all the best.

I would like to remind you to attend the meeting that will be held at the North York Library, room 1, on Saturday January 12, at 5:30 P.M. With respect to our last meeting, Dr. Gerald Voliere and I have prepared a letter and we want to present it in the meeting. Please be there to help us to polish it, finalize it to be able to send it to Dr. Ray Wenn, President,Canadian Dental Regulatory Authorities Federation.

Please attend this very important meeting. We need to continue our efforts to increase the number of foreign trained Canadian dentists who obtain their Canadian dental licence every year.

A minimum donation of 5 dollars would be appreciated , these donations will go towards the room rental and refreshments.

The exact adress is:
North York Library, room 1
North York Station ( subway )
5100 Yong Street
Mel Lastman Square
Toronto

If you will need help for the directions to room number 1, please contact Dr. Gerald Voliere at :
647-891-8250.

I am looking forward to seeing you, and please invite other colleagues who wish to join our group.

With many thanks

Nasrin Akhtari

Naresh Has Shifted From Print Zone N Has A New Location...if U Want To Contact Him Use This No. 416 294 7583

Hi angela! i am preparing for September EE 2008... can u tell me wt material u studied and how ws ur experience of exam...

hi all,
well am so sorry guys cuz i might b asking some silly old questions but am new to the forum and am kinda lost : ))
am a dentist in egypt i graduated 3 yrs ago,and i need to know the steps to get the canadian license.
thank u so much ; )
please any1 can help send me on [email protected]

Hi,

Does anyone here have the answers to those released written exams? I need to check to see if my own answers are correct.

Thanks.

Angela

Hey Guys,

If you are looking at buying books for dental (full set) dont go to Naresh, he is charging to much ( around $320.00 ) go to copy2print and get it for $280.00,

Take care

dp

Naresh is missing from copy2print, I believe he has been cought stealing money from the store and diverting business to his other store, this is the 3rd time he is doing, last time was with Printzone, he has also taken money from students for teaching upstairs, now all the equipment is gone and every one is looking for him, he did not even pay the instructer, telling everone that instructer is good for nothing, if any one has to recover their money they can contact him at: 905-819-1125 this is the best number to get him,
More update later,

dp

thanks,
I never got this letter,very important too I must say....but how long will this fight go on. thanks anyway

All officially released exams from the NBDE is copyrighted and may not be reproduced. Also the distribution of any other copyrighted study material is against SDN's terms of service. Due to the numerous violations seen in this thread, I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.