Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

:) hello everybody,

i am miss mahnaz ali , hope ur all doin gr8. I was wondering if any body could give me help n guidance on the canadian eligibility exam for international dentists. I intend to write the next exam.....is it very difficult and are you supposed to do everything in depth? how many months would you need to prepare for it? are old question papers available? are there any specific handbooks or text books that are recommended....
i would be greatly obliged if someone could pls kindly give me information as i am completely lost :confused:
thank you
take care n hv a gr8 day
:thumbup:

I dont think thats true becos a SDner(Anjali) who studied & practised in Canada for a few yrs shifted to US last yr and she had to write NBDE 1,2 , licensing exam and ethics exam before applying for a job.

cheer_up said:
Really? If you're a practising dentist in Canada, you don't have to take the NBDE I and II? I always thought one has to take those to practise in the States in addition to the regional board licensing examination. Has it always been this way or is this policy new?

MACEDON said:
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!
hi i am taking the exam this june on 10th and 11th of june if anyone has the answers to the released questions for the NDEB please email me at [email protected]ks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I'm planning on taking the Sept exam as I dont think I'm prepared for this one/ Anyone out there who's planning on taking the Sept exam so we can team up and fight this battle .......... Pls reply

HI... Do we have to study dental decks for eligibility exam too? I mean dental decks are for NBDE and EE is different... isnt it? Can anyone help me that from where and wat to study for EE?

klassy said:
Hey guys,

I'm planning on taking the Sept exam as I dont think I'm prepared for this one/ Anyone out there who's planning on taking the Sept exam so we can team up and fight this battle .......... Pls reply

Hi there,

Am writing the Sept 06 exam . Am located in downtown toronto. Any one interested in group studying? we can meet at the reference library and discuss question papers . email me at [email protected].

f.khan said:
HI... Do we have to study dental decks for eligibility exam too? I mean dental decks are for NBDE and EE is different... isnt it? Can anyone help me that from where and wat to study for EE?

As far as i know , there are no seperate dental decks for EE exam in canada. i have been studying from the dental decks from Kaplan.and they are designed for Ndeb exams.

honeydew004 said:
As far as i know , there are no seperate dental decks for EE exam in canada. i have been studying from the dental decks from Kaplan.and they are designed for Ndeb exams.

are you studying dental decks of part 1 and 2 both or just part 2?

any body preparing in calgary for EE exam.and can any body plz guide me how to prepare which books to consult and do we have to prepare both part or some body was saying there r more questions from part 2

Canada and USA accept each other their professional licenses, it is, DDS licenses. In other words, Canada accept almost all (I don't know about exceptions) USA dental licenses, and USA the Canadian ones. This is the way I am taking both EE and NBD Exams.

sweet1 said:
hi
do u have any information about that after finishing dds in canada ,can a dentist work in US .

Unfortunately, Calgary doesn't have any place to prepare neather for EE nor NBD exams. Libraries doesn't have books related to Dentistry and Medicine. There is only one institution where to prepare for University but it is only related to English exams. Im living in Calgary and I had to come to Toronto in order to take KAPLAN course. KAPLAN only has location in Vancouver, Toronto and Motreal. I have relative in Toronto. I will be getting back home this July 11 and if you want we could share information about. I have just taken NBD 1 last June 27 (online) and I am still preparing myself to take EE next Sept 23 in Edmonton (U of A). I am playing both. If you are interested in sharing information, questions or teamimg up , post me at [email protected] or at [email protected] .

WWA said:
any body preparing in calgary for EE exam.and can any body plz guide me how to prepare which books to consult and do we have to prepare both part or some body was saying there r more questions from part 2

Are you sure they accept dental licenses each other? I already passed California dental license exams, however I want to live in Canada. So, I took EE and applied for schools. Is there a way to get Canadian license with Califirnia license?

leodent said:
Canada and USA accept each other their professional licenses, it is, DDS licenses. In other words, Canada accept almost all (I don't know about exceptions) USA dental licenses, and USA the Canadian ones. This is the way I am taking both EE and NBD Exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
leodent said:
Unfortunately, Calgary doesn't have any place to prepare neather for EE nor NBD exams. Libraries doesn't have books related to Dentistry and Medicine. There is only one institution where to prepare for University but it is only related to English exams. Im living in Calgary and I had to come to Toronto in order to take KAPLAN course. KAPLAN only has location in Vancouver, Toronto and Motreal. I have relative in Toronto. I will be getting back home this July 11 and if you want we could share information about. I have just taken NBD 1 last June 27 (online) and I am still preparing myself to take EE next Sept 23 in Edmonton (U of A). I am playing both. If you are interested in sharing information, questions or teamimg up , post me at [email protected] or at [email protected] .

i dont think that kaplan helps much in the prepartion of the EE exam....it might be useful for the us boards but not for the canadian exam

dental doc80 said:
i dont think that kaplan helps much in the prepartion of the EE exam....it might be useful for the us boards but not for the canadian exam
anybody interested in group study for acfd in toronto area

Dear friend,
How was your may EE results? :)
Gori said:
Hi....Im giving my EE this may....wanted to know if they have questions coming from Part 1, as most of the people suggested that Part 2 prep is more than sufficient.Kindly adv

[i am presently . thank youstudying for the ee for sept 23 2006

. my exam venue is mainlobby toronto. please feed me with past question and material if you have any to my mail box so that i can practice before my exam . i am not present in. i will be grateful for you assistance. i will also want to know about the nbde part 1 and 2 whats is the difference with ee. i will like to know more after ee part 1and 2 what next and the best way to go about it . concerned dentist

klassy said:
Hey guys,i am also preparng for it you can post me any question or material to share with you or other information

I'm planning on taking the Sept exam as I dont think I'm prepared for this one/ Anyone out there who's planning on taking the Sept exam so we can pls send me information

Hi Friends,
I have atlast reached Canada with my family and will be taking the EE exams coming may.It will be nice if any one can through some light on the september one and their results.

Iam preparing for May 2007 EE exams. Anyone out there who's planning to take the May exam so we can exchange information and questions reg.the exam.I live in Mississauga.You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi Bridge,

I'm new to the site and is really useful. I live is Ottawa and there is no way I can get some ifo about EE. Can you pls help me where to buy the dental decks, Kaplan test material. I'm sure I can get from Toronto. Thank you

Raju
Hi

I will definately do so but cannot do so before the end of next week as those students are still writing their exams which will end sometimes next week.

Hello ! I am appearing for ACFD this May. I am reffering to old questions and Dental Decks. If intrested in sharing study matirial and admission info. email me at [email protected]. Best of Luck. Chirag. :luck:

hello chirag,
i m new commer in canada. i have done my b.d.s from india.and now here i want to practice in canada........but someone told me that canadian board exam is tough than american board...can u pls guide me which test i should give.

did anyone got interview from exam in sep..
please share the resulds ...

hi gori
plz don't be mistaken .there r definitely going to be few questions from part 1.[/QUOTEld .]
Hi i am preparing for the EE in may2007.I would really appreciate if somebody can advice me the rite books .Am i suppose to do dental decks wat should i conc more,which books to read and any other reading material.I will be grateful for the help.
Thanks
can emailme on [email protected]

hi everyone
like everyone over here im a dentist aswel.i did my bds from pakistan. currently in uk to give mfds exam part 1 in april. want to migrate to canada and give the ee exam. but am lost as to wat to do. al i know is that there is a ee exam and then qualifying program.
where do i study from for the ee exam.
also do i as a british national need a visa or the like to come to canada? plz plz help me out so that i can get my timings sorted out.
also is there someone out there from birmingham or london who is planning on giving this exam please contact....
at [email protected]

hi first of all one has to be canadian citizen or canadian resident ,to give ee.
they dont have specific atudy material to study from..ee has all the cli.and non clinical subject.. you can refer to nbde 1 and 2 dental deck etc..

hi

i am new here wants to know abt what material to refer for ELIGIBILITY EXAM. ANYONE PLEASE Guide me. thanks

Hi all
Anyone want to write the EE on May 07,i want a serious and honest partner,if anyone interested then contact me on my e-mail

hi first of all one has to be canadian citizen or canadian resident ,to give ee.
they dont have specific atudy material to study from..ee has all the cli.and non clinical subject.. you can refer to nbde 1 and 2 dental deck etc..

hi everyone,
does anybody know where can i buy used dental decks-1 and NDBE-1 past exams?
i'm really lost...:confused:

thanks

hi everyone,
does anybody know where can i buy used dental decks-1 and NDBE-1 past exams?
i'm really lost...:confused:

thanks

I think for eligibility exam, we can read text books first and then can read dental desk of part 1 and part 2 of NBDE!!!! and first aid book of mcq and released papers of nbde!!!
What you think guys.... any better suggestion?????

I think for eligibility exam, we can read text books first and then can read dental desk of part 1 and part 2 of NBDE!!!! and first aid book of mcq and released papers of nbde!!!
What you think guys.... any better suggestion?????

thanks for ur advise, but I don't have enough time to read the books
since I'm planning to take the exam in May. What I need now is
past canadian NDBE questions but i don't know where to get them.
Please advise me regarding this matter.
have you taken EE already?

thanks for ur advise, but I don't have enough time to read the books
since I'm planning to take the exam in May. What I need now is
past canadian NDBE questions but i don't know where to get them.
Please advise me regarding this matter.
have you taken EE already?

Actually i m also preparing for EE first time. But what information i had collected and what review i got abt exam, i feel without reading text books or in other word with the help of only NBDE desk we cant get good score in EE... i am not scaring you but this was just information what i had got.

And abt canadian NDEB exam.. actually it is certification exam which all DDS student as well as after completion of qualifying programe we have to give in order to get registration as general dentist in canada. it is different from usa's NBDE exam and also from eligibility exam of canada. and we do not have to worry abt that now.

I feel you are looking for past EE exam's question paper... but dear officialy it is not published till date.. but some question we can get from the person who had given exam...

So if you are looking for past exam's question paper then you can only find USA's NBDE exam's part 1 and part2 's released papers...

Actually i m also preparing for EE first time. But what information i had collected and what review i got abt exam, i feel without reading text books or in other word with the help of only NBDE desk we cant get good score in EE... i am not scaring you but this was just information what i had got.

And abt canadian NDEB exam.. actually it is certification exam which all DDS student as well as after completion of qualifying programe we have to give in order to get registration as general dentist in canada. it is different from usa's NBDE exam and also from eligibility exam of canada. and we do not have to worry abt that now.

I feel you are looking for past EE exam's question paper... but dear officialy it is not published till date.. but some question we can get from the person who had given exam...

So if you are looking for past exam's question paper then you can only find USA's NBDE exam's part 1 and part2 's released papers...

thanks for ur reply, really appreciate it:)

all the past nbde part 1 and 2 released dental exams are available in uni. of toronto dental library..:thumbup:

hi just joined the forum. cud some one tell me how n what to prepare 4 canadian dental elligibility exam....need all the help n good wishes

:scared::sleep::eek:hi just joined the forum. cud some one tell me how n what to prepare 4 canadian dental elligibility exam....need all the help n good wishes

While SDN encourages discussion and students helping each other out we DO NOT support the exchange of unreleased exams and other ethically questionable material. If requests for such material don't cease I won't hesitate to close this thread.

:confused:hey guys new here...started preparing just.....anyone who can help/ form a study group to discuss the day`s output/share questions/anything useful

Status
Not open for further replies.