Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the answers eebigdog...thanks...I have a few more questions..Please help me if you can..

1) Allergy to latex gloves will fade after repeated exposure or not?
Ans. No

2) Baroreceptors are innervated by what nerves?
Ans. 9 and 10th cranial nerves

3) Healing of extraction sockets..is it primary intention or secondary intention?
Ans. Primary intention

4) Is codeine the only antitussive in the morphine family or other derivatives of morphine are antitussive?
Ans. Yes morphine have same antitussive action but we are not using it as it cause respiratory depression!!

Thanks again and most appreciated..

Correct me If I am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the answers again..But I have a very simple yet confusing question to ask...

What is the antibiotic of choice for a patient who is allergic to Penicillin?
According to some literature it is Erythromycin, according to others it is Clindamycin and yet according to some other texts I have been reading it is Vancomycin..

Please what is the correct answer if we get this question on the EE exam?

Thanks again... And good luck on the test everybody...

Thank you for the answers again..But I have a very simple yet confusing question to ask...

What is the antibiotic of choice for a patient who is allergic to Penicillin?
According to some literature it is Erythromycin, according to others it is Clindamycin and yet according to some other texts I have been reading it is Vancomycin..

Please what is the correct answer if we get this question on the EE exam?

Thanks again... And good luck on the test everybody...

Clindamycin!!! :thumbup:

which of the following microrganisms r frequently found in infected root canals?
a-strp viridans
b-staph aureus
c-lactob
d-enterococci

which of the following microrganisms r frequently found in infected root canals?
a-strp viridans
b-staph aureus
c-lactob
d-enterococci

Hi...According to my notes it is Enterococci...I hope it is right...

Hi...Thanks for all the answers and all the help...

I have a few more questions...Please help if you can...

1-Continued smoking will impair wound healing following a surgical procedure because of
A. Contraction of peripheral blood vessels
B. Superficial irritation to tissues by smoke

2-Following root planing, a patient experiences thermal sensitivity. This pain is associated with which of the following?
A. Odontoblastic processes
B. Free nerve endings

3-The area of the tooth that is most sensitive during cavity preparation is
A. Dentin
B. Dentinoenamel junction

Thanks for any help...

Hi,
Why do u say Clindamycin and not Erythromycin I am pretty sure the ans for this is Erythromycin.Please explain.THANX!

"Clindamycin can be given to patients allergic to penicillins since there is no cross allergenicity"
This sentence is from Dental decks.

Can you explain your answer.....

a-strp viridans
b-staph aureus
c-lactob
d-enterococci

Hi...According to my notes it is Enterococci...I hope it is right...

Sorry but could you explain.

As enterococci found most frequently in secondaryly infected canal, while in primary canal its Bacteroids, and if you talk about newly infected canal then its Streptococcus viridans.

Second thing in question, they didnt asked about microogranism found more in number in infected canal, they asked about microorganism found more frequently....and as well all know Streptococcus is most frequently found in caries and it also aerobic to facultative anaerobes, so it can survive in infected root canal even in anaerobic enviournment.....

Can you explain your answer .....
Thnks

Hi...Thanks for all the answers and all the help...

I have a few more questions...Please help if you can...

1-Continued smoking will impair wound healing following a surgical procedure because of
A. Contraction of peripheral blood vessels:thumbup:
B. Superficial irritation to tissues by smoke

2-Following root planing, a patient experiences thermal sensitivity. This pain is associated with which of the following?
A. Odontoblastic processes:thumbup:
B. Free nerve endings

3-The area of the tooth that is most sensitive during cavity preparation is
A. Dentin
B. Dentinoenamel junction:thumbup:

Thanks for any help...

Members don't see this ad :)
In The Mandibular Fracture Which Is Most Common Site Of Fracture??

1) angle Of Mandible Or
2) body of Mandible

Hi everyone,

I've questions, plz help me to answer them :confused:

1- Having just completed endodontic treatment on a maxillary central incisor, you are preparing the canal for a post when you inadvertently perforate the labial surface of the root. You would
A. Extract the tooth
B. Cement the post using zinc-oxyphosphate cement
C. Cement the post, then raise a flap and seal the defect surgically with amalgam
D. Re-prepare the canal and cement the post
2- The best way to protect the abutments of a Class I removable partial denture from the negative effects of the additional load applied to them is by
A. splinting abutments with adjacent teeth.
B. keeping a light occlusion on the distal extensions.
C. placing distal rests on distal abutments.
D. using cast clasps on distal abutments.
E. regular relining of the distal extensions.
3- Extreme resorption of an edentulous mandible can bring the alveolar ridge to the level of the attachment of the
A. buccinator, styloglossus and geniohyoid muscles.
B. mylohyoid, buccinator and styloglossus muscles.
C. superior constrictor, mylohyoid and buccinator muscles.
D. mylohyoid, buccinator and genioglossus muscles.
4- Which of the following modifications to the standard procedure for mixing gypsum products will increase the compressive strength of the set material?
A. Adding a small amount of salt to the water before mixing.
B. Decreasing the water/powder ratio by a small amount.
C. Using warmer water.
D. Decreasing the mixing time.
5- In the mandibular first premolar, the occlusal dovetail of an ideal disto-occlusal amalgam preparation is usually not extended into the mesial fossa because of the
A. Small lingual lobe
B. Large buccal cusp
C. Large buccal pulp horn
D. Prominent transverse ridge
6- Sterilization of carious dentin without pulp injury is assured by the application of
A. Phenol
B. 70% ethyl alcohol
C. Chlorhexidine
D. Absolute alcohol
E. None of the above
7- In a Factor VIII hemophiliac, which of the following laboratory findings is typical?
A. Prolonged clotting time
B. prolonged bleeding time
C. Abnormally low blood platelet count
D. Prothrombin time 30% of normal

correct me if i am wrong.

Hi everyone,

I've questions, plz help me to answer them :confused:

1- Having just completed endodontic treatment on a maxillary central incisor, you are preparing the canal for a post when you inadvertently perforate the labial surface of the root. You would
A. Extract the tooth
C. Cement the post, then raise a flap and seal the defect surgically with amalgam
D. Re-prepare the canal and cement the post
2- The best way to protect the abutments of a Class I removable partial denture from the negative effects of the additional load applied to them is by
A. splinting abutments with adjacent teeth.
B. keeping a light occlusion on the distal extensions.:thumbup:
C. placing distal rests on distal abutments.
D. using cast clasps on distal abutments.
E. regular relining of the distal extensions.
3- Extreme resorption of an edentulous mandible can bring the alveolar ridge to the level of the attachment of the
A. buccinator, styloglossus and geniohyoid muscles.
B. mylohyoid, buccinator and styloglossus muscles.
C. superior constrictor, mylohyoid and buccinator muscles.
D. mylohyoid, buccinator and genioglossus muscles.:thumbup:
4- Which of the following modifications to the standard procedure for mixing gypsum products will increase the compressive strength of the set material?
C. Using warmer water.
5- In the mandibular first premolar, the occlusal dovetail of an ideal disto-occlusal amalgam preparation is usually not extended into the mesial fossa because of the
A. Small lingual lobe
B. Large buccal cusp
C. Large buccal pulp horn
D. Prominent transverse ridge:thumbup:
6- Sterilization of carious dentin without pulp injury is assured by the application of
A. Phenol
B. 70% ethyl alcohol
C. Chlorhexidine
D. Absolute alcohol
E. None of the above:thumbup:
7- In a Factor VIII hemophiliac, which of the following laboratory findings is typical?
A. Prolonged clotting time:thumbup:
B. prolonged bleeding time
C. Abnormally low blood platelet count
D. Prothrombin time 30% of normal

Hi,
Thank you for your help, I've more questions

1- The most likely cause of tooth loss following a tunneling procedure to provide complete access for a mandibular Class III furcation involvement is:
A- root caries
B- root sensitivity
C- pulpal involvement
D- recurrent pocketing
2- The location of crown margin is determined by
  1. esthetic requirements
  2. clinical crown length
  3. presence of caries
  4. presence of an existing restoration
a. (1) (2) (3)
b. (1) and (3)
c. (2) and (4)
d. (4) only
e. All of the above

3- Which of the following should be checked first when a cast gold crown that fits on its die cannot be seated on its abutment?
A-The occlusal contact

B- The taper of the preparation
C- The proximal contacts
D- The impression used to pour the cast
4- The tooth preparation for a porcelain veneer must create a/an
A- Rough surface for improved bonding

B- Space for an appropriate thickness of the veneering material
C- Margin well below the gingival crest
D- Definite finish line
5- During the fabrication of new complete dentures, which of the following can be modified to achieve the desired occlusion?
  1. The compensation curve
  2. The orientation of the occlusal plane
  3. the cusp inclination
  4. The condylar inclination
A- (1) (2) (3)

B- (1) and (3)
C- (2) and (4)
D- (4) only
E- All of the above
6- Using pins to retain amalgam restorations increases the risk of
1. cracks in the teeth.
2. pulp exposures.
3. thermal sensitivity.
4. periodontal ligament invasion

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above

7- Planing the enamel at the gingival cavosurface of a Class II amalgam preparation on a permanent tooth
A. should result in a long bevel.
B. is contraindicated because of the lowedge strength of amalgam.
C. is unnecessary since the tooth structure in this area is strong.
D. should remove unsupported enamel which may fracture.
E. should result in a sharp gingivoproximal line angle

8- which has better prognosis regarding furcation involvement
1) wide furcation.
2)narrow furcation.

Hi there....well as far as I know it was like that :
1) Effect of Caffeine : it's on cerebral cortex
2) Least irradiating is panoramic
3) Sugar in chewing gum is Xylitol

least hazard to pt. is MRI surely since its not ionized radiation from the begining

check this

Hi,
Thank you for your help, I've more questions

1- The most likely cause of tooth loss following a tunneling procedure to provide complete access for a mandibular Class III furcation involvement is:
A- root caries:thumbup:
B- root sensitivity
C- pulpal involvement
D- recurrent pocketing
  1. esthetic requirements
  2. clinical crown length
  3. presence of caries
  4. presence of an existing restoration
a. (1) (2) (3)
b. (1) and (3)
c. (2) and (4)
d. (4) only
e. All of the above

3- Which of the following should be checked first when a cast gold crown that fits on its die cannot be seated on its abutment?
A-The occlusal contact

B- The taper of the preparation
C- The proximal contacts:thumbup:
D- The impression used to pour the cast
4- The tooth preparation for a porcelain veneer must create a/an
A- Rough surface for improved bonding

B- Space for an appropriate thickness of the veneering material:thumbup:
C- Margin well below the gingival crest
D- Definite finish line
5- During the fabrication of new complete dentures, which of the following can be modified to achieve the desired occlusion?
  1. The compensation curve
  2. The orientation of the occlusal plane
  3. the cusp inclination
  4. The condylar inclination
A- (1) (2) (3)

B- (1) and (3):thumbup:
C- (2) and (4)
D- (4) only
E- All of the above
6- Using pins to retain amalgam restorations increases the risk of
1. cracks in the teeth.
2. pulp exposures.
3. thermal sensitivity.
4. periodontal ligament invasion

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above:thumbup:

7- Planing the enamel at the gingival cavosurface of a Class II amalgam preparation on a permanent tooth
A. should result in a long bevel.
B. is contraindicated because of the lowedge strength of amalgam.
C. is unnecessary since the tooth structure in this area is strong.
D. should remove unsupported enamel which may fracture.:thumbup:
E. should result in a sharp gingivoproximal line angle

8- which has better prognosis regarding furcation involvement
1) wide furcation.
2)narrow furcation.

"Clindamycin can be given to patients allergic to penicillins since there is no cross allergenicity"
This sentence is from Dental decks.

Can you explain your answer.....

Erythromycin is a macrolide antibiotic that has an antimicrobial spectrum similar to or slightly wider than that of penicillin, and is often used for people that have an allergy to penicillins. For respiratory tract infections, it has better coverage of atypical organisms, including mycoplasma and Legionellosis. It is also used to treat outbreaks of chlamydia, syphilis, acne, and gonorrhea. (THIS is from Wikipedia)

esthetic requirements
clinical crown length
presence of caries
presence of an existing restoration
a. (1) (2) (3)

b. (1) and (3)
c. (2) and (4)
d. (4) only
e. All of the above

- Having just completed endodontic treatment on a maxillary central incisor, you are preparing the canal for a post when you inadvertently perforate the labial surface of the root. You would
A. Extract the tooth
C. Cement the post, then raise a flap and seal the defect surgically with amalgamD. Re-prepare the canal and cement the post

Which of the following modifications to the standard procedure for mixing gypsum products will increase the compressive strength of the set material?
C. Using warmer water.

The compensation curve
The orientation of the occlusal plane
the cusp inclination
The condylar inclination
A- (1) (2) (3)
B- (1) and (3)
C- (2) and (4)
D- (4) only
E- All of the above

- which has better prognosis regarding furcation involvement
1) wide furcation. 2)narrow furcation.

According to Pathway of the Pulp, Clindamycin is an apprppriate antibiotic for patients who are allergic to penicillin. It is beta lactamase resistant and is highly effective against orofacial infections. Erithromydin, which is commonly prescribed for pationes with an allergy to penicillin, has been shown to be ineffective against most of the anaerobes assoceated with endodontic infections. Thus it is no longer recommended.
New Dental Decks also recommend Clindamycin.:)

- Having just completed endodontic treatment on a maxillary central incisor, you are preparing the canal for a post when you inadvertently perforate the labial surface of the root. You would
A. Extract the tooth
C. Cement the post, then raise a flap and seal the defect surgically with amalgamD. Re-prepare the canal and cement the post

I think that amalgam can cause amalgam tatoo and this is not good in such esthetic important area as maxillary cental incisor. I prefer to cement the post using zinc-oxyphosphate cement.
Correct me if I wrong:)

A. Extract the tooth

I think that amalgam can cause amalgam tatoo and this is not good in such esthetic important area as maxillary cental incisor. I prefer to cement the post using zinc-oxyphosphate cement.
Correct me if I wrong:)

Sorry but In this condition better to use Amalgam after raising the flap rather than using zincoxyphosphate cement... for explanation check ASDA papers...

According to Pathway of the Pulp, Clindamycin is an apprppriate antibiotic for patients who are allergic to penicillin. It is beta lactamase resistant and is highly effective against orofacial infections. Erithromydin, which is commonly prescribed for pationes with an allergy to penicillin, has been shown to be ineffective against most of the anaerobes assoceated with endodontic infections. Thus it is no longer recommended.

:thumbup:

when removing bone or sectioning roots of teeth with a high-speed handpiece, the air/water combination should be set with
A) Air and Water on.
B) Water Only
c) Air Only.
d) Neither air nor water.

2} Pain and dificulty on swallowing , trismus and a displaced uvula are signs and symptoms of infesction of which one of the following spaces?
A) Submandibular
B) Lateral Paraapharyngeal.
C) Sublingual
D) Deep temporal
E) Submasseretic

Thanx!! If the decks recommend it then no point in discussing, the answer is clindamycin then.

when removing bone or sectioning roots of teeth with a high-speed handpiece, the air/water combination should be set with
A) Air and Water on.
B) Water Only
c) Air Only.

2} Pain and dificulty on swallowing , trismus and a displaced uvula are signs and symptoms of infesction of which one of the following spaces?
A) Submandibular
C) Sublingual
D) Deep temporal
E) Submasseretic

1--water only cause air can lead to blockade in the blood circulation.(air embolism)

2-lateral paraphayngeal.

correct me if i am wrong.Thanx!

A) Air and Water on.
B) Water Only
c) Air Only.

A) Submandibular
C) Sublingual
D) Deep temporal
E) Submasseretic

1--water only cause air can lead to blockade in the blood circulation.(air embolism)

2-lateral paraphayngeal.

correct me if i am wrong.Thanx!

:thumbup:

A SIMILAR QUESTION WAS THERE IN SEP EE,,,

FOLLOWING ROOT PLANNING , A PATIENT EXPERIENCES THERMAL SENSTIVITY. THIS PAIN IS ASSOCIATED WITH ?
A) Free nerve endings
B) Odontoblastic processes

i think answer is free nerve endings.. please correct me if its not thanks

2 A BITE WING Radiograph of an early mixed dentition should include the following proximal surfaces?

A) Distal of the primary canine to distal of permanent 1st molar.
B) Disatal of primary canine to mesial of permanent 1st molar.
C) Mesial of primay 1st molar to mesial of permanent 1st molar.

i think A

A pt with pain,fever unilatera; parotid swelling following a general anesthetic most likely has---
1-mumps
2-sialolithiasis
3-acute bacterial sialadenitis
4-sjogrens syndrome
5-sarcoidosis

A SIMILAR QUESTION WAS THERE IN SEP EE,,,

FOLLOWING ROOT PLANNING , A PATIENT EXPERIENCES THERMAL SENSTIVITY. THIS PAIN IS ASSOCIATED WITH ?
A) Free nerve endings
B) Odontoblastic processes

i think answer is free nerve endings.. please correct me if its not thanks

2 A BITE WING Radiograph of an early mixed dentition should include the following proximal surfaces?

i think A

free nerve endings:thumbup:

A pt with pain,fever unilatera; parotid swelling following a general anesthetic most likely has---
1-mumps
2-sialolithiasis
3-acute bacterial sialadenitis
4-sjogrens syndrome
5-sarcoidosis

1 A BITE WING Radiograph of an early mixed dentition should include the following proximal surfaces?

i think A

2 dietary deficiency of vitamin D can result in
A Abnormal formation of Osteoid
B Osteitis fibrosa cystica

3 Most ZOE Cements are not suitable for permanent cementation of crowns and fixed partial dentures because of
A High viscosity
B High solubility in saliva

4 An acute periapical abscess originating from a mandibular 3rd molar generally points and drains in the
A Submandibular Space
B Pterygomandibular Space

Hi everyone,

plz help m to solve these questions

1- Which of the following pharmacokinetic change(s) occur(s) with aging?

1 - Absorption is altered by a decrease in the gastric pH.
2 - Metabolism is decreased by a reduced liver mass.
3 - Distribution is altered by a decrease in total body fat.
4 - Excretion is reduced because of lessened renal blood flow.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. All of the above

2- Spirochete activity is seen by

A. staining with Gram’s methods.
B. staining with methylene blue.
C. observation with dark-field microscopy.
D. observation with bright-field microscopy.

3- Temporomandibular joint disc morphology is best seen by using
A. arthrography
B. computed tomography
C. magnetic resonance imaging
D. corrected tomography

4- With the development of gingivitis, the sulcus
becomes predominantly populated by

A. gram-positive organisms.
B. gram-negative organisms.
C. diplococcal organisms.
D. spirochetes.

5- The chief mechanism by which the body
metabolizes short-acting barbiturates is

A. oxidation.
B. reduction.
C. hydroxylation and oxidation.
D. sequestration in the body fats.

6- To improve denture stability, mandibular molar
teeth should normally be placed

A. over the crest of the mandibular ridge.
B. buccal to the crest of the mandibular
ridge.
C. over the buccal shelf area.
D. lingual to the crest of the mandibular
ridge.

is it A :confused: (the mandibular posterior teeth should normally be placed over the crest of the mandibular ridge and the mandibular anterior teeth should be placed slightly buccally for esthetic demand

7- The design of a mucoperiosteal flap should

1. provide for visual access.
2. provide for instrument access.
3. permit repositioning over a solid bone
base.
4. be semilunar in shape.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

8- A surgical flap not repositioned over a bony base
will result in

1. slower healing.
2. foreign body inflammatory reaction.
3. wound dehiscence.
4. necrosis of bone.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

9- Tetracyclines

1. have no side effects.
2. may increase susceptibility to
superinfections.
3. are safe to use during pregnancy.
4. have a wide spectrum of antibacterial
activity.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

10- The most logical explanation for causing swelling
beneath the eye caused by an abscessed maxillary
canine is that the

A. lymphatics drain superiorly in this region.
B. bone is less porous superior to the root
apex.
C. infection has passed into the angular vein
which has no valves.
D. the root apex lies superior to the
attachment of the caninus and levator
labii superioris muscles.

hi
Hi everyone,

plz help m to solve these questions

1- Which of the following pharmacokinetic change(s) occur(s) with aging?

1 - Absorption is altered by a decrease in the gastric pH.
2 - Metabolism is decreased by a reduced liver mass.
3 - Distribution is altered by a decrease in total body fat.
4 - Excretion is reduced because of lessened renal blood flow.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. All of the above

2- Spirochete activity is seen by

A. staining with Gram’s methods.
B. staining with methylene blue.
C. observation with dark-field microscopy.
D. observation with bright-field microscopy.

3- Temporomandibular joint disc morphology is best seen by using
A. arthrography
B. computed tomography
C. magnetic resonance imaging
D. corrected tomography

4- With the development of gingivitis, the sulcus
becomes predominantly populated by

A. gram-positive organisms.
B. gram-negative organisms.
C. diplococcal organisms.
D. spirochetes.

5- The chief mechanism by which the body
metabolizes short-acting barbiturates is

A. oxidation.
B. reduction.
C. hydroxylation and oxidation.
D. sequestration in the body fats.

ridge.
D. lingual to the crest of the mandibular[/FONT]
ridge.

is it A :confused: (the mandibular posterior teeth should normally be placed over the crest of the mandibular ridge and the mandibular anterior teeth should be placed slightly buccally for esthetic demand

7- The design of a mucoperiosteal flap should

1. provide for visual access.
2. provide for instrument access.
3. permit repositioning over a solid bone
base.
4. be semilunar in shape.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

8- A surgical flap not repositioned over a bony base
will result in

1. slower healing.
2. foreign body inflammatory reaction.
3. wound dehiscence.
4. necrosis of bone.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

9- Tetracyclines

1. have no side effects.
2. may increase susceptibility to
superinfections.
3. are safe to use during pregnancy.
4. have a wide spectrum of antibacterial
activity.

A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

10- The most logical explanation for causing swelling
beneath the eye caused by an abscessed maxillary
canine is that the

A. lymphatics drain superiorly in this region.
B. bone is less porous superior to the root
apex.
C. infection has passed into the angular vein
which has no valves.
D. the root apex lies superior to the
attachment of the caninus and levator
labii superioris muscles.

can anyone help me with this :)

ridge.
D. lingual to the crest of the mandibular ridge

I think the answer is A

The position of the teeth should be in neutral zone between the forces of the lips and cheeks from one side and the force of the tongue from the other side.
the mandibular posterior teeth shouldn't be placed too far buccally or too far lingually, they should normally be placed over the crest of the mandibular ridge (the central groove of the molars must be placced over the crest of the mandibular ridge with lingual inclination) and the mandibular anterior teeth are placed slightly labially to the residual ridge because the mandibular natural teeth are labially to their apices

3 carpules ( 2ml carpules,40mg/ml) of local anesthetic x r required to obtain adequate LA.To obtain the same degree of anesthesia with y five caroules (2ml 40 mg/ml) r required.If no other information about the two drugs is available ,then it is accurate to say that the drug x is

a-more potent than y
b-less potent than y
c-x and y r equal in potency and efficacy.

the answer given is c.
could someone please explain in detail .Thanx!

hey plant this is what i think.. but others also help as i am not sure.. thanks buddy..put few more questions

1 A BITE WING Radiograph of an early mixed dentition should include the following proximal surfaces?

A) Distal of the primary canine to distal of permanent 1st molar.:thumbup:

i think A

2 dietary deficiency of vitamin D can result in
A Abnormal formation of Osteoid:thumbup:

3 Most ZOE Cements are not suitable for permanent cementation of crowns and fixed partial dentures because of
A High viscosity
B High solubility in saliva:thumbup:

4 An acute periapical abscess originating from a mandibular 3rd molar generally points and drains in the
A Submandibular Space:thumbup:
B Pterygomandibular Space

Can anyone help me with this question??

in xerostomia which salivary glands are affected
-accessory
-parotid
-submandibular
-sublingual gland

I could not find an answer in any book

phosphate related drug targets
-skin, teeth
-muscles and bone
-teeth and bone
-teeth and muscles

Can anyone explain this one?

A BITE WING Radiograph of an early mixed dentition should include the following proximal surfaces?

A)Distal of the primary canine to distal of permanent 1st molar[/COLOR].

please tell me whether option B is correct or not

dietary deficiency of]vitamin Dcan result in]
A Abnormal formation of Osteoid

vitamin c responsible for matrix /osteoid formation

A High viscosity
B High solubility in saliva

A Submandibular SpaceB Pterygomandibular Space

i think
3 carpules ( 2ml carpules,40mg/ml) of local anesthetic x r required to obtain adequate LA.To obtain the same degree of anesthesia with y five caroules (2ml 40 mg/ml) r required.If no other information about the two drugs is available ,then it is accurate to say that the drug x is

a-more potent than yb-less potent than y
c-x and y r equal in potency and efficacy.

the answer given is c.
could someone please explain in detail .Thanx!

In PFM, the shear strength b/w porcelain and gold depends upon
-compressive st
-tensile st
-modulous of elasticity
-co-eff of thermal expansion

not sure. any ideas?

can you please help me with these questions
253. Which of the following will correct right away?
a. AOB + thumb sucking + tongue thrust
b. Class ill
c. Crossbite
254. Mesiodens +diastema + lateral tipped distally
52.What is true about Mandibular growth-it growth vertically than
horizontally
Or latent growth in premature sprue
Or girls complete mandibular growth 100% by age 13

57.What to treat fIrst ?? Anterior open bite with thump sucking or
crossbite
interfere with
58.how do you know a malocclusion is skeletal or dental in nature
Physiologic movement
132.Mesial Terminal plane include----Class I and class III or class II
l33.If fracture unilateral condyle on a child-what would happen
Affect mandibular growth
Ankylosis
Class II
l35.if 16 erupting but 55 interfer distally with erupting 16 -what to
do?
Trimm distal side of 55 or extract 55 or extract 16

253. Which of the following will correct right away?
a. AOB + thumb sucking + tongue thrust
b. Class ill
c. Crossbite
254. Mesiodens +diastema + lateral tipped distally
52.What is true about Mandibular growth-it growth vertically than
horizontally
Or latent growth in premature sprut
-:(

57.What to treat fIrst ?? Anterior open bite with thump sucking or
crossbite
interfere with
58.how do you know a malocclusion is skeletal or dental in nature