Canadian DAT/Reading Comprehension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinaa

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I hope everyone had a great summer so far. I am writing Canadian DAT this November and was wondering about the Reading Comprehension part. As you might know Canadian DAT has 10 minutes less time for this section and therefore, passages and questions can not be quite the same as the American DAT.However all the practice materials that I got so far are based on the American DAT. Could anyone please guide me to the best practice materials for Canadian DAT/Reading Comprehension?

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote the Canadian DAT february, 2015 and got 22 on RC without doing a single practise test. All you need to know is the search and destroy method. Look at each question one by one and find the answer in the passage, its so straightforward. I'd say just read news articles to develop your reading speed, but other than that don't stress. RC is very straightforward

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote the Canadian DAT february, 2015 and got 22 on RC without doing a single practise test. All you need to know is the search and destroy method. Look at each question one by one and find the answer in the passage, its so straightforward. I'd say just read news articles to develop your reading speed, but other than that don't stress. RC is very straightforward
thank you for your reply, English is my second language that's why I am not comfortable with high speed reading and want to make sure to get enough and right practice. Overall, are the passages shorter in Canadian DAT compared to American DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have only written the Canadian DAT, but from what I hear they are about the same length. Since English is your second language I would recommend subscribing to DAT Bootcamp and doing a practise RC exam everyday using the search and destroy method. The more practice you get, the better you will become.

I have only written the Canadian DAT, but from what I hear they are about the same length. Since English is your second language I would recommend subscribing to DAT Bootcamp and doing a practise RC exam everyday using the search and destroy method. The more practice you get, the better you will become.
Thank you and best of luck