Canadian Friendly schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parham3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody has a list of Canadian friendly school and acceptance rate for internation/canadian students.

Best regards

Members don't see this ad.

Being someone who is also from the GTA area and just went through the application process i'd recommend applying to NYU, Case, Nova, UPenn, Buffalo, Pitt, Boston, Detroit Mercy. Not sure what your GPA/DAT scores are like but if they are on the higher end i'd recommend applying to some other schools as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of GPA and DAT score range do they have? Does anyone have idea? Thanks:)

What about USC dental school, i really want to move to california.

What about USC dental school, i really want to move to california.
Unless your parents give you 150K, you wont be able to attend that one due to tuition costs. With the Canadian dollar right now, that school is $470K CAN. Heck even Americans avoid it if they have more choices.

Unless your parents give you 150K, you wont be able to attend that one due to tuition costs. With the Canadian dollar right now, that school is $470K CAN. Heck even Americans avoid it if they have more choices.
Wow, the north american economic structure is really build for the rich and privileged.

Wow, the north american economic structure is really build for the rich and privileged.

Has been, still is, and always will be. The so-called "American dream" applies to a very small minority.

Being someone who is also from the GTA area and just went through the application process i'd recommend applying to NYU, Case, Nova, UPenn, Buffalo, Pitt, Boston, Detroit Mercy. Not sure what your GPA/DAT scores are like but if they are on the higher end i'd recommend applying to some other schools as well.

I'd add Minnesota and Temple in there as well, but the key ones are mentioned above. Also if you've taken the American DAT, your options will really open up. Schools like Columbia favour the aDAT heavily. But for all these schools, your stats will play a part in determining your chances. Schools like BU and Detroit have a history of taking a fair number of Canadians (Sometimes 15+) and they are pretty consistent. It's less predicable with schools like UPenn. There have been years when there around 10 Canadians in a class, but recently there have been only around 4-5.

Apply to 8-10 schools to be on the safe side.

Good Luck.