*** Canadian GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 35 **PLEASE HELP**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daleader

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Please help me with your great advices and recommendations. I really appreciate your help in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I am a CANADIAN RESIDENT
- Completed 3-year undergraduate program at a university in Canada

- GPA: 4.0 (All "A+" with a few "A"s)
- Didn't take full load course load (didn't take 5 courses / semester, took 3-4 courses)
- I had 1 gap year

- One-year research position (volunteer) at a lab at my university
- Two-year research position (volunteer + partly paid)
- Two-year research position at a hospital (paid / employment position)

- Shadowed physician for +200 hours
- Hospital Volunteer Experience for +600 hours

- 1 Publication (third author)
- 3 Abstracts
- 4 Poster and Seminar Presentations

- Involved in student club at my university (1 Founder/President, 1 Vice-president, 1 Exec)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to your replies! Thank you.

- Good luck to every one of you

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed that I didn't give you the breakdown of my MCAT. Its 12-10-13 (V:10)

Please, any advices/suggestions would be helpful

If you haven't already submitted your AMCAS, you should get it submitted tomorrow. You're behind, rolling admissions means people are already getting interview offers.

You should get interviews in Canada as well with the stats.

Apply to all mid tier and top tiers and hope for the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you SFU! I'm at a big disadvantage in Canada because of my low course load.

Do you think I will have a decent chance at schools in US? Do you think I may have shot at University of Columbia for instance?

Thanks!

Thank you SFU! I'm at a big disadvantage in Canada because of my low course load.

Do you think I will have a decent chance at schools in US? Do you think I may have shot at University of Columbia for instance?

Thanks!

Sorry to be a jerk but it's Columbia University's college of physicians and surgeons.

I don't know your course load but it matters in the US too. Unlike CAD schools, US schools will read your application and your GPA+MCAT are great! So apply and go ahead.