Canadian MPH programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ftcnt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the MPH program at Lakehead University and I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has been through the program....what are your impressions of it and also what courses did you take. I'm looking for feedback on what courses are interesting and so forth. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi ftcnt,

i've only heard great things about the lakeahead MPH program. a girl who worked in my research lab was in the part-time online course a few years ago. all i know is that she was really busy working full-time while doing it.

i actually have a question for you. how long is the program for both full and part-time stuies? i can't seem to find that info anywhere on the site. ie, 2 full yrs.. 12 full months, etc.

thanks in advance! have a great year!

chrail

wow...someone actually replied! yeah its a pretty good program, small university and the faculty are very nice, helpful and happy to have you there doing research with them.

i am in the program full time and doing it in 2 years. i think you can finish in 18 months depending on how well you are doing on your thesis/course project.
part time people are taking it online and i think taking it course by course. so it all depends on how long it takes you to do the courses and your thesis.

you can pick to do either a thesis and 6 half courses or 8 courses and a project. there is a health studies stream and a nursing stream but you probably already knew that. :) let me know if you got any questions.

hi ftcnt .. hw u doing? .. am planning to apply for lakehead's mph programme for the next sep 2015 intake .. would really appreciate your feedback on the programme and its prospects ...