Canadian NDEB Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTLUK001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you in Canada received your NDEB of Canada results yet?

Members don't see this ad.

bump 5 6 7 8 9 10

I believe the results are out next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yahooo! I passed!

JTLUK001 said:
Yahooo! I passed!

Congrats!!!!

I'm in first year, but I do plan to take the Canadian boards when I'm done. How did you find it? How is it compared to the US boards?

thanks
Hot-n-Aml

I found the basic sciences similar to the US Part I and II. What was difficult was the OSCE section. I found it difficult to evaluate preps without the aid of a probe and explorer and it was not clear if we were evaluating for minimal clinical acceptability or ideal preps that we were taught on dentoforms. After taking the OSCE my first thought was that I should have taken a state board exam. It would have been easier to actually work on a patient than to evaluate some of the preps on the exam. The OSCE also tested a lot of pedo and ortho principles. I mean a lot. There are exams posted on the NDEB website and they are very helpful. Half the questions that were on my test were released.

Reactions: 1 user
I am interested to know whether you need to be a Canadian citizen/Landed Immigrant to take the Canadian Boards? Also for licensing purposes do you have to pass both the national boards and the province board? I would love to practice in Vancouver, BC although I am going to an US school and am a citizen here...
(to all those who passed a BIG CHEERS!)

It looks like we've got ourselves a defector! (just kidding)

Redicon1, Vancouver is a great place. You can take the Canadian NDEB whether or not you are a landed immigrant. With US dental schools you have to take and pass Part I and Part II to graduate to obtain your DDS/DMD degree. Clinical licensure depends on which state you want to work in. In Canada the NDEB exam, written and OSCE, satisfy the basic sciences (like US Part I and II) and clinical competency components. There are no independent provincial exams that I am aware of. Go to www.ndeb.ca for more info.
With the NAFTA agreement you can easily obtain a work visa to practice dentistry in Canada. When I took the exams in March, there were a number of students who were not citizens or permanent residents who were taking the exam as well.

I thought you need the employer to sponsor you if you want a work visa (if you are not a citizen). I really wonder what kind of owner-dentist would really bother to go through all the paperwork to hire a non-citizen grad, when they could just as easily get someone else without the hassle.

Good point. I know if I were to work in the US, the sponsor or employer simply has to write a letter stating that they are going to employ me and how much they are going to pay me. If an employer can't go through the trouble of writing a letter I probably wouldn't work for them anyways. Damn lazy sh**s!

Congrats James!

Got my results today.... I passed too!

awesome! VM268 what are your plans? Where are you going to associate, GPR, or residency? I am hoping to open a practice in Vancouver.

How was the new OSCE scored? or did they just send you a letter with the scores like they did to me. My friend is still waiting for his score - being sent to the US.

Hey DrRob,
They sent a letter for each exam OSCE and Written and just the scores. I received mine in Louisville on the 20th.

Hi James,

I plan to associate but haven't really started looking yet. I've got tons of work to do before school ends, so I think I'll start looking in May. In the meantime I'm returning to the school as a TA for the 1st and 2nd years.

Good luck with your practice. I have friends who are and will be practicing in Vancouver. There's good potential for setting up a busy pratice there!

Hi James, I pm'd you.

I am having more than 200 international books in soft format. It contains all standard mcq books and number of reference books also.

Contact for more details at [email protected]