Canadian Psychology Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CharlizeRai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am starting this thread for those of us applying to psychology programs in Canada. I have applied to four clinical psychology programs.

The thread from last year was helpful as people discussed their application experiences and knowledge. I hope this can provide the same.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

University of Victoria told me they would start making the short-list of applicants around January 14, and Simon Fraser University stated they hope to contact short-listed applicants by January 10.

Just received my official rejection from Simon Fraser and was told by a friend in that program that they've already sent out their invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've heard some people getting interviews from ryerson, uoft-scarborough, uvic, and yorku. still early though and definitely not over.

Hi guys. I've applied to McGill, Concordia, UoT-Sc and UBC. I have not heard anything back from any of them - neither interviews nor rejections/acceptances. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Any word? I'm starting to think that no news is bad news - given that the period for interviews seems to be ripe.

Hi guys. I've applied to McGill, Concordia, UoT-Sc and UBC. I have not heard anything back from any of them - neither interviews nor rejections/acceptances. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Any word? I'm starting to think that no news is bad news - given that the period for interviews seems to be ripe.

I applied to Concordia, and haven't heard anything; not sure if invitations have already been sent..at now, nobody has posted about it here or on gradcafe.

Applied to York and Ryerson. Had several interviews at Ryerson but nothing from York (they had their interview day, though, so I guess it means I'm out).

Anyone else heard from these schools?

Hi everyone, this is my first time to post in this thread! Why is it so dead?? :p :p I am planning to apply next year so that I can start on 2015 right after my graduation from University of Toronto. However I am very anxious about the high requirement to get in clinical psychology graduate programs and I was wandering if anyone who got accepted can guide me a little bit here and soothe my anxious life :p. So far my cGPA is 3.7ish (80%) using the OMSAS grading system (previous year is 3.95, this year 3.90 so far). I am also planning to do my GRE next year. I am also curious how did you guys prepare for that exam?

@Ellipsis can you post your stats? If not then maybe I will PM you!