Canadian schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Art Vandelay123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I couldn't find much information on Canadian PT schools. Has anyone here applied to Canadian schools in the past? I'd love to get some insight into the schools and the process. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the process of going to PT school in the US and then moving to Canada to practice? Is it a difficult process? Do you have to take another test?

Hey everybody,

I couldn't find much information on Canadian PT schools. Has anyone here applied to Canadian schools in the past? I'd love to get some insight into the schools and the process. Thanks!

I'm an American and took a long look at several Canadian PT programs (British Columbia, Toronto, McMaster) early in my application process. I thought it'd be cool to study elsewhere and was drawn by the comparatively lower tuition rates.

I was also impressed with the curriculum structure. And I liked that, although some GPA requirements were higher, they weren't extremely rigid on taking "these exact 10 prerequisite courses, amounting to this exact amount of credit hours." On its surface, it seems like a more holistic look at applicant backgrounds -- although I guess that variability could case more anxiety too.

I ultimately decided against it because they are very competitive, seeing as there are only 14 schools in the county (http://www.physiotherapy.ca/public.asp?WCE=C=47|K=223777). And they seemed to heavily favor young, in-province students. I e-mailed those programs and asked how many international students they admitted each year. Each program softly discouraged me from applying, simply because it's not logistically favorable. The fact that they were master's programs and I am looking to practice in the States sealed the deal for me.

Good luck to you!